Quantcast

this app will now restart to free up more memory

Andy Watson
Go to solution Solved by CIC,

Question

Help ! model of television is 49uh620v have just purchased when running you tube videos get the message and action "this app will now restart to free up more memory" after a few minutes, I have cleared browsing and cookies  history. Simplelink cec is off.

Anyone out there help on this please?

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

• Solution

Hi Andy,

I have the same problem on my 65UH8507.

I've called the service center in my country, Romania.

So ,  follow these steps: 

1. Uninstall the apps you do not use

2. Uninstall the app you use frequently. Mine was Netflix.

3.Turn off and unplug the TV set  and wait for 5-10 minutes.

4. Plug the TV set. Turn on

5. Reinstall the app you use frequently.

It worked for me. I hope this will works  for you either.

Regards,

• Like 3

This is such a let down from LG and surely something a firmware update could fix... Although I'm reluctant to, I have a further 28 days to return the LG 40UH630V if the problem isn't addressed. I'll be keeping an eye on the forums for a fix.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the post with instructions to resolve this problem I have a LG 43UJ630V with this problem when watching YouTube so will give it a try.  Would be helpful if LG could be bothered to fix this major software bug or at least reply to all the people who are posting about it.

OK here are the results:

Turned Off Quick Start: made no difference to faulting app YouTube.
Uninstalled YouTube app and unwanted apps, turned off/unplugged TV & waited 15 mins then re-installed YouTube app: made no difference.

YouTube app still restarts to free up memory halfway into whatever I am watching.  Come on LG fix this please.

Edited by Martlea
Update results.

Would seem LG TV's simply don't have sufficient internal memory to run these apps. Support is frankly useless and the only solution is to return the set for a full refund as no fit for purpose or put up with this. IMHO the sets are overpriced, have only average sound even through LG soundbar, flacky WebOS and standard definition broadcast TV is below average quality of picture. HD is slightly better and 4k video, when you can find it, nothing special either. Would not recommend or buy LG again.

November: YouTube app for WebOS was updated but sadly the 'This app will now restart to free up memory...' error, which has been reported for over three years, continues to plague these poor TV's so I assume LG & Google are incapable of fixing the issue or simply don't care and LG certainly are not going to refund all their customers conned into buying this rubbish let alone send engineers round to install adequate hardware.

Edited by Martlea
Update
  • Like 1

@MartleaI think the memory is not the problem, is the software. It seems that it needs to buffer a lot to keep the video fluent. This will have to be revised and limit the buffer operation to a safe value. Is not that it can't play the content, is about the handling. Strangely, I tried to use ethernet connection which is faster, but the problem is worse. I will try experimenting with an even faster connection than the one I currently have. 

Also, the Netflix app worked good before the firmware upgrade so it can't be the hardware. Will try to see tomorrow if it still works with the new upgrade.

• Like 1

I agree with Stefan about excessive  buffering. Ethernet connection to the router makes no difference, and no one else using the connection.  I am on an fttc fibre line at 50Mbps, so it should require only minimal buffering.

I have tried switching off and disconnecting the supply, also resetting to factory defaults etc etc to no avail.

When I bought the TV at first, about two years ago, I did not notice the problem., and was able to watch a Netflix movie and YouTube concert all the way through.

I notice this thread started in February. Does LG not take any notice of this forum?

• Like 1

Just got off the phone to lg support. I was told the web browser shuts down when attempting to stream video ON PURPOSE! Furthermore, once you stream anything from the internet, the cache fills up, does not clear, and prevents the installed apps from functioning properly.  I was told that the OS is a web browser NOT a web streaming service and if they allow customers access to stream video they will be in breach of their contractual agreement to the companies who have apps on the TV. This clearly doesn't happen on tablets or phones, so their logic for creating a sub par product is utter bollocks. I specifically asked the salesman if I could stream video from the internet and was told absolutely yes. When I pointed this out to Lg customer service they re-iterated that a web browser does not confer the ability to stream video. This is misleading the customer, and effectively censoring and filtering internet content.  This must stop! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      ‘Optimism your feed’ Playlist Curated by Global Influencers Will Enable Users
      to Engage With Optimistic and Inspiring Content on Their Social Media Feeds

SEOUL, May 29, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) today launched a global campaign called ‘Optimism your feed,’ which aims to help users bring more optimism to their social media experience by inviting them to proactively engage with positive and inspiring content on their feeds.
      “As a customer-focused brand, LG is a passionate champion of optimism. We aim to create positive changes in people’s lives by being intentional with our positive activities both online and in the real world,” said Kim Hyo-eun, vice president and head of LG’s Brand Management Division. “In the AI era, LG remains committed to our unwavering promise of ‘Life’s Good.’ We will continue to enhance our customers’ lives with a human-centric approach, fostering hope for a better future.”
      A new global survey commissioned by LG found that social media is both a source of anxiety and a place where people turn to be entertained, keep up with friends and family, and stay informed about news and current events. According to the survey, almost half of respondents (45 percent) report their social media feeds consist of an equal or greater amount of negative content than positive content. One in four respondents (28 percent) claimed negative content on their social media feeds has increased their anxiety and one in five (20 percent) said it has made them unhappy.
      link hidden, please login to view also suggest that algorithms often promote negative and niche conversations. The global survey sought to understand the triggers that affect how algorithms work and how to increase your feed’s positive content. The result is the ‘Optimism your feed’ playlist of original content that, when interacted with, will pull more optimistic content into your feed.* ‘Optimism your feed’ is part of LG’s global , introduced last year to inspire and encourage people to approach life with an optimistic attitude.
      Created in collaboration with global influencers renowned for their optimistic influences including , , and more, the ‘Optimism your feed’ playlist includes over 20 short-form videos ranging from motivation to feel-good content.
      Additionally, LG is consulting with social media experts including Professor , an information scientist and technology ethicist, with a PhD in Human Centered Computing. Fiesler researches and teaches in the areas of technology ethics, internet policy and online communities, and has published on topics such as social media content moderation and recommender systems. She also educates the public on these topics as a content creator.
      Social media has become an integral part of our lives, and algorithms play a significant role in the content that we see in these spaces. LG’s global playlist and campaign gives users the opportunity to see more positive and uplifting posts. By being more conscious about what we choose to engage with, we can bring stronger optimism, balance and happiness to our lives.
      According to Fiesler, “Recommendation algorithms determine what we see on social media by predicting what content we are likely to engage with. These algorithms can therefore send us down ever more specific niches – for good and for bad. Research has shown that left unchecked, users can go down negative rabbit holes and encounter harmful content quite quickly. One of our first lines of defense needs to be improving our digital literacy, and paying more attention to how algorithms influence our online experiences. And the good news is that we do have some control over the input for these algorithmic predictions; if we choose to engage with optimistic content, there’s a good possibility we will see more of it.”
      Victoria Browne, a global influencer and TEDx Talk speaker, said, “The algorithms on our social channel can have a big impact on the content we see online, which impacts our mental health. That’s why I’m passionate about ‘Optimism your feed’, and I hope that people use this playlist as a foundation to retrain their algorithm and encourage positivity in all aspects of their lives. So much of the stigma and difficulty of tackling mental health is that it is unseen. With this campaign, we are saying you should reach out to your friends, and that we can help each other. Our algorithm should recommend content that makes us feel more connected to people, not less.”
      The ‘Optimism your feed’ playlist can be found on LG’s global TikTok channel and global YouTube channel , and will later spread to various social media platforms through collaborations with influencers around the world. More details can be found on the campaign page on .
      # # #
      * According to a global survey conducted by Dynata on behalf of LG in 2024.
      Survey Methodology
      Timings: Fieldwork conducted from April 26 to May 2, 2024
      Countries: USA, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, France, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, South Korea, India, Australia
      Age: People between 22 and 65 years old and weekly TikTok or Instagram users
      Sample Size: 400 respondents in the USA, 200 respondents in the rest of the markets
      Method: Quantitative questionnaire online survey through Dynata’s proprietary panel

• By News Reporter
      LG TONE Free T90S With Dolby Atmos for All Content and Devices, Ergonomically
      Designed for a Near-Custom Fit

SEOUL, May. 16, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is introducing the company’s latest TONE Free T90S model to the global market, designed to offer impressive sound for a heightened listening experience. The new T90S earbuds are enhanced by pure graphene, boast an even more comfortable fit and possess a range of useful features essential for elevated on-the-go listening pleasure.
      Delivering an enriched audio experience with improved accuracy and clarity, the newest T90S earbuds use pure graphene for drivers, a departure from the conventional use of coated graphene. The lightweight and sustainable material is widely known for boosting performance and efficiency in advanced technologies such as semiconductors and solar cells. The use of pure graphene in LG’s latest earbuds reduces vibrations and allows users to revel in well-balanced and precise sound with powerful bass and enhanced mid- and high-range frequencies. The T90S earbuds are designed to take full advantage of graphene’s lightweight nature, ensuring a cozy fit that ensures comfort for prolonged listening.
      LG’s T90 TONE Free series continues to provide unmatched level of surround sound experience as the first Dolby Atmos earbuds to support Dolby Head Tracking across all content and devices. Dolby Head Tracking technology adapts audio based on users’ head movements, creating a dynamic sense of immersion that places listeners at the center. Whether listening to music, diving into a movie or series or engaging in all the action of a video game, the high-quality sound captivates users on smartphones, tablets or large-screen TVs.
      What’s new, T90S earbuds now support Dolby Head Tracking technology up to 24bit / 96kHz audio, allowing users to enjoy studio-level audio quality. The latest earbuds also offer added versatility with Dolby Atmos Optimizer, with optimized surround sound based on three adjustable levels that cater to users’ preferences.
      LG continues to present superior sound in partnership with Meridian Audio, featuring Meridian Headphone Spatial Processing (HSP), a specialized technology that delivers a clear center image, making listeners feel like they’re listening to a stereo sound system. In addition to natural, distortion-free sound, Meridian’s Perfect Balance technology allows T90S users to experience a consistent tonal balance despite the volume.
      Along with an elevated listening experience, LG TONE Free earbuds ensure hygiene is at the forefront with LG’s exclusive UVnano charging case, which uses ultraviolet light to effectively eliminate 99.9% of bacteria on the ear gels of the earbuds within just 10 minutes of the powered charging cycle.* T90S earbuds adopt medical-grade, hypoallergenic ear gels that absorb dust and prevent dirt from accumulating, effectively reducing skin irritations.
      Prioritizing user convenience with enhanced connectivity abilities, the LG T90S model enhances the versatile Plug & Wireless feature, a trait reserved only for LG TONE Free earbuds. With USB-C to AUX and USB-C to USB C cables included, the T90S charging case can be used a transmitter, enabling seamless Bluetooth connectivity between the earbuds and non-Bluetooth devices like in-flight entertainment systems, gym treadmills, hotel TVs and more.
      In addition to supporting Bluetooth codecs AAC and SBC for seamless connection with Apple and Android devices, the T90S is also compatible with the aptX Adaptive codec. With the LG TONE Free app, users can sync up to five external devices, eliminating the hassle of manually reconnecting when switching between devices. Moreover, the T90S supports multi-pairing, enabling users to connect to two source devices simultaneously.
      For flawless listening and call experiences no matter what is happening around the user, LG’s newest earbuds ensure optimal noise reduction with the company’s Adaptive Noise Cancellation (ANC) technology, adapting the T90S earbuds to surrounding noise levels in real time. What’s more, new ergonomically designed ear tips are designed to create a tighter seal and block more noise, while ensuring a stable fit which enables ANC to perform more effectively.
      The T90S earbuds deliver crystal-clear call quality, making it feel as if the caller is speaking right beside the user. LG has integrated a built-in three-microphone system and Voice Pickup Unit (VPU) to monitor background noise, pick up users’ voices and track jaw movements. T90S earbuds feature a new High Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) microphone which further reduces ambient noise, while the earbuds leverage a new algorithm that isolates speech from background noise to optimize dialogue quality and reduce noise.
      LG has always been devoted to delivering a comfortable fit without compromising performance. In collaboration with South Korea’s POSTECH Ergonomic Design Technology Lab, the latest earbuds have been designed with ergonomic precision and consistent comfort. Extensive research on the human ear has been conducted to determine how to fit the earbuds securely while applying the least amount of pressure, enabling use in various situations such as at work or during an intense workout.
      LG’s newest TONE Free wireless earbuds T90S will be rolled out in major markets worldwide from May.
      # # #
      * UVnano is a compound word derived from the words UV and its unit nanometer. Independent testing shows UVnano charging case eliminates 99.9 percent of Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus and Klebsiella pneumonia bacteria on earbuds within ten minutes of charging. The UV LED function works only when the charging case is connected to the power cable.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      LG Smart TVs Offer Latin American Users Free Anime Onegai FAST Channels for the
      First Time With Spanish Subtitles and Dubbing

MEXICO CITY, May. 15, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is offering LG TV owners in Latin America free channels from popular Japanese anime platform Anime Onegai through the company’s exclusive, free streaming service, LG Channels. Anime Onegai is a streaming platform focused on anime founded by Japanese company REMOW, delivering Japanese anime straight from Japan. Available for the first time ever, Anime Onegai’s free ad-supported streaming television (FAST) channels are set to delight anime enthusiasts across Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru and Colombia with high-quality Spanish subtitles and dubbing. Whether long-time anime fans or exploring the genre for the first time, Anime Onegai on LG Channels promises to deliver a captivating viewing experience on large LG Smart TV screens.
      Anime Onegai on LG Channels provides an extensive selection of anime content to the Latin American audience for free, a region boasting a significant anime fanbase with multiple countries among the top consumers of anime worldwide. Exclusively tailored to Spanish speakers, users can discover anime from a diverse range of genres, from thrilling sports, futuristic science fiction and action-packed adventures to rhythmic music and emotional dramas that tug at the heartstrings.
      The Anime Onegai Sport channel invites LG smart TV users to enter the captivating universe of “Kuroko’s Basketball,” a must-see anime that fuses traditional sports with fantasy elements for original adrenaline-filled excitement. For those looking for fast-paced storytelling, the Anime Onegai Action channel provides high-octane content like “REBORN!” a gripping series filled with dynamic characters and masterfully crafted fight scenes.
      Anime Onegai also offers content that inspires viewers with healing moments for relaxation and reflection. “Natsume Yujin-cho,” a slice-of-life anime featured on the Anime Onegai Drama channel, takes viewers on an emotional journey filled with heartfelt moments. The Anime Onegai Music channel understands the power music holds in transporting viewers to a new world or intensifying a dramatic scene. Here, music fans can immerse themselves in dramas such as “Full Moon,” which promises viewers an immersive experience with enchanting melodies.
      In addition to a diverse selection of sports, action, drama and music channels, the Anime Onegai Sci-Fi channel on LG Channels presents compelling narratives with futuristic adventures and unique worldbuilding. LG Smart TV users can dive into the popular sci-fi anime “Broken Blade” and experience a world filled with epic battles, advanced technology and political intrigue.
      Available on LG Smart TVs launched in 2016 and later, LG Channels can be effortlessly accessed directly from the home screen. LG Channels remains the preferred choice for LG Smart TV users worldwide, maintaining its position among the top five most used apps. With the addition of Anime Onegai, users can delve into an even broader selection of content for differentiated entertainment experiences.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Puja aingh
      Dear LG TEAM
        Kindly resolve this issue 
      My lG TV MODEL NO IS 32LK628BPTF

• By Puja aingh
      Respected LG TEAM
           KINDLY SHORT OUT MY LG WEBOS LED TV MODEL NO IS 33LK628BPTF MY ISSUE IS EVERY TIME RESTART MY TV BECAUSE I OPEN ANY APP AND WATCH ANYTHING SUDDENLY RESTART MY TV AND SHOW FREE UP YOUR STORAGE AND RESTART YOUR SYSTEM      HOW CAN I FREE UP MY SPACE  PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM
  • Similar Tagged Content