Quantcast

NFS share mount

dudelange

I would like to be able to mount NFS shares (and possibly SAMBA/Windows shares, but these would be too slow to play HD videos ...)  so that I can play videos directly without depending on a DLNA server. This is because the DLNA implemented by LG WebOS is still too primitive and does not allow to play x265 videos.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here is a problem with such companies... They offer products as if they are smart and you can do many things with them. But it turns out to be they are as dumb as mainstream users look for. I think I will write a blog and distribute it how LG smart TVs are not smart at all.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

No success with NFS on my oled55b9. So I solved the problem by using DLNA.  I installed minidlna packet on my Debian/Jessie and now I can share my music/video/image without problem. I just regret that the FLAC files (music) are not compatible with webos4.5 Maybe this can help other people. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
    • By Harald Dunkel
      According to the specs my OLED55BX9LB is supposed to run webos 5.0, but the firmware update claims 04.40.15 is the most recent version. How comes?

• By TimtheToolMan
      We just purchased a new LG WebOS TV OLED 65" and running the setup through the app or the TV remote says it can't load the user agreement. This is blocking us from getting to streaming apps like Nexflix or any smart functions like Voice assistant.
      TV worked fine for a few days but voice assistant stopped working and after much effort LG tech said to  Reset to Initial Settings. Now we have mentioned no smart functions. TV is on ethernet and its browser functions on web fine. Tried running off neighbor's wifi with same results.
      Tried switching to different country, unplugging/hold power button for 20 seconds/wait one minute,  resetting TV multiple times, setting up remote again, ...
      Error message: Unable to Load User Agreements  A server error has occurred while downloading  the User Agreements. You must download and agree to the terms of the User Agreements to use this feature or application. Do you want to try to download them again… Unable to Load User Agreements  Sorry, but the User Agreements  can't be downloaded at this time…Please check your internet connection and try again later.    No change when trying over five days.
      Now there is no local company available to service TV. Maybe it's time to send it back and give LG TV a one star rating. I am willing to change motherboards but doubt if LG would go along with that.
      Anyone have any ideas.

• By Matei Fărcaș
      Any word if LG will update their 2013 range to webos, my 42LA620S-ZA is screaming out for webos, gets me mad my tv seems obsolete, give your customers the choice to upgrade, hell I wouldn't mind paying a fee for the update to webos but something tells me my tv is stuck in limbo.
    • By Norbert
      TV model: UK6300PLB (software updated)
      TV connection: ethernet cable doesn't matter, cable or wifi the effect is the same (the system has an obvious bug, when simultaneously connected via cable and wifi - same router, applications cannot connect to the internet)
      PC system: Kubuntu 22.04 (Linux pc 5.15.0-47-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 11 07:51:15 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
      minidlna version: 1.3.0+dfsg-2.1
      Firewall status: doesn't matter, on or off the effect is the same
      The TV sees the DLNA server some time after turning it on, then no more. If I do not start playback within this short time of availability, the dlna server disappears from the list of available sources. If at this time I turn on playback from the computer, then after a long while the video is played seemingly normally, but all player control functions become unavailable, the buttons simply do not respond, and in the list of available inputs there is no longer a dlna server. The minidln logs on the computer show no cause, just an unexpected http connection breakup: upnphttp.c:1082: debug: HTTP Connection closed unexpectedly.
      I checked the availability of the server on several Android devices, everything works fine.