pabloh

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

2 answers to this question

Unless I am missing what you are asking, the best protection for your LG TV from the many forms of internet attacks is done through your home network with a cyber security software. The majority of decent routers provide protection through the router firewall and embedded apps. For instance Asus routers have an excellent app, Micro Trend's AiProtection, which is active throughout your home network and working before an attack of any sort can reach your TV.

Capture.thumb.GIF.b9fa29728bbcbbbc8ba5aeb2e2afe131.GIF

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bob McLean
      How do I  pause live tv on lg oled tv,I have an external hdd but there isn't any button on the remote control to pause or rewind?
    • By Josef
      I am recording videos to 
      link hidden, please login to view NAS. During the recording I like to watch the video (still recording).  The Photo and Video App on webOS does not show the file unless the recording has terminated. Is there a possibility to watch videos in webOS while it get recorded? Joseph

• By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By monish009
      We have signage projects, all over GCC. 
      We are facing issue with Webos tv especially on model 49sm5ke-bj. It is losing connectivity overnight, the displays are left switched on at stores. But on the next day it wouldn't be connected to the Internet and hence the contents are getting corrupted. Always we need to restart the display again or exit and start the app again. 
    • By News Reporter
      It’s no longer news to say that innovations and advances in technology can have a profound change on lifestyles. While smart homes and smart products have clearly been embraced by mainstream consumers, what hasn’t been clear is what benefits users are actually getting in return for their investments. With this in mind, LG dug deeper into how homes of the new age are transforming everyday lives. By gathering the opinions of 857 U.S. smart homeowners, the reveals just how smart homes can be a win for everyone.

No Need For An Advanced Degree
      Contrary to what many might think, less tech-savvy users are actually more satisfied with their smart homes with twice as many users between the ages of 50 and 54 (60 percent) responding that they were “very satisfied” compared to participants in the 25-29 age group. Satisfaction was higher for older homeowners as they spend more time at home with their families compared to other age groups, affording them more time to fully enjoy the benefits of their smart homes. The fact that smart homes provide adaptable, easy-to-use solutions was an added plus. Smart homes can be enjoyed by everyone regardless of tech fluency or age and they can play an important role in narrowing the digital divide.

Flexible Homes Adapt To Unique Lifestyles
      While smart homes are designed to be universally beneficial, those benefits have the advantage of being unique to every individual. The survey revealed how smart spaces are providing flexible solutions that adapt to distinctive lifestyles based on users’ key values, interests and hobbies. For example, when it comes to leisure time, survey respondents with a passion for gardening named the remote control/voice command function of their smart TVs, refrigerators and washing machines among their top three most utilized features as they allow users to communicate with their products even when they’re busy in the garden.

Paving A Smart Way For Sustainable Living
      Today’s smart homes are setting a new benchmark for environmentally-friendly living. Among the long list of smart home benefits, saving energy was mentioned most frequently by respondents. Through energy optimization features found in the latest connected products, smart homes help users achieve a more sustainable way of life while protecting consumers from hefty energy bills.

The LG ThinQ Smart Home Report presents an interesting look at how consumers’ lifestyles may change in the years ahead, a blueprint for those interested in incorporating smart technologies in their everyday lives. Click for the full report.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Puggan Sundragon
      I wish for my tv to use secure/encrypted https request, and not to use hijacable unencrypted http request.
      see screenshoot on my tv used on an insecure network, that used man-in-the-middle to hijack tje image requests.

• By Alex
      LG webOS 3.5 Is First Smart TV Platform To Attain Cybersecurity Assurance Program Certification
      ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Feb. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics' webOS 3.5 Security Manager is the first smart TV platform certified for its effective cybersecurity capabilities by UL, one of the world's foremost experts in safety, security and sustainability.
      View photos The webOS 3.5 Security Manager was tested for malware susceptibility and vulnerabilities, software weaknesses and security controls that help protect users' private information using UL's 2900-1 Cybersecurity Assurance Program (CAP). UL assessed the effectiveness of each webOS 3.5 security layer by subjecting the software to a variety of virtual network penetrations and vulnerability attacks – covered under CWE/SANS Top 25 vulnerabilities – on its applications and system configuration center.
      "Our webOS platform was developed with security in mind, and receiving this certification from UL, a trusted name in testing and certification, further validates those efforts," said Tim Alessi, head of product marketing at LG Electronics USA. "As more and more consumers embrace smart TVs and their capabilities to connect to other devices, information security is becoming increasingly important. LG's webOS is already considered one of the industry's most intuitive smart TV platforms, and with this new certification, it will continue to set the benchmark for others to follow."
      LG webOS 3.5's UL CAP certification provides the foundation for home IoT networks composed of multiple connected home appliances. In fact, leveraging its expertise in the smart TV category, LG intends to expand this level of capability to its broad ecosystem of smart home, smart home security and home automation products.
      UL's 2900-1 tests measure application security, information access control via authentication processes, engineer mode hacking protection and software falsification protection. In addition to being the industry's first smart TV platform to receive UL 2900-1 certification, LG webOS 3.5 has also been certified for its effective Digital Rights Management capabilities within smart TV applications.
      For more information on LG webOS 3.5, visit . Additional information on UL 2900-1 standards can be found at .
      About LG Electronics USA
      LG Electronics USA Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $48 billion global force and technology leader in home appliances, consumer electronics and mobile communications. LG Electronics, a proud ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. .

link hidden, please login to view  
    • By s_mcleod
      Howdy,

Bought myself an LG  (in Australia) and love it.
      It's the first 'smart' TV I've seen where the OS doesn't make me want to make it un-smart, Android on TVs is just awful in my experience.

Is running LG Software version 3.17.20 at present and Web OS 3.1.2-1217 (dreadlocks-denali).

I'm really keen to find out if I can install 3rd party apps such as a replacement web browser for the very limited one that came installed with the TV etc....

Things I'd like to do / find out if I can do:
      Upgrade the inbuilt hard drive to a larger SSD. Install a better web browser (one that's updated, security patched, allows downloads etc...). See if I can enable any more advanced settings. Customise the interface layout. Train the smart remote to the IR codes for my QUAD Vena integrated amp.I contacted LG via twitter and they weren't at all helpful, essentially blew me off to talk over the phone then changed that to logging something with the Australian only website, they didn't even respond when I said that the QUAD was a UK brand and widely used all over the world, they made it pretty clear they didn't care. Twitter convo started here:  link hidden, please login to view Moved to a DM convo LG support blowing me off.pdf Contribute back any learning / information I find out to help others. Mirror my iPhone directly to the TV, I'm hoping there's an Airplay receiver app out there somewhere. Add Getflix, or a quick way to switch between DNS servers to the UI.  
      And probably a lot more.