Quantcast

Dual active audio outputs on LG TV?

Paul Meyer

Question

I have a hearing loss and would like to listen to the TV through my Bluetooth headset while at the same time others in the room listen normally via sound bar.   We have a Samsung 2.1 sound bar/sub that is controlled through the LG TV via HDMI.   I also have a BT transmitter that has an optical audio-in that is paired with my BT headset, but the TV only lets me use one output method at a time.  I would like to find a way to use both HDMI-out and optical audio-out at the same time.   If the sound bar had an audio-out port on it, I would use that - but it does not.   The TV model is an LG 55lb7200.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Photo Credit:  on
      One of the topics today’s consumers are most interested in is how we can be kinder to our planet while still living our daily lives. This expectation also carries over to companies and organizations as ultimately we are all in this together. As part of LG’s Life’s Good Campaign, LG is collaborating with British influencer Immy Lucas, creator of the YouTube channel and environmental movement, , to create a video showcasing a more sustainable way of living.

As an environmental influencer and creator, Immy creates content around sustainability, eating seasonally and zero waste living. She wanted to marry the two ideas by choosing locally grown food that’s in season, rather than “vegan” foods that had been shipped around the world. She tries to share accessible and easy ways to live sustainably.

An extension of the , the jointly produced Life’s Good: Environment video highlights how small changes can make a big difference in the environment. The four-minute video weaves together footage from the with compelling new content that encourages everyone to play their part in protecting this planet.

This new video consists of four chapters: Life’s Connected, Life’s Delicious, Life’s Regenerative and Life’s Good When We Learn and Teach Others. The message is for people to come together as a global community and take small steps to adopt a lower impact lifestyle for a more sustainable future, at the same time emphasizing the importance of protecting the world’s ecosystems.

“If we want future generations to inherit a healthy planet, one that’s capable of sustaining and nurturing them, it is essential that all of us make some changes in our lives today,” said Immy. “Through small adjustments in how we live, we can help ensure life’s good for our children, and for their children too.”

Starting today, the trailer for Life’s Good: Environment will be viewable on LG’s digital billboards in New York City’s Times Square and London’s Piccadilly Circus. The entire video is also available on LG’s global channel and  account where additional information on LG’s 2021 Life’s Good campaign can also be found.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Rob Infantino
      We have two LG OLED TVs. WebOS appears differently on each. And we are able to download the Paramount+ app on one TV, but not on the other.
      OLED65C7P (older) running software version 6.00.25
      WebOS TV Version 3.9.0-62709
      Does not allow the Paramount+ app to be installed
      OLED65C9PUA (newer) running software version 5.10.25
      WebOS TV Version 4.9.3-5340808
      Allows the Paramount+ app to be installed
      How can we get WebOS to appear the same on both TVs?

• By majtemp
      Hello,
      After updating my LG TV to the latest firmware I saw a new option:
       It is "Bluetooth Speaker Volume":

Before this update, I used to connect to my Bluetooth headphones quicker because the option "Connect" was the FIRST OPTION.
      Now It is the second option and I have to press down every time to highlight "Connect".

Why replacing "Connect" with this disabled option "Bluetooth Speaker Volume" ?!

This is annoying because my TV fails to detect my headphones automatically so I have to go to this menu every day and select "Connect" manually. ☹️
      Making "Bluetooth Speaker Volume" the first option just made this process more annoying because now I have to press more buttons.

My simple request is:
      Make "Connect" the first option.

Thanks.

• By Ronald
      Hi 
      I just updated to firmware version 06.00.20 on my LG oled C7V and now my sound drops out occasionally.  It's with Netflix which is on the TV and via external receiver. I have a soundbar, so I think it's creating an ARC issue.
      Somebody else having these issues?
      Greetings Ronald

• By News Reporter
      As an organization engaged fully in making a positive impact on society, LG understands its responsibility as a corporate citizen. To make its products and services more accessible to all individuals, LG established an advisory group comprised of experts and persons with disabilities to make LG home appliances accessible to a more diverse audience.

As a key component of its social contribution framework, LG is investing heavily in future generations with programs specifically designed to assist and support tomorrow’s leaders by strengthening their skills and capabilities in the real world. Since 2011, LG has hosted the program to provide youth with disabilities useful IT skills for today’s workforce.

The first GITC to be held entirely online, this year’s new format was designed to enable as many participants as possible from all over the world to participate using whatever connected device they had access to: laptop, PC, smartphone or tablet. In June, nearly 500 participants from 14 countries came together online to participate in the preliminary round, with almost 80 percent returning for the finals in October.

Programming a remote model car to navigate a track for the eCreative challenge
      Attendees competed across four challenges designed to test their computer skills: advanced text and image search (eLifeMap), Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel (eTool), creating and editing videos (eContent) and coding/ programming (eCreative).
      GITC participants at Mongolian University of Science and Technology
      What’s more,  to address the digital information gap in the fourth industrial revolution, LG will host the virtual Innovation & Inclusion Forum in November. Participants will include representatives from and the international NGO who will come together to discuss issues and challenges faced by persons with disabilities in low and middle-income countries in accessing economic opportunities.
      Students from Indonesia participating in the eTool challenge
      By helping youth with disabilities unlock their full potential and develop new skills for today’s workforce, LG is hopeful that GITC participants will feel that they’re a little closer to achieving their life’s dreams
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By PastaMark
      Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought an LG OLED65BX6LB and have connected a Sonos beam using the HMDI arc port.  When I try to play the sound through an alternative output eg Bluetooth or the internal speakers it does so for a couple of seconds and then it switches back to HDMI-ARC
      How do we stop the HDMI ARC grabbing control?
    • By Plimpton
      Hey y'all,

I've been having a hell of a time getting sound to come out of my edifier R1280T bookshelf speakers. For reference, they are connected via component cable (RCA to RCA I believe?) and I had no problem changing sound output on my last TV to come out of them. So I looked up a few videos and they suggest going to "Device Connector" and setting up the appropriate device (soundbar, home theatre, external speakers, etc.)/ The problem is, when I go under "external speakers/headphones" the only option I'm given is bluetooth! I see a component (or AV) option when I choose "Home Theatre" but when I continue to the next step for audio, my only options are HDMI or Optical . 

Is there a way I can connect these speakers with this TV or am I out of luck?
      Attached a picture of the screen that is giving me such trouble.  

• By xajin
      Hi all,
      When connected via optical toslink cable, I am only hearing a constant popping noise, and also a high pitch whine. When connected via bluetooth or just using the internal speakers, everything works well. Has anyone had a simular issue or a suggested fix? I've tried both optical 1 and 2 ports in the back of the speaker.

Cable: Digital Optical Audio Cable Toslink Cable - [24K Gold-Plated, Ultra-Durable] Syncwire Fiber Optic Male to Male Cord for Home Theater, Sound Bar, TV, PS4, Xbox, Playstation & Mor
      Speakers: Kanto YU6
      TV: LG OLED 65 C8
    • By Mano
      Hi,
      I am having 42LF6500 TV, 
      When i use input as USB and the video is having dual audio stream, Please anybody can suggest how to change the audio stream according to convenience?

Regard,
      Manoranjan