I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated.
In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD:
Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.
By John Bizeray
I recently updated the firmware on my LG43UH610V. Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
After 05.60.15 update on 55UH650V. The miniguide pops up. But my biggest problem is that . I am using Sonos Playbase for TV Audio. After maybe ½ an hour or a couple of hours audio suddenly gets muted. To solve this i need powercycle the TV. LG please fix this asap.
By Vasilis Poulos
I would like your help in a problem I am facing with my LG Smart TV, model 32LB650V.
I entered the Service Menu (Instart & Adjust) and I was looking for a setting so I could unlock the bluetooth of the TV so I could use third party bluetooth headsets. Of course I did not find anything about it and out of stupidity I must have changed some other setting and since then none of the HDMI ports working!!! Unfortunately I did not take a picture before I "tweaked" the settings and so now I do not know how to make the HDMI ports work again. While it detects all 3 ports for me normally, when I connect something to them they do not detect any signal.
I went back to the above menus to see if I could find which setting I had changed, but unfortunately I could not find it. I also noticed that in the Instart menu, in field 6. EDID: and in the HDMI ports (attached photos) it says "NG". I guess that means that for some reason they do not work ....
Can someone help me with the above problem. Is there a setting that I need to change or did it just happen and all the HDMI ports broke (while they were working before) at the very same time that I had the STUPID idea to "tease" settings that I did not know ???
I've been looking through the API docs and source code but haven't been able to find accessibility for pushing config files and software updates to a number of TVs within a network.
Also is there a way to alter setting within the hidden menu with the ares api?
I need to change certain setup config on a big number of TVs on the network. Is that doable?
Similar Tagged Content
Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought an LG OLED65BX6LB and have connected a Sonos beam using the HMDI arc port. When I try to play the sound through an alternative output eg Bluetooth or the internal speakers it does so for a couple of seconds and then it switches back to HDMI-ARC
How do we stop the HDMI ARC grabbing control?
By Paul Meyer
I have a hearing loss and would like to listen to the TV through my Bluetooth headset while at the same time others in the room listen normally via sound bar. We have a Samsung 2.1 sound bar/sub that is controlled through the LG TV via HDMI. I also have a BT transmitter that has an optical audio-in that is paired with my BT headset, but the TV only lets me use one output method at a time. I would like to find a way to use both HDMI-out and optical audio-out at the same time. If the sound bar had an audio-out port on it, I would use that - but it does not. The TV model is an LG 55lb7200.
I bought a 47 inch 650V TV a week ago and I noticed that this SmarTV has a huge potential but still lacks very basic features. So I hope that I don't regret buying this TV if a update don't gives us some really great improvements.
* First of all, WebOS it's slow. It really needs a huge performance improvement. Im not a BETA tester. If the system it's not ready, they should have hold it for a while and hire some inside beta testers.
* Youtube app doesn't play videos in HD. Compared to my AppleTV, the difference it's huge. This is a 1080p SmartTV and there's not a single option on Youtube to play everything in 1080p or at least, 720p.
* Audio Output only gives us a option to select one instead of a multiple sound output. Sometimes I use a Digital Out Surround Systems, and in my old LG TV, I could use the TV Speakers and this digital audio at the same time and only mute the TV. It's the fastest way to use both. In this new smartv, I have go to the audio settings to choose the audio output everytime. For a slow system, it's a really painful solution.
* This TV has Bluetooth built in, and there's not a single option to pair a Keyboard, Mouse or a Audio Device. It's locked to LGs proprietary Bluetooth devices. It's inaceptable since Bluetooth technology is standard and to use a Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse/A2DP sound I have to get a pack that cames with a USB Bluetooth dongle. So all my BT keyboards and mouses that doesn't have that USB dongle can't be used.
* I own a LG G2 Smartphone and I cannot simple use the LG SmartShare. It's slow and crashes all the time, so sharing my videos and photos to TV it's simple mission impossible. The same goes for Wi-fi Direct. It simply doesn't work. And the same goes for the LG TV Remote App. It's very slow when we try to use the "mouse pointer".
* It's not possible to resize .srt subtitles and tags like <i> and <b> are not recognized by the TV. So not only I can't have Italic and Bold text, but those tags are also added to the subtitles like normal text...
And I notice this with just one week of usage, so obviously there's a lot more things to improve but this features are simple to use on my AppleTV and my LG can't handle them very well. I bought this TV and paid the extra money to get a good SmarTV compared to the 5700 model, with the intention to get rid off the Apple TV... but at this moment I just can't...