Quantcast

UI-113 error when trying to run Netflix app

vlc

Question

Three weeks now I can't view Netflix (UK). I have asked my broadband supplier  Virgin to reset DNS(they say they have done it but how does one check that), I've reinstalled the app a few times now, reset the hub, factory reset the TV, which is directly connected to the hub.  No change after all that.  Everything else works well.

What can I do now?

6 answers to this question

Well... figured out a workaround of sorts. If I use my mobile phone network connection as a hotspot to initiate the connection and start the movie I can then re-connect my normal broadband connection then  switch off the hotspot. The broadband connection to Netflix then continues to work. 

Hi VLC,

Here is a link to Netflix's ideas for fixing the error:

There are many ways to find out the DNS addresses your ISP is using either by running commands in your command prompt (Windows), terminal (nix systems) or by looking in your modem/router settings.

If your Virgin router/modem allows you may be able to set your own choice of DNS servers which may alleviate the problem.

Here is a link to some information on alternative DNS servers you could use:

link hidden, please login to view

2 hours ago, vlc said:

Thank but I've tried all of that at least three times already and none of it works. I set the DNA servers to 8.8.8.8 ,  8.8.4.4 and a few others but so far only the above procedure of connecting first via a mobile phone hotspot works.

Definitely a weird one, can you find out the DNS servers used by your mobile provider and plumb them in to your router/modem?

😐 did that (with huge confidence it would work)  but it didn't work. Will try it again though.

One thing I wonder is should I be making these changes on the hub or on the TV? I changed mostly the TV only. But maybe I should focus on the hub instead? And leave the TV on Auto?

2 minutes ago, vlc said:

😐 did that (with huge confidence it would work)  but it didn't work. Will try it again though.

One thing I wonder is should I be making these changes on the hub or on the TV? I changed mostly the TV only. But maybe I should focus on the hub instead? And leave the TV on Auto?

Leave the TV on auto, change the settings on the hub.  Might be best to do a full reset on the TV as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By kerry gerakiteys
      I have a 2014 LG Web os smart TV    ( 65UC970T ) and I don't have any access to apps.  There used to be a selection of apps and now there's none. How do I access them?
    • By Silkshirt
      LG TV  SJ800V.  (2018 UK model).  Was  06.00.20  then became  06.00.25 and made no difference to this issue:
      Search page on YouTube had a microphone symbol.  This enabled Voice Search.
      Just recently, (whilst being 06.00.20),  MICROPHONE VANISHED.  It can't be got back.  I know of two other SJ800V TVs  with the same issue.
      I know of another two similar LG TVs - but different model numbers - which have no problem.  
      LG says it's probably a YouTube issue. Tried uninstalling and re-installing YouTube but no good... 
      What can be done? This TV is only 4 years old and I and I really don't see why I should have to  go and buy a new one...
    • By Miroslav Tuhársky
      Hello, I have LG OLED CX and recently the Youtube app has incorrect geographic data- CH. I am from Slovakia, the TV has never been to Switzerland. Nor physically, nor virtually (VPN). I am getting CH ads, which I dont mind so much, but I am afraid of possible in app geo restrictions.
      I already tried everything, even resetting the TV to default.  No other TV app is affected.
      Anybody please advise.

• By Hissy
      I finally updated the software on my TV, and now I have to force a reset whenever I want to turn it on. (Unplug for 60 seconds.) The TV will not turn on without a reset, from either the remote or the power button. Once it's on it responds normally to the remote.  It doesn't matter how long the TV's been turned off - when I want to turn it back on, I have to reset it.
      Has anyone else had similar problems?
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s massive ultra-high-definition digital billboard overlooking New York City’s iconic Times Square became host to a three-phase visual spectacle that reflects the company’s efforts to engage with consumers directly around the seasons. LG’s first 3D content series designed for the billboard is a stunning visual display sure to make passersby smile. The new billboard content will run through the end of November.

Taking full advantage of the Times Square billboard’s unique curved design, LG harnesses the power of forced perspective to display imaginative multi-dimensional 3D content which share the company’s core messaging that together, Life’s Good. Launching with an inspiring back-to-school message for the American audience, the 3D illusion begins with an explosion of crayons and swirling images from scissors to school buses, dancing around the screen, eventually spelling out LIFE’S GOOD before being buried by a multitude of crayons as the animation continues its loop.

Over the past year LG has mobilized the Times Square billboard to engage, educate, and entertain consumers during the pandemic. From hosting the YouTube documentary “Life In A Day 2020” by Academy Award-winning director Kevin Macdonald to premiering the “Global Citizen VAX LIVE Extended Concert Sponsored by YouTube,” to encouraging climate action on ENERGY STAR® Day, LG has leveraged the space in Times Square to remind viewers that Life’s Good no matter how challenging our surroundings may be.

“We hope that visitors in Times Square are not only awed by the visual splendor of the 3D display, but also that they will be inspired to believe that no matter the season, Life’s Good together,” said Peggy Ang, senior vice president of marketing, LG Electronics USA. “At the same time, our new 3D content series exemplifies how LG is innovating when it comes to engaging with consumers.”

Contributed by LG USA
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By NikolaZ
      Hi. 
      My 55 UH7707 received an SW update to version  05.50.06.  Here are the issues I have encountered:
      1. The whole user interface became really slow. 
      2. Also, what is most annoying, application updates are not installed, for example, NETFLIX has been impossible to update, being stuck in vicious circle,asking me to update the app, and then not being able to complete the installation of the update. 
      3. Wired connection was disabled, ethernet module was not detecting a cable. I had to do a hard reset to enable the ethernet, and reacquire wired connection to the internet 
    • By Petar
      I have LG Nano Cell smart TV. My native language is not supported in the languages for subtitles in Netflix. What is the easiest way to use external subtitles while watching Netflix.
    • By fli na
      Netflix app just disappear on LG smart Tv.... [LG] WebOS TV LH590V
    • By Nashbarry
      After switching to a new modem, the "Netflix" button on the LGSmartTV remote will not connect to the app. (I cana get to Netflix via the cable box app, on same TV, or even Apple TV, but not the easy LG remote button.  NO FAQ suggestions seem to fix it.   What to do?