Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!
Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!
If anyone is still experiencing issues with the webOS Disney+ app (and I suspect many if not all of us still are) such as the lack of 4K support, 5.1 audio support, or as in my case with the 86UH9500, both, please see LG's response to my inquiry into these issues:
We appreciate you for patiently coordinating with us regarding the current application status of your LG 86UH9500 TV, Xxxxxxx. It is our goal to ensure that you are able to utilize your LG product at its fullest potential so let us assist you with your inquiry today.
In response to this, according to the specifications of the unit, the LG 86UH9500 TV has been designed with a 4K UHD and Surround Mode feature. However, if the Disney+ app is the only application that does not output surround sound, please be advised that both the content being played on the TV and the applications should also support this feature as well. This case on the capability and support made by the developers of the Disney+ Application needs to be raised directly to them so that they can make the necessary updates on the programming and utilize our TV’s 4K UHD and Surround Sound features that are already available in our OLED Television. You can reach Disney+ Support Line at 1-888-905-7888 for additional support and assistance.
So, as expected, LG is pointing the finger at Disney to resolve these issues. This makes sense as my inquires into the availability of the Disney+ app from LG before the launch directed me to reach out to Disney+ as they, not LG, are responsible for it.
So if any of you out there have Bob Iger on speed dial, can you give him a ring?
(PS yes, LG incorrectly identified the UH9500 as an OLED model when its an LCD, but I'll let it slide)
By Vikram Sud
In the last few days my LG TV OLED65B8PTA suddenly drops the volume significantly fleetingly every few minutes.
Am also hoping this isn't the start of the end of this massive investment I made a couple of years ago !!!
By Alcides Andrade
I have lg tv model 49UJ6525, last weekend the tv updated to version 05.80.35, but now I realized that I can no longer use the 5 GHz WIFI network, the network is disconnecting and connecting all the time. I did a test with the 2.4 Ghz network and it works normal, but I would like to use the 5GHz network.
Is it possible to solve this problem?
By John Bizeray
I recently updated the firmware on my LG43UH610V. Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
After updating my TV (OLED65GXPUA) on August 31, 2020 the HDMI-ARC volume support changed: pressing the volume up/down button once on the magic remote will continuously apply volume changes until the volume has reached the maximum or minimum value. Prior to this update volume changes over the HDMI-ARC interface behaved as expected: one press of the remote button would apply one increment or decrement to the volume. A Klipsch Bar 48 is attached to the TV over the HDMI-ARC interface.
After the update the TV is running: webOS TV version 5.1.1-3701, Software version 03.10.41. I do not have the version information prior to the update.
Similar Tagged Content
By Paul Meyer
I have a hearing loss and would like to listen to the TV through my Bluetooth headset while at the same time others in the room listen normally via sound bar. We have a Samsung 2.1 sound bar/sub that is controlled through the LG TV via HDMI. I also have a BT transmitter that has an optical audio-in that is paired with my BT headset, but the TV only lets me use one output method at a time. I would like to find a way to use both HDMI-out and optical audio-out at the same time. If the sound bar had an audio-out port on it, I would use that - but it does not. The TV model is an LG 55lb7200.
I bought a 47 inch 650V TV a week ago and I noticed that this SmarTV has a huge potential but still lacks very basic features. So I hope that I don't regret buying this TV if a update don't gives us some really great improvements.
* First of all, WebOS it's slow. It really needs a huge performance improvement. Im not a BETA tester. If the system it's not ready, they should have hold it for a while and hire some inside beta testers.
* Youtube app doesn't play videos in HD. Compared to my AppleTV, the difference it's huge. This is a 1080p SmartTV and there's not a single option on Youtube to play everything in 1080p or at least, 720p.
* Audio Output only gives us a option to select one instead of a multiple sound output. Sometimes I use a Digital Out Surround Systems, and in my old LG TV, I could use the TV Speakers and this digital audio at the same time and only mute the TV. It's the fastest way to use both. In this new smartv, I have go to the audio settings to choose the audio output everytime. For a slow system, it's a really painful solution.
* This TV has Bluetooth built in, and there's not a single option to pair a Keyboard, Mouse or a Audio Device. It's locked to LGs proprietary Bluetooth devices. It's inaceptable since Bluetooth technology is standard and to use a Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse/A2DP sound I have to get a pack that cames with a USB Bluetooth dongle. So all my BT keyboards and mouses that doesn't have that USB dongle can't be used.
* I own a LG G2 Smartphone and I cannot simple use the LG SmartShare. It's slow and crashes all the time, so sharing my videos and photos to TV it's simple mission impossible. The same goes for Wi-fi Direct. It simply doesn't work. And the same goes for the LG TV Remote App. It's very slow when we try to use the "mouse pointer".
* It's not possible to resize .srt subtitles and tags like <i> and <b> are not recognized by the TV. So not only I can't have Italic and Bold text, but those tags are also added to the subtitles like normal text...
And I notice this with just one week of usage, so obviously there's a lot more things to improve but this features are simple to use on my AppleTV and my LG can't handle them very well. I bought this TV and paid the extra money to get a good SmarTV compared to the 5700 model, with the intention to get rid off the Apple TV... but at this moment I just can't...