Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Hi there. I am a security expert. I am finding a lot of vulnerabilities on all LG tv products and I am contacting them to solve the issues.

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

Unless I am missing what you are asking, the best protection for your LG TV from the many forms of internet attacks is done through your home network with a cyber security software. The majority of decent routers provide protection through the router firewall and embedded apps. For instance Asus routers have an excellent app, Micro Trend's AiProtection, which is active throughout your home network and working before an attack of any sort can reach your TV.

Capture.thumb.GIF.b9fa29728bbcbbbc8ba5aeb2e2afe131.GIF

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By cb4332
      Hi guys, I have an older received (Arcam AVR300) that only support optical input, so I was able to add it manually via Connected Devices, and can control the volume and mute, however I can't turn it off quickly (can only do it via the "..." button and selected sound bar and then power). This work, but is it possible to map this to lets say the top box on/off button or even some other button? Maybe even some cable I would but to make this work. The old remove is dead so I need a way out and the receiver is old and I don't want to keep it on always. Thanks
    • By mkjn72
      I have successfully integrated my new  tv in my smarthome implementation, and can send events like button presses etc. Also I can see launch of applications and status ON in logfiles. But the level of detailing of events seems rather limited. I would like to proceed and trigger rule based automations like dim lights when play starts (netflix, amazon etc). In my previous setup (using an external chromecast) this was working fine, but unfortunately this TV does not seem to notify these kinds of statuses 😞
      Request: pls expand functionality so that webos/TV will broadcast its status in (much) more detail. is this possible, and if yes how?  
    • By News Reporter
      In One of Three Lawsuits, German Court Rules in favor of LG, Finds LG’s standard
      essential patent infringed

SEOUL, Mar. 9, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) has won a patent infringement lawsuit against TCL Communication Technology Limited and two European affiliated entities (TCL).
      Last week the Mannheim Regional Court in Germany ruled in favor of LG in a lawsuit the company filed against TCL in November 2019. The ruling found that TCL had infringed on claims in LG’s standard essential patent EP 2 627 146 B1 in Germany covering specific LTE technology. Following the court’s judgment, LG is taking immediate steps to stop TCL from the unlawful use of LG’s technology without license. TCL can appeal the judgment and a nullity action against the patent by TCL is pending at the German Federal Patent Court.
      Of the two remaining lawsuits filed by LG against TCL, one took place on March 2 while the third lawsuit will be heard in May.
      “Our patented technologies are the fruit of continuous research and development and are central to our ongoing competitiveness in the industry and what motivates our employees to think creatively,” said Cho Hwi-jae, vice president and head of LG’s Intellectual Property Center. “We believe it is our responsibility to vigorously protect our intellectual property against any and all unauthorized uses.”
      LG is a global technological leader in the mobile communications field and possesses one of the largest portfolios of standard essential patents in the field. According to TechIPm, a professional intellectual property research and consulting firm, LG ranked first globally for five consecutive years (2012 to 2016) in the 4G (LTE/LTE-A) standard essential patent category. And Germany-based market intelligence company IPlytics recently ranked LG third globally in 5G standard essential patent category with over 3,700 patent families.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By NickL
      Hi,
      I recently bought an LG UK6500PLA TV (my first LG), but I have a difficult time streaming content (Wifi connected), e.g. Netflix series is streaming in low resolution.  The router is only 10 feet away from TV (but ethernet is not an option) and uses a 5GH frequency range.
      I have tried making a speed test at fast.com, for both the TV (through the Webbrowser) and for my laptop and iPhone. The speed test for TV showed 2.5 Mbps and my laptop and iPhone showed 110 Mbps. Can there really be such a big difference? I am starting to wonder if this might be a warranty issue?
      Do any of you guys have experience with bad Wifi reception on your LG TV or have any suggestions on how to fix it? 

Br,
      Nick
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Puggan Sundragon
      I wish for my tv to use secure/encrypted https request, and not to use hijacable unencrypted http request.
      see screenshoot on my tv used on an insecure network, that used man-in-the-middle to hijack tje image requests.

• By Alex
      LG webOS 3.5 Is First Smart TV Platform To Attain Cybersecurity Assurance Program Certification
      ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Feb. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics' webOS 3.5 Security Manager is the first smart TV platform certified for its effective cybersecurity capabilities by UL, one of the world's foremost experts in safety, security and sustainability.
      View photos The webOS 3.5 Security Manager was tested for malware susceptibility and vulnerabilities, software weaknesses and security controls that help protect users' private information using UL's 2900-1 Cybersecurity Assurance Program (CAP). UL assessed the effectiveness of each webOS 3.5 security layer by subjecting the software to a variety of virtual network penetrations and vulnerability attacks – covered under CWE/SANS Top 25 vulnerabilities – on its applications and system configuration center.
      "Our webOS platform was developed with security in mind, and receiving this certification from UL, a trusted name in testing and certification, further validates those efforts," said Tim Alessi, head of product marketing at LG Electronics USA. "As more and more consumers embrace smart TVs and their capabilities to connect to other devices, information security is becoming increasingly important. LG's webOS is already considered one of the industry's most intuitive smart TV platforms, and with this new certification, it will continue to set the benchmark for others to follow."
      LG webOS 3.5's UL CAP certification provides the foundation for home IoT networks composed of multiple connected home appliances. In fact, leveraging its expertise in the smart TV category, LG intends to expand this level of capability to its broad ecosystem of smart home, smart home security and home automation products.
      UL's 2900-1 tests measure application security, information access control via authentication processes, engineer mode hacking protection and software falsification protection. In addition to being the industry's first smart TV platform to receive UL 2900-1 certification, LG webOS 3.5 has also been certified for its effective Digital Rights Management capabilities within smart TV applications.
      For more information on LG webOS 3.5, visit . Additional information on UL 2900-1 standards can be found at .
      About LG Electronics USA
      LG Electronics USA Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $48 billion global force and technology leader in home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications. LG Electronics, a proud ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. .

link hidden, please login to view  
    • By s_mcleod
      Howdy,

Bought myself an LG  (in Australia) and love it.
      It's the first 'smart' TV I've seen where the OS doesn't make me want to make it un-smart, Android on TVs is just awful in my experience.

Is running LG Software version 3.17.20 at present and Web OS 3.1.2-1217 (dreadlocks-denali).

I'm really keen to find out if I can install 3rd party apps such as a replacement web browser for the very limited one that came installed with the TV etc....

Things I'd like to do / find out if I can do:
      Upgrade the inbuilt hard drive to a larger SSD. Install a better web browser (one that's updated, security patched, allows downloads etc...). See if I can enable any more advanced settings. Customise the interface layout. Train the smart remote to the IR codes for my QUAD Vena integrated amp.I contacted LG via twitter and they weren't at all helpful, essentially blew me off to talk over the phone then changed that to logging something with the Australian only website, they didn't even respond when I said that the QUAD was a UK brand and widely used all over the world, they made it pretty clear they didn't care. Twitter convo started here:  link hidden, please login to view Moved to a DM convo LG support blowing me off.pdf Contribute back any learning / information I find out to help others. Mirror my iPhone directly to the TV, I'm hoping there's an Airplay receiver app out there somewhere. Add Getflix, or a quick way to switch between DNS servers to the UI.  
      And probably a lot more.