WebOS security against hackers

pabloh

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Unless I am missing what you are asking, the best protection for your LG TV from the many forms of internet attacks is done through your home network with a cyber security software. The majority of decent routers provide protection through the router firewall and embedded apps. For instance Asus routers have an excellent app, Micro Trend's AiProtection, which is active throughout your home network and working before an attack of any sort can reach your TV.

Capture.thumb.GIF.b9fa29728bbcbbbc8ba5aeb2e2afe131.GIF

Many existing antiviruses are something like viruses. That is, such software is difficult to remove. AVs are embedded in all areas of the OS, take roots, and leave traces. You should carefully install these or give these programs a lot of access to your personal or work data. One day, as an employee of the company I work for, I made a big mistake. And I couldn't fix it! I thought I was going to get fired. But this was resolved when I turned to IT experts from

link hidden, please login to view
. I consulted with them about my problem and asked them to fix it remotely. They did it in 20 minutes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By GiotisCy
      Hello, 
      I have recently purchased an LG C2 Oled TV which I connected with my Samsung HW-Q800B 5.1 soundbar via eArc HDMI. When I select "Passthrough" as a Digital Sound Output on LG TV sound advanced settings, there is an obvious sound response delay around 3 seconds when I pause and unpause the movie on Netflix or Prime video streaming apps on LG TV. For example, when I start the movie, the video starts and sound starts 2-3 secs later. When I pause the movie, the sound continues for 2-3 secs after the video has been stopped. There is no any lip sync issue, just this response delay of the sound from the soundbar. This happens only on LG TV Apps. If I connect to an external HDMI device such as AMAZON Fire Stick 4K, there is no such sound delay issue neither on Netflix neither on Prime Video. 
      Thus, the problem seems to be on LG TV apps.
      If I change the Digital Sound Output to "Auto" instead of "Passthrough" the issue is gone but sound quality is not as good as with Passthrough selected. So I do not want this to be my option.
      I would appreciate if someone could come with a solution on this. 

• By LG Nano LED
      18/01/2023
      Dear Sir or Madam
      I have a LG Nano LED tv, in that I am trying to download VOOTKIDS. But is not showing in the LG webos
      This was checked many times. 
      Kindly suggest me to how to download this app in my TV,

Thank you

Vignesh 
    • By dankcoder
      I setup developer mode in my LG C8 to install Jellyfin(plex alternative), which was working well. However one of my siblings reset the TV while developer mode was on and now tv wouldn't connect to internet(neither wired nor wifi). Need help

• By Bill LaRoche
      My LG (75" UK6190) internet connection, connects and disconnects all the time. Using either wired or Wi-Fi. Usually I will have to turn off the tv and turn it back on to reconnect to the internet. I have the issues constantly with You-Tube. the TV worked fine for 2-3 years then went south. My fiber optic internet has been checked out. No problems with it. And runs about 500 up and down. My Nighthawk AX5400 router has no problems. I have taken the router out of the loop and wired it directly to the internet and the problem doesn't change. My Android OS tv's work fine with no issues. I'm thinking a LG update issue possibly? Since it worked fine for a long time and all of a sudden didn't. I don't want to replace the TV. But after a year or so of this issue I'm getting there. Anyone else had this problem? Any idea's? 
      Thanks, Bill L
    • By ahreeves
      I'm using the OLED77C8PUA TV.
      The speed on the internet coming into the residence should display on the TV's webpage when the speedtest.com or fast.com or Ookla.com is entered into the LG browser from the TV's homepage.
      I get 400+ Mbps from Spectrum. I watch on a OLED 77C8PUA. I have Apple TV, TIVO BoltVox-Spectrum Card, and direct ethernet from my Netgear switcher that gives the whole house 400+ Mbps anywhere, even WIFI.
      On the OLED, I see 9-32 Mbps ethernet wired, 25-52 Mbps wifi. Wifi in reality should be lower. I still get buffering and that brought me to use my extended warranty to have a tech come out to check the set.
      This tech tried changing the MOBO only to find out that is was a dead board. Although, he did change out the WIFI card. When reinstalled the same speeds were recorded from the LG homepage browser. 
      I would like a justification from an INTELLIGENT LG tech to tell us "what's up".
      Answers or similar situations and the results, Please.

• Similar Tagged Content