Quantcast

Unable to load user agreements

Fletcher

Question

I have recently purchased an LG 43UH610T television.  I am located in Bali, Indonesia.  Everything seems to be working fine, but when I click on any of the options, such as LGTV, YouTube etc, it tells me I must first consent to the LG Smart TV user agreement.  However, I then get a message saying "Unable to load user agreements - a server error has occurred ......"

Can you help?

Hello all,

For those of you still suffering from the same problem, here's an interim solution after 90 minutes on the phone with LG's Level 2 support:

- Disconnect your TV from both wired and wifi internet access options.

- Activate a Hotspot for internet access (use your smartphone or any other hotspot device)

- Use Settings>Network>wifi and select your Hotspot as your wireless internet connection. Confirm that you are connected to the internet.

- From Settings>General>About this TV, select resetting your TV to factory settings

- Follow the screen process until you get to the point that it asks about downloading the LG user agreement. Do that. It should work this time that you are connecting thru the Hotspot.

- Now press "Home" on your remote and select an app (preferably one that you subscribe to like Netflix), you should not see the error about "Unable to download user agreement" any more. Hoorah!

I suggested that they post this solution on this website! The agent was going to pass on this suggestion!

Please post this on other threads about the same problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just purchased a LG 65UH6030 yesterday, unable to load user agreement as well.  Tried both wired, and wireless connection settings with no luck.   I'm able to use the LG built-in web browser, so I'm sure the internet connection is active.  I noticed the TV comes with 3.xx firmware, while the current is 4.xx.  Tried to update the firmware, and it failed as well.  "data decryption error."   Anyone having similar issue?  

I have recently bought a 43uh661v LG TV and have the same issue. The User Agreements are unable to load. The internet connection is working, I can access  all websites.  I tried to change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 (Google's public DNS) but it is still not working. Were you able to manage to solve the problem? If yes, how? Thank you!

I had the same problem. It turned out that the tv was auto detecting a different router in the house that required a password instead of the one it was directly connected to that did not require a password. 

I just unplugged the other router. The tv then auto detected the correct one and the user agreement downloaded. 

• Thanks 1

I am also having damn problem. Internet works just fine in TV browser, Internet fully connected, but unable to download terms and conditions which therefore is not allowing me to use any smart capabilities such at vudu, YouTube, Netflix etc etc.  I am on WiFi without cable TV connected (as neither a cable line or Ethernet connection are available.).  I have another LG Smart TV and it works fine. 

****UPDATE - thank you all for your suggestions. Worked diligently with LG to ID problem, found out that Best Buy did not flag the TV was bad and had the Geek Squad open box certification attached to it. Here the Main board was fried and could not connect to the service, basiclt would have to have replaced the entire brain of the TV to get it to work. Contacted BB and a great manager there not only replaced the OB TV with the most up to date version brand new (this was last years model) but price matched AND discounted for all the trouble I went through to make sure there wasn't an easier fix or user error.   Thanks all! 

Edited by Steve Marino
Update and close comments.

I had same problem. Could not download updated firmware as well.

I found a workaround when I bought a new Sony Blu-Ray DVD Player Model BDP-S3700/BM. As I started to use it, I saw all the User Apps I could not access on the LG TV with the same problem of this forum.

I signed up for Netflix and You Tube again. Problem solved. I'm up and running again all through the Sony Blu-Ray DVD Player Model BDP-S3700/BM.

On Friday, June 02, 2017 at 11:27 PM, Sparty87 said:

Hello all,

For those of you still suffering from the same problem, here's an interim solution after 90 minutes on the phone with LG's Level 2 support:

- Activate a Hotspot for internet access (use your smartphone or any other hotspot device)

- Use Settings>Network>wifi and select your Hotspot as your wireless internet connection. Confirm that you are connected to the internet.

- From Settings>General>About this TV, select resetting your TV to factory settings

- Follow the screen process until you get to the point that it asks about downloading the LG user agreement. Do that. It should work this time that you are connecting thru the Hotspot.

- Now press "Home" on your remote and select an app (preferably one that you subscribe to like Netflix), you should not see the error about "Unable to download user agreement" any more. Hoorah!

I suggested that they post this solution on this website! The agent was going to pass on this suggestion!

cheers for that did what you said and worked for me 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2017 at 0:27 AM, Sparty87 said:

Hello all,

tries this and dns change in vain