Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

dudelange

NFS share mount

I would like to be able to mount NFS shares (and possibly SAMBA/Windows shares, but these would be too slow to play HD videos ...)  so that I can play videos directly without depending on a DLNA server. This is because the DLNA implemented by LG WebOS is still too primitive and does not allow to play x265 videos.

Here is a problem with such companies... They offer products as if they are smart and you can do many things with them. But it turns out to be they are as dumb as mainstream users look for. I think I will write a blog and distribute it how LG smart TVs are not smart at all.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Connect TV to server via FTP

Hi, I will try to make it short. I have a server abroad (Europe) which I use to upload/download with my family. This server also stores my film collection. I have moved to the US and the server remains in Europe. Therefore I am trying to be able to stream a movie in the US from the server in Europe via my LG smart TV (LG Oled 55 B7A). When I go on the web interface of the server on my tv to access a movie, it tells me I cant download from there. How can I stream (not download, just stream) a movie on my TV from my server located in Europe? Seems simple (in principle) but can't find a way. Thank you

By nicobdx, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 1 answer
    • Question: No sound on live radio but good on youtube videos

C55ln5750 smart tv has ggod sound on youtube videos but zero sound on live radio via radio stafion direct, iheart, streems etc. . I also get out of memory while searching but I have no open apps. lG Canada “Support????” Claims there is not enough memory on-board to handle streaming radio broadcasts so how do they explain my ability to run YouTube videos with music and no drop in signal of video or audio? My iPad mini can broadvast the target station’s live programming with its limited memory and the tv can play movies with sound so what’s the problem with radio broadcasts?   Not Impressed st all!

By Bruce Barnden, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: I can't stream videos

I can't stream videos the page will open but there is no play icon on any video 

By Ramia, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 1 answer
    • Question: Photos and Videos app works unintuitively?

I loaded the Photos & Videos app and was pleased to see a Filter that allowed it to show both Photos AND Videos.  So I applied that Filter (which was probably the default anyway).  I see thumbnails of Photos AND Videos.  So then I clicked on the first thumbnail, which happened to be a video.  When that video finished playing, it went to the next video and so on through all the videos.  I expected it to go to the next Photo OR Video.  In other words I expected it to step through and play the thumbnails as they were displayed by the filter. I don't suppose the LG webOS programmers visit this forum, but if they do, can this feature be changed?  If I just wanted to watch videos, I would have changed the filter to just videos.  Instead it looks like it launches the video player and then goes to the next video.

By Mark Tiede, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: Unable to play FLAC files from PC server

I am unable to play or see any FLAC files from my PC connected in my home network. The Music application does not see at all any FLAC files in the server folders (runnning Windows 10 Pro)., MP3 works fine. Putting FLAC files on an external USB device (like an USB stic) works, but not network sharing. Any suggestions? Model: 43UJ750V Software: 03.60.15 (last version).

By Alessio1989, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 2 answers