Quantcast

UI-113 error when trying to run Netflix app

vlc

Question

Three weeks now I can't view Netflix (UK). I have asked my broadband supplier  Virgin to reset DNS(they say they have done it but how does one check that), I've reinstalled the app a few times now, reset the hub, factory reset the TV, which is directly connected to the hub.  No change after all that.  Everything else works well.

What can I do now?

6 answers to this question

Well... figured out a workaround of sorts. If I use my mobile phone network connection as a hotspot to initiate the connection and start the movie I can then re-connect my normal broadband connection then  switch off the hotspot. The broadband connection to Netflix then continues to work. 

Hi VLC,

Here is a link to Netflix's ideas for fixing the error:

link hidden, please login to view

There are many ways to find out the DNS addresses your ISP is using either by running commands in your command prompt (Windows), terminal (nix systems) or by looking in your modem/router settings.

If your Virgin router/modem allows you may be able to set your own choice of DNS servers which may alleviate the problem.

Here is a link to some information on alternative DNS servers you could use:

Thank but I've tried all of that at least three times already and none of it works. I set the DNA servers to 8.8.8.8 ,  8.8.4.4 and a few others but so far only the above procedure of connecting first via a mobile phone hotspot works.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vlc said:

Thank but I've tried all of that at least three times already and none of it works. I set the DNA servers to 8.8.8.8 ,  8.8.4.4 and a few others but so far only the above procedure of connecting first via a mobile phone hotspot works.

Definitely a weird one, can you find out the DNS servers used by your mobile provider and plumb them in to your router/modem?

😐 did that (with huge confidence it would work)  but it didn't work. Will try it again though.

One thing I wonder is should I be making these changes on the hub or on the TV? I changed mostly the TV only. But maybe I should focus on the hub instead? And leave the TV on Auto?

2 minutes ago, vlc said:

😐 did that (with huge confidence it would work)  but it didn't work. Will try it again though.

One thing I wonder is should I be making these changes on the hub or on the TV? I changed mostly the TV only. But maybe I should focus on the hub instead? And leave the TV on Auto?

Leave the TV on auto, change the settings on the hub.  Might be best to do a full reset on the TV as well.