Quantcast

My LG 55UB850T-TA something wrong.....

Chung Chee Yin

Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By infiniter
      Hello! I‘m a guy from Germany who bought his first time ever LG TV, the OLED55G19LA. Coming from a Samsung UE49KS7090 I actually expected the LG to be as good as the Samsung in regards of user interface and handling, but it‘s way worse. Well, gotta live with that. But since using it for about two weeks now, I noticed a few things. Since in my job I‘m a software tester (not for TVs, but software for users is software for users), I think I kinda have an eye for things and how they are supposed to be or not. 
      Since there is only a wishlist forum and no „report your bugs here“ forum, I‘ll post my bugs directly here in hope some developer will record them on the bug tracking list.
      1. Bug: Timers. When gaming on my PS5, the TV suddenly came up with ‚will switching off in 5 minutes‘. So I deactivated that timer which was on by default (why??), just to see the same message appearing again after another 4 hours (yes, on weekends gaming sessions can be long). I think this is a typical software developer flaw. The running timer isn‘t canceled when switching that option off.
      2. Bug: Youtube app. When playing videos from a playlist with auto-play activated and commercials come in the middle of a video, after using the „Skip ad“ button it would randomly jump to another video, which isn‘t on the playlist. This only happens when I connect from within thr Youtube app on my iPad to my TV, select videos on the iPad which would put them onto the playlist of the TV. The TV would start playing, a commercial come and zing!, you‘re out of your currently watched video.
      3. Unwanted behavior: when starting the TV, it would also wake my NAS. This isn‘t necessary. It should only wake it when I open the media player app.
      4. Missing option „Start where you left off last time“: when shutting down the TV while Youtube or Netflix are running, I‘d expect it to come up again the same way. But this only happens randomly or not at all.
      5. Bug: HDMI CEC. My A/V receiver is on the HDMI(ARC) port. The LG deteced it as Denon Sound Bar (how??). Switching it on together with the TV only sometimes works. Switching it off doesn‘t work at all. What works nicely is loudness control.
      6. Bug: Audio interrupts. When playing a video in the media player, streaming Netflix or gaming on PS5, which is directly  connected to the TV, the audio stream via ARC would randomly be interrupted for about one second while the video continues neatlessly. I never had such with the Samsung TV. Totally new and extremely annoying bug.
      7. Controversial topic: DTS audio. I learned that LG doesn‘t decode DTS in files played from the media player. But passing it through is not decoding and I don‘t think that LG would need a DTS licence to just pass it through. Of course the question would be „Why not even passing it through?“. The Samsung I used before could do that. Well, this one’s five years old and I know that current models also don‘t support DTS anymore, but perhaps they pass it through.
    • By Osvaldo Travassos
      Bought a 65SM8200PLA only a  month ago! 
      Last Friday, the TV asked if I would like to update and I said Yes. So far so good but after the update the TV started showing several problems. Turning ON the TV takes forever! The LG logo appears briefly and the screen turns black. After 90 seconds the magic remote can be operated. Two minutes after its possible to access the HOME page. Several seconds later we can select HDMI and finally watch TV. The whole process takes about 5 minutes.
      The applications also take longer to start.
      I've tried a factory reset but no improvement.  Installed SURE app to try and force the installation of the same version file in case something went wrong the first time but the TV does not find the file. The SOFTWARE UPDATE page only comes up for maybe a second and crashes sending the TV to HDMI.
      I've browsed the internet trying to find a similar problem or a solution but found nothing so far. I believe downgrading the OS would solve the problem. Any ideas on how to solve this nuisance?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By Mihai B.
      Hello,   I've read on the XPLAY forum about various problems with the latest version, so I decided to postpone the update until the issues are solved. I really don't know where the problem is but the developer said: "They have approved a quiet old version what has no online update functionality and the only way to fix anything or add new functionality is to send it to LG QA team … but they arrrrr soooooo much slow. Ive send them (on several days ago) version latest dev version with online update functionality. It will allow me to react to bugs much faster …"   My setup is: TV: LG 55EG920V, WebOS 2.0, Software version 04.25.70 XPLAY: 20180322.1.2.8 (ONLINE) PLEX: 1.13.8.5395   The version available for update in LG content store is 2.189.171 (08.10.2018). Many users complained they couldn't login anymore after upgrading to this version.   Could you please tell me what is the correct version should I update and when it'll be available for my TV? Also, is there any way to skip this update?  I just want to avoid an accidental update which would broke the functionality...   Kind regards,
    • By Andrew
      I'm still unable to use my TV on webOS, 55EG920v, I bought about 4 month ago. Lagy, crazy, stupid webOS, which is full of bugs, a lot of forum members has reported about. About 4 month I have it, no problems were solved by LG. Only new problems appears! It seems to me, that some of you guys, had a same problems, and really disappointed about webOS. And not only due to webOS only, but also due to LG seems to be unable to solve that problems, or just wont do nothing.

Let's start to collect votes on a petition to force LG, to do something with that crap, they called webOS! If we have for example 40 or 50 users, disappointed with all of lags and bugs of the webOS, we can write to LG collective letter, asking them to do finally something with that crap full of bugs, what you think? If they unable to do nothing, - lets they change OS to Android TV, does anyone agrees?

• By Neven Ćurić
      I have my 50LB670V set te auto set time and date. It detects my location fine and time zone is set to Zagreb/Croatia. Unfortunately time is wrong. It is like Summer time is not activated and everything is 1h behind. Time and EPG. If I set time manually to correct value then only EPG is 1h behind which makes it unusable.
      Fix that please.