Quantcast

CX Display Input Issue

Question

Does anyone else have an issue with the CX not displaying inputs after an input selection change?

I found a YouTube video discussing this issue: 

and in one of the comments, someone recommended disabling the Quick Select+ option; someone else suggested disabling the AMD Freesync option to fix the issue.

I did both and that seems to correct the issue, but these are features that I paid for.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Just wondering if I have a defective unit.

Thanks,

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

@Greg Bryant Most likely a firmware bug, and complex timing issue.  New features are often buggy for a while until all the variations (changing standards, one device/input not playing nice with the TV

Model: OLED65CXPUA Just updated to firmware 03.21.16 yesterday, Jan 18 2021 I had Quick Select+ disabled (that was an apparent workaround).  I re-enabled it after this firmware update.

2 answers to this question

@Greg Bryant Most likely a firmware bug, and complex timing issue.  New features are often buggy for a while until all the variations (changing standards, one device/input not playing nice with the TV, or not following proper, published standards, causing possible unexpected problems and timing issues - sometimes called a "race condition").

Have you checked that your CX model has the latest firmware? I thought I had seen that was fixed one a recent update? What is your EXACT model, and what firmware do you have?

Edited by td47
typo
  • Like 1

Model: OLED65CXPUA

Just updated to firmware 03.21.16 yesterday, Jan 18 2021

I had Quick Select+ disabled (that was an apparent workaround).  I re-enabled it after this firmware update.

Hopefully, no more issues.  I tired to find 'release notes' on this firmware update but all I could find was that this was a fix for HDR brightness levels during gaming (or something similar).

Thanks for the quick response.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By alizadeh
      Hi, 

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 

In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 

Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards 
      Alizadeh 

• By Esteban Díaz
      After recent update my browser changed, now, it looks better and fluid but control play and pause buttons don't work in browser video player anymore.
      Is there a way to fix it? Maybe a downgrade?
      It is really annoying can not play and pause the videos

• By KevinH
      I just got a new TV (43UN7000PUB) and can’t get HomeKit to work properly.  It works fine when the TV is on but won’t work when the TV is off.
      I have seen several threads on this and done some research but did not find a resolution.
      I read several threads that blamed it on the Magic Remote and Bluetooth.  This TV does not have the Magic Remote so I think that can be ruled out.
      One thread pointed out that when the TV is off it loses it’s LAN connection and it’s WI-FI connection and said that could be the problem.  I can confirm this is true with mine as well.  This argument makes perfect sense to me as all connections would be lost when the TV is off.  
      If anyone can help I’d surely appreciate it.
      One thread said the problem was fixed with a FW update.  But that was with a different model and a different FW than mine.  As I recall from memory it was something like FW xx.35.10 and it was a 55” or 65” TV.  My firmware says it is current with version 3.21.36.
      Maybe a moderator could confirm the firmware fix already exists for this issue.  If so, could you please see that it gets pushed out to all HomeKit TVs instead of just that single model?
      Thanks in advance for any help or comments.  
    • By neisman
      On my oled55bxpua, how do I use Bluetooth connected to my hearing aids and internal speakers at the same time?
      Currently if I use Bluetooth, the internal speakers are turned off. This happens even if I choose Bluetooth + Internal speakers.
      In this case I am the only one who can hear the TV.
    • By Nimazh
      I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 13. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IL.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Vetald
      tell me what the problem is, nanocell 916, in the dolby vision format, the image flickers. in other modes this is not the case. video enclosed,.
    • By Vetald
      what's new for tv in this update? Does it need to be installed or will it degrade the software capabilities of the TV?
    • By MinakshiSamvedi
      I can't connect my google home hub to my smart tv(UK6360PTE) don't say, it doesn't support it because it has an inbuilt Google assistant and also the model no is mentioned on the LG website containing the list of supported models. It's a 2018 model. The app named "connect tv to Google assistant" is missing from the home screen. I tried to be over smart (LOL) and asked the voice command for the app it said opening the "connect tv to Google assistant" app and redirected me to the app store but it said not available.
      HELP ME... 
    • By jaculson
      I have a LG TV model: 47LB652V-ZA, webOS version 1.4.0-2523 (afro-ashley). Why isn't Spotify supported for this TV if its from 2014 and it says that devices from 2013 and onwards will be supported