Quantcast

HP Hired Goldman Sachs to protect against Oracle

Alex

So HP has been angering investors and now had to hire Goldman Sachs to fend off any unwanted buyout attempts, especially from Oracle. But supposedly, Oracle can;t make any attempts until next year as part of a dela when they got Mark Hurd, former CEO of HP. Stock prices have dropped, and it's making a buyout appealing to some tech firms.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      One of the hot spots for hipsters in Seoul, is a perfect destination for zoomers and Instagrammers craving fresh, new experiences. A busy industrial area in years gone by, the district is now a vibrant hub of creative energy and unexpected charm; its abandoned warehouses and factories reborn as Instagram-worthy cafes and shops. Right now, one of the area’s main attractions is the Goldstar Arcade, a pop-up retro gaming parlor opened by LG Electronics (LG) inside a suitably cutting-edge fashion concept store.

Open from October 21 to December 19 this year, LG’s Goldstar Arcade features “Newtro,” the innovative combining of retro and modern sensibilities to deliver a variety of all-new experiences. Visitors can explore several different zones, including the OLED Gaming Zone and Lifestyle Experience Zone. And once they’re done gaming, they can relax in the arcade’s chic café, which sells delectable treats and exclusive merchandise.

Reminiscent of an old-school game arcade, the OLED Gaming Zone is where visitors can play nostalgic arcade classics and newer console titles on LG’s stellar OLED TVs. With their powerful gaming performance and immaculate picture quality, the company’s next-gen TVs have what it takes to instantly turn any gamer into a fan.

Additionally, the arcade boasts the Self-Lit Tunnel, which represents the self-illuminating pixels that give LG OLED TV its vibrant colors, deep blacks and superb contrast. Visitors pass through the tunnel to get to the OLED Gaming Zone, where they can unwind by gaming on one of the 10 state-of-the-art LG OLED TVs installed there. Anyone who loves racing games should definitely pull in to LG’s “victory lane,” where three 48-inch LG OLED TVs are seamlessly connected to give players a very real sense of being in the cockpit of a ridiculously fast race car.

Inspired by 1970’s American diners, the café adds to the unique vibe of the Goldstar Arcade. As well as being a great place to recoup before the next race, match or battle, the café is also where visitors can head to buy exclusive merchandise, including canvas tote bags, tea mugs and tumblers, all emblazoned with the logo of LG’s precursor, Goldstar.
      With engaging, interactive experiences like those on offer at the Goldstar Arcade, LG will continue to connect with younger consumers while highlighting the unmatched performance and capabilities of its industry-leading OLED TVs.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By SS1003602
      I have recently shifted from UAE to India. I have 55" LG 3D smart TV model no. 55UB8301. My problem is 1. I can not change country from UAE to India in settings -Country option because India is not available in the list.
      2. I can not download any app which are normally available in Indian smart TVs like Hotstar/Sonyliv/Amazon prime etc.
      3. In screen mirroring option using my Android phone, I can play any video stream from mobile to smart TV BUT only Amazon prime videos are not played. 
      Can anyone help me for above issues...?
    • By majtemp
      Hello,
      After updating my LG TV to the latest firmware I saw a new option:
       It is "Bluetooth Speaker Volume":

Before this update, I used to connect to my Bluetooth headphones quicker because the option "Connect" was the FIRST OPTION.
      Now It is the second option and I have to press down every time to highlight "Connect".

Why replacing "Connect" with this disabled option "Bluetooth Speaker Volume" ?!

This is annoying because my TV fails to detect my headphones automatically so I have to go to this menu every day and select "Connect" manually. ☹️
      Making "Bluetooth Speaker Volume" the first option just made this process more annoying because now I have to press more buttons.

My simple request is:
      Make "Connect" the first option.

Thanks.

• By News Reporter
      All 2021 LG Laptops Compatible with New OS Requirements

SEOUL, Oct. 6, 2021 — Starting this month, all LG gram laptops will ship with Windows 11, Microsoft’s newest operating system and most significant upgrade in six years. Earlier compatible LG gram models can be upgraded by visiting Microsoft’s .
      With a new visual language, Windows 11 offers new features such as improved virtual desktop support, the ability to access widgets directly from the Taskbar, Xbox features to improve the PC gaming experience and easier multitasking with Snap Layouts and Snap Groups. And the new Chromium-based Edge integrated into Windows 11 offers improved performance, speed and efficiency-boosting features for a more satisfying browsing experience.
      Microsoft’s new OS enhances the unrivaled user experience already provided by LG gram which are incredibly lightweight with impressively large screen to body ratios compared to competing models. The Intel Evo platform-verified 2021 gram laptops feature productivity enhancing 16:10 aspect ratio displays, Intel 11th generation CPUs and excellent battery life.
      “By shipping LG gram laptops with Windows 11 immediately after the OS launch is an example of our commitment to give LG gram customers the latest that our partners have to offer,” said Jang Ik-hwan, senior vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “While it’s still possible for most laptop owners to install Microsoft’s latest OS on their own, the out of the box experience is still important to many of our customers who want to get working right away.”
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      On the occasion of the local debut of LG’s new LG QNED Mini LED TV series, LG’s team in Hong Kong was determined to create an experience that was memorable and elegant without exposing the audience to unnecessary risk.
      The result, LG Experience Museum, merged LG’s diverse lifestyle products with works of art. As the star of the show, LG QNED Mini LED TV offered a stunning and immersive viewing experience with deeper blacks and more accurate colors, inviting visitors to a unique and dynamic experience.

But LG Experience Museum had even more to offer.
      After pre-registering online, visitors were treated to a special tour of LG Experience Museum and its three unique experience zones – Vintage Zone, Artistic Zone and Black Addict Zone – each offering an exploratory journey into the history of LG’s many innovations.

Adorned with a geometric-patterned backdrop and trimmings reminiscent of the ‘60s and ‘70s, Vintage Zone offered a look back in time to witness the evolution of LG TVs. In this space, the LG Serie 1 Retro Classic TV with its primitive cathode ray tube (CRT) technology set the mood.

The theme of Artistic Zone alluded to the minimalistic and timeless design of LG’s products, with LG PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier and LG TONE Free TWS earbuds posing with historical sculptures. Here, visitors could get up close to both the 4K and 8K versions of LG QNED Mini LED TVs, with their bright, vivid colors on flawless display.

And in stark contrast to Artistic Zone, Black Addict Zone communicated a darker, more luxurious look and feel. Here, LG OLED TV and LG UltraFine Display OLED PRO took center stage against the black backdrop, illuminating the space with their self-lit displays.

In this zone, visitors could experience together for the first time LG’s “The Black Range” of appliances consisting of LG InstaView Door-In-Door® refrigerator, LG Vivace washing machine, LG Styler and LG CordZero wireless vacuum cleaner, representing state-of-the-art designs in classy, chic black.

Throughout the exhibition, guests were given the opportunity to engage with their social media circles to win concert tickets. All fun and informative time for all, LG Experience Museum not only introduced LG’s newest product innovations in style but also demonstrated how they were making Hong Kong lives better.
      Contributed by LG Hong Kong

# # #

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Alex
      For those of you that are webos users from the early palm days to the HP acquisition will remember this guy, who got ousted and then replaced by Leo Apotheker, which caused the spiral down of webOS with HP. Leo canned the Touchpad and "fire saled" it out. Many speculate if Mark Hurd was the CEO, things would have been different with HP and webOS.

Larry Ellison is stepping down:

• By Alex
      Its interesting to see the change in ownership of webOS along with the logo changes:

Palm webOS

HP webOS

LG webOS

Also Open webOS (opensource)

Source:

• By Alex
      Hewlett-Packard (HP) reportedly will launch a US$99 tablet and will cooperate with Wal-Mart to sell the device in the US retail channel, targeting back-to-school demand, according to sources from the upstream supply chain.

The US$99 tablet is manufactured by China-based BYD and is the second tablet that HP has outsourced to the China-based maker. The device adopts a 7-inch touch panel and Intel's Medfield-based single-core processor.

In early 2013, Acer released its 7-inch Iconia B1, priced at US$150, which was the cheapest 7-inch tablet at that time, and in mid-2013, Asustek Computer announced at Computex 2013 the MeMO Pad HD 7, using a solution from MediaTek with a price of US$129, dropping tablet pricing to a new level.

Some market watchers already forecast that a sub-US$100 tablet would appear in the third quarter at the soonest, and if HP decides to release the tablet, it could trigger other vendors to follow suit, the sources said.

This is the second time HP offered its tablet at US$99. In 2011, HP slashed its TouchPad's price from US$499 originally to US$99 to quickly clear out inventory due to weak demand. As a result, HP suffered great losses which impacted the device's manufacturer Inventec.
      After 18 months, HP has returned to the tablet market, but has chosen to cooperate with China-based BYD for its tablet devices. Although HP had many issues such as shipment quality, the US brand vendor continues to outsource its new products to the China-based maker, indicating that Taiwan makers are losing their advantages and seeing their influence in the IT market weakening as the IT market gradually becomes price-oriented.

However, some market watchers believe that HP's US$99 tablet may not be able to gain advantages in the market as the tablet will be selling mainly through specific retail channels, limiting its overall sales volume, while the tablet's Intel single-core processor specification, compared to other vendors' quad-core ARM-based processors, may pose difficulties to attract consumers.

Source Link:
    • By Alex
      I called HP small business shopping to check the order of my Touchpad and cancelled pre 2 phone, they told me that they have 15 or 16 of teh HP veers in stock, you have to call their toll free number.