Quantcast

HELP: LG LB65XX TV, reset but cant click 'OK' with magic remote so initial setup halted

ripansays

Question

Hi to all....

MY TV is LB6520 42 inch with firmware v 4.65.XX

From yesterday, suddenly the magic remote stopped working except the cursor was moving on screen & using the wheel on remote channel change was working. All the buttons & clicks stopped working. 

Even my LG blu ray player remote which I use for operating TV on/off, volume, channel change etc. Stopped working. 

But the android LG TV Plus app was working smoothly. So using the app, I reset the TV from 'Settings' menu. Now at primary initialization phase where 'Language' & 'Country' selection is done, I cant click on 'OK' button [as no button/clicks are working on both the remotes]. Screenshot attached. So I struck on this screen & can't proceed.

Is there any other way to perform the clicks for initial setup like using laptop, mouse etc.?

Please Please Hep me.

Note: TV bought from UAE. Now I'm in Bangladesh. Country was set to S Africa. No problem I faced in my 1 year operation of the TV.

- Ripan

post-2258-0-19715400-1440746860_thumb.jpg

post-2258-0-75284300-1440746868_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

I have exactly the same problem. Yesterday appears a message: update NSU firmware, now I cant move or clic the OK button. Any suggestion?

Try the battery change formula.

Though my problem was not solved by battery changing.

I had to repair the magic remote from LG service center with minor service charge (no spare parts reqd. for my remote)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

On 2/14/2016 at 2:56 PM, Mohammad Hussain said:

I have same problem, whereas I removed the magic remote's batteries but is not working now. What is the matter plzzzzzzz help me

bring that magic remote to any LG service center.

they will do it with some minor adjustment in the circuit board inside remote.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by ripansays
still now my magic remote is working well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By David J
      Hi all,

My LG OLED55E7N just updated to firmware 06.00.25. I must have wronged the god of Google, because I fail to find any whatsnew. Anyone?
      Thx
    • By Alex
      UPDATING YOUR FIRMWARE

The firmware that powers your LG Ultra HD 4K Smart TV with webOS should be updated from time to time to enhance your experience and improve its operation. Thankfully, this can be done easily and quickly, right at home.
      Watch this quick video to learn more. Or follow the easy steps below to get started.

HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO UPDATE MY FIRMWARE?
      Firmware updates don't happen frequently, so you should be fine checking for updates every other month.
      HOW DO I CHECK FOR, AND DOWNLOAD, AVAILABLE FIRMWARE UPDATES?
      Before you do anything, make sure you have an Ethernet cord connected directly from your router to your television. Wireless Internet connections are not reliable enough for firmware updates.
      Use this diagram if you need help getting set up:

ONCE YOUR TV HAS A WIRED CONNECTION, DO THE FOLLOWING:
      Press the MENU Click SYSTEM SETTINGS Then ABOUT Then SYSTEM UPDATES You'll be advised that your system is currently up to date or requested to select CHECK NOW for the latest update. If a new version is available, it downloads automatically. FIRMWARE UPDATES WILL ALSO UPDATE LG ULTRA HD 4K SMART TV AND LG APPS AT THE SAME TIME.
    • By AdiLevit
      Hello Everyone
      We bought an LG TV model 43UP75003 in Europe. We want the menu to be in the Hebrew language and also to enjoy unique applications that exist in Israel.
      We entered the Area Option in the technicians menu. And any combination of numbers we entered did not change the region settings.
      I find it hard to believe that a company like LG will allow TV to be converted to any region in the world, and include all the languages of the world as any other brand in the world does, including the Palestine region, but they would not allow it into Hebrew !
      I guess I probably do not find the appropriate code for Israel. which oviessly got Change from previous years,  If there is anything that knows a solution to the issue. We would be happy to receive support.
    • By Luh_camille67
      Sling won't close also local channels wont populate
    • By Webosdev
      I walked through this guide 
      link hidden, please login to view  
      but I got the first problem that the emulator didn't run probably it just shows a blank black page, I tried to launch the application installed from the App Manager, but nothing.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Alex
      Open topic for discussion as we learn more with the announcement yesterday of LG Ads River OS tv operating system and how it differentiates with webOS. Is webOS being replaced?  🤨

VS

• By monish009
      We have signage projects, all over GCC. 
      We are facing issue with Webos tv especially on model 49sm5ke-bj. It is losing connectivity overnight, the displays are left switched on at stores. But on the next day it wouldn't be connected to the Internet and hence the contents are getting corrupted. Always we need to restart the display again or exit and start the app again. 
    • By fade2gray
      Hi,

I can turn the Wi-Fi socket on and off using the Google Home app on my mobile phone by using the voice command "turn socket on" and "turn socket off".
      Using the same commands with Google assistant on the magic remote, will turn the socket on but will not turn it off.

Any advice please?
    • By alizadeh
      Hi, 

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 

In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 

Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards 
      Alizadeh