Quantcast

App restarting

Kayleigh

Question

8 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, digidog78 said:

Won't this delete all my settings, devices and changes?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Yes, but that is sort of the point.

YouTube, Plex and Amazon are the most frequently used apps on my TV.  I cannot recall Amazon ever restarting, Plex has not had an issue since about five revisions ago and even then it was only once or twice.  YouTube has been the most unstable app, which to me says it is more of a programming than an OS/hardware issue.  The latest YouTube update hit my TV a couple of days ago and currently it has been behaving itself, having watched over nearly hours worth of videos without an issue.

Yes, but that is sort of the point.
YouTube, Plex and Amazon are the most frequently used apps on my TV.  I cannot recall Amazon ever restarting, Plex has not had an issue since about five revisions ago and even then it was only once or twice.  YouTube has been the most unstable app, which to me says it is more of a programming than an OS/hardware issue.  The latest YouTube update hit my TV a couple of days ago and currently it has been behaving itself, having watched over nearly hours worth of videos without an issue.
In my case, the 3 most used apps for me are netflix, youtube and plex. I have so far no problems with netflix and youtube. But for plex, i encounter stutters and buffers endlessly (source content is streamed via a local server) . While i have yet to encounter app restart issues, I'm looking for how to actually FORCE an app restart. I've been a plex user across platforms and have not had any problems streaming from the same source. But plex for webos gives me grief. I thought a force restart would solve it. My questions are:
1. How do you force close a webos app? (not just remove it from recents)
2. How do you reboot the lg smart tv without taking out the plug? (this is unrelated but couldn't find an answer for this anywhere)

P. S. apologies to the threadstarter for hijacking the thread a bit. Now back to regular programming.

Had the same issue with YouTube restarting. Tried all the suggestions mentioned above but none worked. Finally another forum member found that having both Ethernet and WiFi connections running was the causing the restart problem. I did have bother type of wired and wireless connections so turned off the WiFi wherever I could in Settings and voila restart problem fixed for me.

10 hours ago, digidog78 said:

In my case, the 3 most used apps for are netflix, youtube and plex. I have so far no problems with netflix and youtube. But for plex, i encounter stutters and buffers endlessly (source content is streamed via a local server) . While i have yet to encounter app restart issues, I'm looking for how to actually FORCE an app restart. I've been a plex user across platforms and have not had any problems streaming from the same source. But plex for webos gives me grief. I thought a force restart would solve it. My questions are:
1. How do you force close a webos app? (not just remove it from recents)
2. How do you reboot the lg smart tv without taking out the plug? (this is unrelated but couldn't find an answer for this anywhere)

P. S. apologies to the threadstarter for hijacking the thread a bit. Now back to regular programming.

fi

Hi all thanks but I found that if you make sure that you exit the app you are on then the system on the app shouldn't reboot with the situation  and I have no trouble for a while now so if anyone else has this situation just make sure you exit the app that you are on whether netflix iplayer youtube etc and it should not reset the app thanks again