Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alex

LG's 2015 CES show: Join us Monday (live blog)

1 post in this topic

Expect a lot of appliance and TV announcements from LG this week.

The South Korean electronics maker unveiled a slew of new televisions at last year's CES, including 12 new ultra-HD screens, and will likely follow suit this year during its press conference at 8 a.m. PT on Monday. It should also show off some of its developments with refrigerators, washing machines and ranges.

LG will unveil its upcoming slate of TVs, home theater products, appliances, and other gadgets as it kicks off Press Day at CES 2015.

cnet's live blog will be here: http://live.cnet.com/Event/LG_press_conference_at_CES_2015

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.
  • Similar Content

• By rheiland
      Hallo,
      i am trying to update my LG 55UF850T to webOS 3.x due to UHDTV and HDR compatibility. 
      Update via menu not possible. It shows 2.2.1 as the most current version.
      I downloaded 3.x via the website and copied it to a USB stick as mentioned in the guideline.
      Now the problem: USB stick is recognized as a Smart Share device but the firmware and folder do not trigger the update process.

Question: is there a  technical guideline on how to proceed, e.g. Via the hidden Support menu? Any other ideas or procedures that I can trigger?
      please advice.

Rob
    • By SimonRossi
      Dear all,
      Have my 2 month old LG E6 connected to my amp using ARC via HDMI and i used that to send the audio from Amazon/Netflix/Youtube apps on the TV back to my amp.
      The audio is fine for everything but YouTube, which is out of sync.
      I've tried using the audio sync adjustment on the TV but can't get it right despite the adjustment.
      I've heard others on other forums complain of the same issue with this app.
      Is there somewhere I can raise an issue with LG for this problem?
      I wonder how often the youtube WebOS app is updated, maybe a new one is due soon?

Thanks all!

S.

• By Alex
      UPDATING YOUR FIRMWARE

The firmware that powers your LG Ultra HD 4K Smart TV with webOS should be updated from time to time to enhance your experience and improve its operation. Thankfully, this can be done easily and quickly, right at home.
      Watch this quick video to learn more. Or follow the easy steps below to get started.

HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO UPDATE MY FIRMWARE?
      Firmware updates don't happen frequently, so you should be fine checking for updates every other month.
      HOW DO I CHECK FOR, AND DOWNLOAD, AVAILABLE FIRMWARE UPDATES?
      Before you do anything, make sure you have an Ethernet cord connected directly from your router to your television. Wireless Internet connections are not reliable enough for firmware updates.
      Use this diagram if you need help getting set up:

ONCE YOUR TV HAS A WIRED CONNECTION, DO THE FOLLOWING:
      Press the MENU Click SYSTEM SETTINGS Then ABOUT Then SYSTEM UPDATES You'll be advised that your system is currently up to date or requested to select CHECK NOW for the latest update. If a new version is available, it downloads automatically. FIRMWARE UPDATES WILL ALSO UPDATE LG ULTRA HD 4K SMART TV AND LG APPS AT THE SAME TIME.
    • By Superholed by LG
      Hocus Pocus, with one wave of the "Magic Remote" LG Superholed me just one week before the Superbowl. My LG TV would not work due to the "Magic Remote" failing to register. I did a 'hard reset' at the tech's request which was to press home and back for 5 seconds, followed by the OK button 5 or 10 times. Unplug and unbattery everything, fresh batts, nothing worked. There is NO workaround for this issue, and after resetting to factory presets and all updates, I am now stuck with a TV that does not work. In a chat with tech support at LG, I was informed that ALL LG tvs now depend on pairing with the remote to work. He stated this includes the coming Signature W Series OLED77W7P, OLED65G6P , OLED65E6P , OLED55E6P C6 OLED OLED65C6P , OLED55C6P OLED65C6P , OLED55C6P B6 OLED OLED65B6P , OLED55B6P OLED65B6P , OLED55B6P. Failure can be caused by Bluetooth failing within the TV, the remote failing to work, or possibly a software update issue. For instance. In any case, your TV could become worthless ANY time due to the "magic remote" working. Good luck finding a used one as authorized LG retailers have already stopped selling replacement remotes for a TV manufactured less than 2 years ago.

My question: How have other consumers been able to recover their losses from LG?