Quantcast

Screensaver Options

eespinosa64

Question

Hello. I installed an app on my LG C9 called ArtHola. It is a gallery app that changes chosen artwork on the screen. Unfortunately, LG's fireworks screen saver comes on after a minute. Is there a way to disable that? Or is there a way to make that ArtHola app send a signal to the TV to keep the fireworks from coming on? I know that when I have my Nvidia Shield TV's screensaver come on, the TV never interrupts that.

2 answers to this question

@eespinosa64 The Shield TV is HDMI cable connected, so the actual TV will be acting differently when that is active, as it will be sending an "active stream" to the TV all the time, even if a static image.  However, when you have a TV APP active in the WebOS, a static artwork image will be detected by the screensaver timer. If you can configure ArtHola to display a changing set of images, that changes each one in just under the minute timer, you might stop the internal screensaver kicking in. If that does not work, reach out to the ArtHola developers on their web-site, to see if they have a suggestion.

On 1/6/2021 at 6:48 AM, td47 said:

@eespinosa64 The Shield TV is HDMI cable connected, so the actual TV will be acting differently when that is active, as it will be sending an "active stream" to the TV all the time, even if a static image.  However, when you have a TV APP active in the WebOS, a static artwork image will be detected by the screensaver timer. If you can configure ArtHola to display a changing set of images, that changes each one in just under the minute timer, you might stop the internal screensaver kicking in. If that does not work, reach out to the ArtHola developers on their web-site, to see if they have a suggestion.

Thank you for your reply.  The ArtHola app changes images about every 12 seconds. That is still not enough to keep the internal screensaver for coming on, unfortunately. A simple option on LG's part could have prevented this.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.