Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

PC_Arcade

OLED55B7 Amazon app - no 4k no HDR

Question

I bought the OLED55b7v at the weekend and it's awesome, the only issue I'm having is the Amazon app doesn't offer any 4k or HDR programmes whatsoever!

I've updated the app to the latest and updated the firmware as well (now on 4.70.65). 

I uninstalled and re-installed the amazon app and still nothing above 1080p! 

[edit to add] I should add, Netlix, Nvidia Shield and the xbox all work perfectly well with HDR / Doby Vision etc.[/edit]

Can anyone help?

5 answers to this question

15 hours ago, PC_Arcade said:

I bought the OLED55b7v at the weekend and it's awesome, the only issue I'm having is the Amazon app doesn't offer any 4k or HDR programmes whatsoever!

I've updated the app to the latest and updated the firmware as well (now on 4.70.65). 

I uninstalled and re-installed the amazon app and still nothing above 1080p! 

[edit to add] I should add, Netlix, Nvidia Shield and the xbox all work perfectly well with HDR / Doby Vision etc.[/edit]

Can anyone help?

Here's LG's page on the issue:

http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000020-20150296187040-amazon

Most of the items listed you have already undertaken, I think the only thing to check is your region set up.

After that possibly an email to Amazon, their tech support is reasonably good.

No technical problem at all. Turned out to be user error, I wasn't expecting 4k shows to be hidden as well as they are!

All sorted now thank you for your help :)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PC_Arcade said:

No technical problem at all. Turned out to be user error, I wasn't expecting 4k shows to be hidden as well as they are!

All sorted now thank you for your help :)

As long as you have it sorted that is all that matters. 

51 minutes ago, PC_Arcade said:

All sorted now thank you for your help

Even worse than their crappy navigation, there is a bunch of content in 4K on Amazon Video that doesn't even show up in any search. Both seasons of The Expanse are available in 4K, but you'll never find them without a direct browser link (you add them to your watchlist from your browser and they'll show up the next time you open the app on your TV). Other shows you'll search for and only get the regular HD version where the 4K version can be found by navigating to the right place. Why they even SHOW the HD versions on apps that have 4K capacity is beyond me. If your bandwidth is weak, the app will automatically switch to the HD version anyway, so there's no reason anyone would intentionally choose the HD version given the choice of both. Just do what other services do and have one either listing that shows all available versions (Vudu), or just show the best version the users' equipment can handle (Netflix).

23 hours ago, Cody k said:

Even worse than their crappy navigation, there is a bunch of content in 4K on Amazon Video that doesn't even show up in any search. Both seasons of The Expanse are available in 4K, but you'll never find them without a direct browser link (you add them to your watchlist from your browser and they'll show up the next time you open the app on your TV). Other shows you'll search for and only get the regular HD version where the 4K version can be found by navigating to the right place. Why they even SHOW the HD versions on apps that have 4K capacity is beyond me. If your bandwidth is weak, the app will automatically switch to the HD version anyway, so there's no reason anyone would intentionally choose the HD version given the choice of both. Just do what other services do and have one either listing that shows all available versions (Vudu), or just show the best version the users' equipment can handle (Netflix).

Agreed 100% Amazon prime's app is terrible!