Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Alex

LG's 2015 CES show: Join us Monday (live blog)

Expect a lot of appliance and TV announcements from LG this week.

The South Korean electronics maker unveiled a slew of new televisions at last year's CES, including 12 new ultra-HD screens, and will likely follow suit this year during its press conference at 8 a.m. PT on Monday. It should also show off some of its developments with refrigerators, washing machines and ranges.

LG will unveil its upcoming slate of TVs, home theater products, appliances, and other gadgets as it kicks off Press Day at CES 2015.

cnet's live blog will be here: http://live.cnet.com/Event/LG_press_conference_at_CES_2015

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Mvix Releases webOS App for LG SoC Signage Screens

STERLING, Va., January 4, 2018 (Newswire.com) - Mvix, a leading provider of content-rich digital signage software and solutions, announced the expansion of their device-agnostic platform to include support for LG SoC signage screens. "We couldn't be more excited to announce the release of Mvix for LG webOS," said A. Jay, the Mvix Senior Director of Business Relations."We're big on shifting focus to choice of CMS, support structure, and business model, and LG's SoC displays empower us to do just that." The device-agnostic platform, called Mvix Flex, also includes support for Chrome OS and Android. Mvix Flex gives customers the same Mvix experience on commercial LG SoC displays without the need for an external media player. Customers get the full Mvix experience, in addition to: live video playback, including HDCP encrypted content - any HDMI Input video that is encoded using HDCP, including live TV, will be supported and displayed on the screens remote volume control remote control of the signage screens - by default, screens are set to display content 24/7, but Mvix for LG webOS allows you to remotely turn the screens on and off. This is a feature that's available on Mvix signage players (see it here) that has been extended to webOS support for RTSP (rtsp://), popular in AV for live streaming These features, unique to Mvix for LG webOS, allow the company to deliver a powerful, reliable and secure platform for the signage market. Customers also get a simplified installation and a low total cost of ownership. Such a solution will: reduce maintenance costs minimize points of failure save physical space reduce energy consumption Mvix also released a second webOS solution called Mvix Xpress. Ideal for building directories and menu boards, this solution puts the content creation software SignageCreator on LG displays. The software includes 1000s of templates which can be edited, customized and published remotely. The simple content creation suite includes animations, slideshows, overlapping layers and scrolling text. "Just like with Mvix for Chrome OS, Mvix for LG webOS allows us to expand our ecosystem into international markets," added A. Jay. "LG SoC displays are readily available in Europe and Asia, eliminating the need for shipping and customs. Getting up and running is as easy as downloading the Mvix app and signing in with existing account credentials." Mvix is offering an introductory 90-day free trial of Mvix for LG webOS. To sign up, visit flex.mvixdigitalsignage.com/lg-digital-signage or contact Mvix at [email protected] About Mvix At Mvix, our love for technology drives who we are and what we do. For over a decade, we have been a leading provider of content-rich digital signage software and solutions that connect brands with people. To date, our platform powers over 50,000 active screens for clients including Virginia Tech, NASA, Sodexo, Discovery Channel, TravelCenters of America, and the University of Washington in a variety of applications that include employee communication, wayfinding, emergency messaging, and customer communications. Learn more about Mvix at www.mvixdigitalsignage.com, or give us a call at 703.382.1739.

By Alex, in LG webOS for Signage

• 0 replies
    • LG released the world's largest 88-inch 8K OLED TV to be unveiled at CES 2018

Translated to English via Google Translate from https://www.ettoday.net/news/20180102/1084276.htm   On the eve of the CES, LG Electronics, a technology leader in home appliance products, preemptively released a number of products including the latest 88-inch 8K TV before the launch of CES 2018, but due to the OLED panel The TV has become the world's largest 88-inch 8K OLED TV, is expected to be equipped with the latest WebOS system. LG Electronics' biggest rival, Samsung Electronics, introduced an upgraded version of its quantum dot technology on the new TV product line during CES 2017 and slammed it into the new series of QLED TVs with a 98-inch 8K resolution top-of-the- Press exhibition of the first-line TV brand. From a price point of view, LG's OLED TV is still not Samsung's QLED okay to the United States sold LG 77-inch 4K OLED, for example, priced at 20,000 US dollars, but Samsung's 88-inch 4K QLED TV is also 20,000 US dollars. Perhaps in order to still color, LG Electronics once again pushed its OLED panel technology, the first in the eve of CES 2018 launched 8K resolution OLED TV, and the size will be the world's largest 88-inch, related products, technical details and characteristics Without further explanation, LG has already forecasted that the product will be on display during CES 2018, and further news may be released at that time.

By Alex, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 1 reply
    • Question: Since YouTube went down earlier this week, I can no longer use YouTube app on TV

Hi   Since YouTube went down a couple of days ago, I can no longer use the YouTube app on my LG smart TV.   Anyone know what the issue is or how it can be fixed?   Thanks  

By Jonathan Fairfield, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 2 answers
    • Just bought 43UH7500 last week. Can it have an update to webOS 3.5?

Just bought 43UH7500 last week. It comes with webOS 3.0 Can it have an update to webOS 3.5 like the model in 2017? Customer loyalty will be enhanced if the manufacturer provides such after sales service. 

By exe127, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Just bought 43UH7500 last week. Can it have an update to webOS 3.5?

Just bought 43UH7500 last week. It comes with webOS 3.0 Can it have an update to webOS 3.5 like the model in 2017? Customer loyalty will be enhanced if the manufacturer provides such after sales service. 

By exe127, in LG webOS Wish List

• 0 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Afshinrapka
      Hello friends,
      Please help me
      I have a lg 43lh60200 TV I want to change my country to access blocked apps by my country, if there is any way, please, thanks, thank you.
    • By Youssef Mohamed
      My version is 4.10.4 which says it's the latest to my uhd tv .. I have a problem that picture is faster than sound and I only have option to increase the amount which make it worse .. anyone knows a way that the siftware gives me an option to make this value like -5 or something to have correct lip sync ?
      I use internal speakers.

• By Tobias Claren
      I use Enigma2 for watching TV, recording etc.
      Is WebOS an alternative?
      Enigma2 can:
      Unlimited number of simultaneous recordings.
      Streaming (Intranet and Internet)
      Softcam (for pay-TV card) <= Alternative: support for "Unicam" etc.
      NAS instead of USB HDD.
      Unencrypted recordings.
    • By Alex
      LG Signed a deal with Luxoft yesterday to bring webOS to new verticals such as automotive, robotics, and the smart home. Very interesting development and a clear expansion of how webOS will be used in the future for not only TVs, projectors, and appliances. Below is the press release from the Luxoft website.

Next-generation webOS operating system will target vehicles, robots and smart devices
      IFA, Berlin, GERMANY -- 31 August, 2018 -- Luxoft Holding, Inc (NYSE:LXFT), a global IT service provider, has partnered with LG Electronics Inc., a multinational electronics company, to help create the next generation webOS as part of a strategy to extend its capabilities and ecosystem into the automotive, robotics and smart home verticals.
      LG Electronics has previously deployed webOS in over 60 million LG smart TVs and digital signage displays worldwide and this install base is growing rapidly. As a strategic partner, Luxoft is bringing technical assets as well as experience in designing and deploying software platforms for a wide variety of products and services.
      “Thanks to our collaboration with Luxoft, we are able to bring webOS into automotive and beyond,” said I.P. Park, Chief Technology Officer at LG Electronics. “Luxoft is providing a substantial technological contribution to webOS and has also greatly enhanced our ability to deploy it into new industries.”
      Luxoft will lead the deployment of webOS into the new, targeted sectors, beginning with automotive. Initially focusing on digital cockpit development – which includes infotainment, navigation, and other features that are human-car interaction-centric – Luxoft and LG Electronics also plan to introduce the new platform into the robotics and smart home sectors.
      “We’re already leveraging LG Electronics’ thriving smart TV eco-system to customize and enhance webOS so it provides an innovation canvas for car manufacturers to develop next-generation autonomous vehicles,” said Mikael Söderberg, Senior Technical Director, Automotive at Luxoft. “Having access to webOS and its cloud services platform will enable car makers to design and develop better customer experiences for autonomous mobility services.”
      With both technology and specific industry expertise, the Luxoft and LG partnership is helping provide more ways for businesses across multiple sectors to digitize.
      “Underlying this partnership is a shared desire to make it easier for manufacturers to innovate with technology. This platform gives them the flexibility to make digital changes. This will help accelerate the mobility revolution, improve human-robotic interactions and make smart devices even smarter,” concluded Dmitry Loschinin, President and CEO of Luxoft.