Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Question

I have been thinking would it be possible to make a HDMI switch that connects to the TV (maybe via USB to control it), the TV knows it's a switch and add virtual HDMI's and by selecting one of the virtual HDMI's is tell the switch to select the correct port.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By -ethan-
      After updating my TV (OLED65GXPUA) on August 31, 2020 the HDMI-ARC volume support changed: pressing the volume up/down button once on the magic remote will continuously apply volume changes until the volume has reached the maximum or minimum value.  Prior to this update volume changes over the HDMI-ARC interface behaved as expected: one press of the remote button would apply one increment or decrement to the volume.  A Klipsch Bar 48 is attached to the TV over the HDMI-ARC interface.
      After the update the TV is running:  webOS TV version 5.1.1-3701, Software version 03.10.41.  I do not have the version information prior to the update.

• By Ankur Saxena
      Hi LG Team
      I am unable to watch Voot Select content which is a premium content on Voot App provided by LG Content Store.  Voot Select is a part of Voot App in other OS like android,  tizen,  firestick etc same is not included in LG OS. Pls let me know how to watch the same
      Rgds
    • By JetForce
      Dear All,
      I'm new here hoping to find a solution to my problem, after now trying around for almost two days without any result.
      My set-up:
      - LG OLED55C97LA OLED TV
      - Nubert nuPro X-3000 (Pair of active speakers)
      The active speakers are connected to the TV via HDMI-ARC on both sides. I'm aware that my configuration might be a bit unique, however I have the feeling that it is the TV / webOS which is messing arround with me.
      After connecting my speakers to the HDMI-ARC, changing the TVs output to the HDMI 2 (ARC) is started the device configuration. I was glad, as typing in "Nubert" into the device selection of both "Home cinema system" or "Bluetooth / Soundbar", the webOS brought up a configuration to select.
      During the "try-out" phase of the configuration process, turn on and off the power of the speakers works perfectly - even very fast! After configuration, sound comes through the speakers very well and I can adjust the volume. However, when I turn of the TV the speakers will remain on. Same vice versa when trying to turn everything on by only starting the TV.
      Does anyone face a similar problem and might have a workaround for this? It is very frustrating and annoying, as it works perfectly in the configuration - but not later on.
      Thanks for your help!
      Sebastian 
    • By KARUPPASAMY KANNAN
      Hi Team,
      I have implemented embed youtube player in my smartTV app. I have developed this app using HTML, CSS and jQuery.
      But I'm facing TV remote focus issue on youtube player controls.
      Can you please provide solutions, how to achieve this.
    • By dolbnya
      Hello!
      Videoplayer on my TV OLED55C6V has two modes of folders content display: as a list of files with detailed information and thumbnail and as a previews of files with big cover and file name.
      My DLNA-storage contains a cover for each movie file. A cover has the same file name with its movie except of jpg-extension. As I know DLNA-server provides two variants of each picture - full size original picture and downscaled thumbnail (160x160 on MiniDLNA and it is hardcoded). And when I browse the folders of DLNA-storage on my TV I can see covers in list mode and in preview mode. And they looks like something dreadful on my TV because as I discovered TV videoplayer takes a thumbnail from DLNA-server (160x160 max in my case) and crops it to aspect ratio 4x3 and upscales it for showing as a thumbnail or as a cover. Actual displayed cover size in the second case is about 400x300 or even more on UHD-display, so a resulting picture looks like Minecraft.
      But, for example, Windows Mediaplayer displays covers from DLNA properly taking a full size picture (not a thumbnail) and downscaling it to required actual size if necessary.
      Is there any method to make TV use full size picture and downscale it properly for thumbnail and for cover separately or to do something else at all for seeing nice and smooth thumbnails and covers during DLNA folders browsing on UHD-display?
      Thank you in advance
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Yoandy Isse
      hello my tv does not give me more updates, I would like to update it to the last WebOS, there is some manual process via USB
      attached model image
      sorry if my english is bad

• By katkuri
      lg is smart fastest tv is it correct?
    • By Panday Amit Ray
      Hi
      I cant find Amazon Prime App for my LG TV 49LH576T  in LG Content Store. Is there any alternative  way to install this app on my tv?
    • By SimonHayterUK
      So, it's the year 2018 and all the documentation I have found online says that LG TV's USB storage are limited to a max capacity of 2TB... nowadays that's considered rather small in terms of PVR and play backing of HDR 10bit content.
      I've ordered a the LG 49sj800v which is due to be delivered in the next couple of weeks so I am in the process of preparing the hard drive ready for it, which I have a WD Red 6TB however after reading it seems to be limited to 2TB?! which surprises me because the TV even has a USB 3.0 port.
      It is from my understanding that FAT32 is limited to 2TB and NTFS is limited to 16TB which brings me to my question(s):
       Does the 2TB limitation still apply in WebOS 3.5? if the limitation does still apply is the limitation caused by Hardware or Software? If the limiation does still apply can you use multiple partitions or is the limitation  the entire drive?  
      PS. I plan to use NTFS.