Quantcast

Discovery Plus

dagarwal82

Question

Hi Web OS LG Team,

I have two LG smart TV's and neither of them support the Discovery Plus app as it is not available on your platform. Any chance when this will be available on the webos?

I feel that webos contains many apps which are not useful and it also lacks some very basic and popular apps. As a user I feel very restricted for choices.

2 answers to this question

5 hours ago, dagarwal82 said:

Hi Web OS LG Team,

I have two LG smart TV's and neither of them support the Discovery Plus app as it is not available on your platform. Any chance when this will be available on the webos?

I feel that webos contains many apps which are not useful and it also lacks some very basic and popular apps. As a user I feel very restricted for choices.

Hi @dagarwal82

Unfortunately this is a user-to-user forum and the site is not affiliated with LG.  If you or other users want an app produced for the webOS platform the people you need to talk to are the Discover Channel themselves, because as a rule of thumb LG do not create apps for the platform.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Phil7108
      We recently subscribed to Paramount Plus to catch up on episodes we lost when our COX CONTOUR DVR died. Frequently when streaming an episode,the playback will suddenly freeze. If we try to go back, using the "undo" key, we can sometimes get the playback to resume, but it has rewound abp=out 10 minutes. After resuming playback, it will frequently freeze again. My wife is so frustrated, she wants to cancel Paramount. Any suggestions appreciated!
    • By PAPat
      I can’t find/get the paramount plus app on my OLED55B6P tv. Help! Thanks to DIRECTV that’s how,I have to watch the Super Bowl.
    • By ReneVlEugel
      I own a LG HU85LS very happy with that but now I don't see the Disney plus app. 
      Where an when can I get it?
    • By Alex
      Discovery+, the company’s subscription streaming service, is filling in some holes in its distribution lineup through a new agreement with LG.
      The app is now available on LG smart TVs in the U.S. including the company’s lineup of OLED TVs and QNED MiniLED TVs dating back to 2018 models. Users can now access discovery+ on LG’s webOS platform by saying "discovery plus" into their LG Magic Remote.
      Discovery+, which sells for $4.99 per month or $6.99 per month with no ads, is also available on Android and iOS devices, Android TV, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung and Xbox.
      "We are thrilled to expand the availability of discovery+ and provide LG customers a direct and easy way to stream our much-loved brands, series and talent," said Gabriel Sauerhoff, senior vice president of digital distribution and commercial partnerships for Discovery, Inc., in a statement. "The announcement of discovery+ on LG Smart TVs builds upon our existing relationship with a valued partner, and we look forward to the continued growth of discovery+ and reaching more fans around the world."
      The launch on LG TVs comes just one day after Discovery announced that Discovery+ will be available in Canada beginning October 18. The service will be priced at Can$4.99 per month, with an ad-free version available for Can$6.99 per month, and each account will include up to five user profiles and four concurrent streams.
      Discovery Inc. is currently in the process of merging with WarnerMedia, which will be spun off from AT&T. In August, Discovery CEO David Zaslav said he was recently in Washington, D.C. and didn’t pick up on any potential headwinds for the deal that will bring together HBO Max and Discovery+ under one banner.
      “There’s broad support for this transaction. We haven’t heard any pushback, we haven’t seen any public pushback,” he said. “Right now, it feels for us on every level like we’re seeing green lights. We’re not seeing any yellow or red lights.”
      Discovery and AT&T expect the deal to close by mid-2022.
      Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view Discovery+ is available in Canada as of October 18.

• By alfie
      Disney plus unable to play videos error code:PB_WEBOS_DR-6006_Invalidstateerror: Unfulfilled promise rejected automatically during destruction.
  • Similar Tagged Content