Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

Better subtitle handling/options (saving Code Page&transparent background)

subtitles encoding code page transparent background outline

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chupo_cro

chupo_cro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHrvatska

Posted October 29, 2014 - 04:10 PM

I have LB650V webOS TV and it is very annoying having to reselect the (Latin 2) subtitle encoding (Code Page) every time when playing the movie. Absolutely no excuse not to save the last used choice for the subtitle Code Page so I hope it will be implemented in the future firmware updates.

And one more thing about the subtitles: the options to turn on the transparent background and/or the character outlines has to be done - to improve the readability.

#2 mixi

mixi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 03:46 AM

Hello, chupo_cro. Update your TV firmware and Code Page will be saved, and every next playing it will be like last time.

Best regards,

Milan

#3 chupo_cro

chupo_cro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHrvatska

Posted October 30, 2014 - 07:00 AM

Hello, chupo_cro. Update your TV firmware and Code Page will be saved, and every next playing it will be like last time.

Best regards,

Milan

So the Code Page choice saving has already been solved? Nice to hear :-) I have disabled automatic SW updates because I wanted to first read the changelog and wait to see the user reports but couldn't find any changelogs :-/ So I am still using firmware 03.23.13 shipped with the TV. I can see the latest firmware is 4.30.16 - can you confirm this FW didn't introduce some new bugs? For example, with 03.23.13 web browser often suddenly just restarts.

Do you maybe know if SW update can mess up some settings (e.g. calibration settings)?

Thank you for your reply

#4 chupo_cro

chupo_cro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHrvatska

Posted November 01, 2014 - 11:39 AM

Update your TV firmware and Code Page will be saved, and every next playing it will be like last time.

You were right - after updating the firmware to 04.30.16 the Code Page option remembers the (last used) state. I've also noticed new icon design, sooner disappearing notifications after inserting/removing the USB stick, more info in the About menu (MAC addresses), faster responding menus/options and faster previewing contents of the removable drives.

Unfortunately web browser still sometimes restarts when browsing the pages. However, it now restarts with 'Out of memory' error code (before there wasn't any error reports).

I hope the transparent subtitle background and subtitle outline options will be implemented in the near future.

And there is one more thing about the subtitle handling - I believe it's so important it deserves a separate thread so I am going to open a new topic...

#5 sensehack

sensehack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted November 06, 2014 - 05:33 AM

I would like to point that all my video files have "apost;" text everywhere in between , would like to get rid of that in future updates firmware.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: subtitles, encoding, code page, transparent background, outline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users