Quantcast

LG to show webOS Smart Fridge at CES 2017

Alex

The news out today as reported by  is that LG is planning to debut a webOS powered smart fridge this coming week at CES 2017. So what we know now is that webOS will be shown on TVs (we have that now), the new projector, signage (we have that now), and now a smart fridge! Stay tuned as it looks like the webOS ecosystem is growing!

image_readtop_2017_967_14832575272734448

According to the consumer-electronics industry Sunday, LG will unveil its smart fridge which runs webOS at CES 2017 to be held from Jan. 5 to 8 in Las Vegas. 

This marks its first attempt to try out webOS on its kitchen appliances. The firm has rolled out TVs that run webOS, Linux kernel-based multitask operating system for smart devices like TVs and smartwatches, back in 2014....
link hidden, please login to view

• 1 year later...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By davexnet
      Hello -
      after no updates for approx. 2 years, the TV updated to 06.00.03 about 4 months ago, now to
      this latest, which is described as a bug fix release.

This release has changed the  TV picture, it is too bright, almost garish, with a decidedly blue color cast -
      Let's be honest, a stable and properly balanced image was never one of the TV's strong points, now it's almost unwatchable.
      Why would anybody update the TV firmware picture settings of a 4 year old TV in such a drastic way? 
    • By Sur Partha
      I want to install MX Player on my LG Smart TV. I checked LG Play store for content. It is not available. Is it possible ?
      Regards,
      Partha

• By News Reporter
      In the connected era, it could be said that we are living in the “age of relationships” in which creating, nurturing and leveraging relationships with our acquaintances, followers, customers, etc. is the thing that separates success from failure. While this might not be a unanimous belief, one thing everyone can agree on is that good communication isn’t something that happens naturally, it must be nurtured and honed.

For companies and brands, how they communicate their messages is just as important as what they communicate. So it was especially gratifying to learn that LG’s team in Australia was recognized with one of Asia’s most prestigious industry communications awards for its . The program, which helps recognize and reward community groups in Australia, was honored with the Diamond SABRE Award for Superior Achievement in Reputation Management for building stronger stakeholder relationships and contribute to corporate performance.

More than 500 volunteer organizations and individuals have been celebrated as part of the LG Local Legends in the past 12 months. The program was launched at a time when charities and community service organizations were in critical need of support, with many finding it difficult to secure resources, manpower and critical funding. LG Local Legends helps elevate the profile of these community groups around the country through media, social media and online channels.

The SABRE Awards celebrate engagement, credibility and relationship building among individuals and organizations across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Asia, Africa and Latin America. More than 1,200 entries from across the Asia Pacific region were received and judged by an expert panel of nearly 100 senior industry professionals.

“The LG Local Legends program shows that even in these difficult times individuals and groups can rise above these hardships to selflessly make the lives of others better,” said Louise Annetts, corporate marketing manager at LG Electronics Australia. “It has been a pleasure to help recognize the incredible efforts of those in our communities, as well as receive broader recognition of the program at this year’s SABRE Awards. We are looking forward to celebrating more deserving Australians in 2021.”

LG Local Legends was also recognized with a certificate of excellence in the Best in Real-Time Engagement category, whilst a recent LG SIGNATURE launch was also shortlisted at the awards in the best Home and Furniture category.
      To learn more about the LG Local Legends program visit .
      Contributed by LG Australia
      # # #

• By JRM
      I am using the above TV. Quite often when watching a programme live from the aerial, the screen will suddenly go to the "wallpaper" screen and a box advises there is no signal, the TV is checking for a signal and please check connections etc. After a few seconds the TV resumes with the programme that was being watched. Obviously, the TV seems to be temporarily losing the signal. However, a 2nd LG TV (older model) in another room, feeding from the same aerial has no such problem and neither do I get signal drop outs when using my Humax box for recordings, all of which suggests the aerial signal is perfectly OK but for some reason the 55NANO795NE  momentarily loses it. Anyone else having a similar problem and any thoughts on what to do to resolve it?  
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s massive ultra-high-definition digital billboard overlooking New York City’s iconic Times Square became host to a three-phase visual spectacle that reflects the company’s efforts to engage with consumers directly around the seasons. LG’s first 3D content series designed for the billboard is a stunning visual display sure to make passersby smile. The new billboard content will run through the end of November.

Taking full advantage of the Times Square billboard’s unique curved design, LG harnesses the power of forced perspective to display imaginative multi-dimensional 3D content which share the company’s core messaging that together, Life’s Good. Launching with an inspiring back-to-school message for the American audience, the 3D illusion begins with an explosion of crayons and swirling images from scissors to school buses, dancing around the screen, eventually spelling out LIFE’S GOOD before being buried by a multitude of crayons as the animation continues its loop.

Over the past year LG has mobilized the Times Square billboard to engage, educate, and entertain consumers during the pandemic. From hosting the YouTube documentary “Life In A Day 2020” by Academy Award-winning director Kevin Macdonald to premiering the “Global Citizen VAX LIVE Extended Concert Sponsored by YouTube,” to encouraging climate action on ENERGY STAR® Day, LG has leveraged the space in Times Square to remind viewers that Life’s Good no matter how challenging our surroundings may be.

“We hope that visitors in Times Square are not only awed by the visual splendor of the 3D display, but also that they will be inspired to believe that no matter the season, Life’s Good together,” said Peggy Ang, senior vice president of marketing, LG Electronics USA. “At the same time, our new 3D content series exemplifies how LG is innovating when it comes to engaging with consumers.”

Contributed by LG USA
      # # #

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Yoandy Isse
      hello my tv does not give me more updates, I would like to update it to the last WebOS, there is some manual process via USB
      attached model image
      sorry if my english is bad

• By Aron Feerick
      I have been thinking would it be possible to make a HDMI switch that connects to the TV (maybe via USB to control it), the TV knows it's a switch and add virtual HDMI's and by selecting one of the virtual HDMI's is tell the switch to select the correct port.
    • By katkuri
      lg is smart fastest tv is it correct?
    • By Panday Amit Ray
      Hi
      I cant find Amazon Prime App for my LG TV 49LH576T  in LG Content Store. Is there any alternative  way to install this app on my tv?