Quantcast

Former HP exec Mark Hurd promoted to Oracle Co-CEO

Alex

For those of you that are webos users from the early palm days to the HP acquisition will remember this guy, who got ousted and then replaced by Leo Apotheker, which caused the spiral down of webOS with HP. Leo canned the Touchpad and "fire saled" it out. Many speculate if Mark Hurd was the CEO, things would have been different with HP and webOS.

Larry Ellison is stepping down:

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mr.porter
      Hello 
      Question about new LG WebOS tv's, anyone noticed when pausing live TV ( live playback) on Webos 5.3 ( GX ) that recording is reset when changing channels. 
      Meaning if you have paused tv and then changed the channel the playback recording is lost / reset to 0 minutes.
      I've have two LG tv's before the GX that didn't do this current this have one.
    • By Hblone
      Hallo, I bought a 55un74006LB smart tv in Italy. It seems not to have usb recording capabilities, according to the information on the italian website, but the UK site declare it has. I think it's the same product with the same functions, so how can I turn the live tv and usb recording on? I think I found the options in the service menu but I cannot change the values. Any suggestion?
    • By Sam Athans
      Hi,
      I have just upgraded from an LG 06LF6300 TV to an LG OLED65C1PTB. On my old TV I could pause live TV for up to 90 minutes and replay at a later stage. 
      Can anyone advise if this feature is available on the LG OLED65C1PTB.
      Thanks 
      Sam
    • By Mathew
      Am using LG OLED TV 55BX UAE version in India but can't install Disney Hotstar App in my TV and India is not mentioned in Broadcast and Location option which is not at all fair. Please sort this out...  I am a LG electronics user ( Air conditioner, Refrigerator, Washing machine ETC ) and recommending others also this Brand but this kind of issues are leading to discourage ..
    • By xkurosaki20x
      When trying to cast live videos from smartphone to LG CX Facebook Watch app, the video is stuck on loading; only the live comments are shown.
      Same issue when trying to play the live video directly from the LG CX Facebook Watch app.
      No issues with non-live videos.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Alex
      So HP has been angering investors and now had to hire Goldman Sachs to fend off any unwanted buyout attempts, especially from Oracle. But supposedly, Oracle can;t make any attempts until next year as part of a dela when they got Mark Hurd, former CEO of HP. Stock prices have dropped, and it's making a buyout appealing to some tech firms.