Quantcast

Use external subtitles for netflix

Petar

Question

4 answers to this question

That's interesting because TV's with android have this funcionality however it is only available for android. This is why I ask, because I want to know what you have developed for this purpose. Netflix supports only 6 languages. It's not serious to ask Netflix since there are around 40 languages world wide and they cant have subtitles for all of them. However in the internet you can find subtitle for every language. And since Android has a solution I just want to know whether you have as well. Because Android supports many applications, much more than any other operating system, but for some reason you dont want to use android in your TV.

@Petar FYI:

1) LG TV's use WebOS, NOT Android, that is why the name of this peer-to-peer forum is LGWebOS).

2) This forum may have the name LG in it, but it is used just to identify the subject matter for enthusiasts to help other users. It has NO affiliation with LG at all, and they do NOT participate in any support issues, or comments made here.

Your last post seemed to be assuming that this site IS part of LG, and that "we" could help in some way. Sorry that is not the case, but some users on here may be able to suggest workarounds for issues, and provide technical expertise, but that is the limit of what we can do.

By the way, are you saying that you had an Android TV, and it DOES provide external speech driven Close Captions to the Neflix Player, provided "on-the-fly" via an internet connection?

It does not provide subtitles on the fly. The web app Substital finds subtitles from a database for the specific movie and plays them. If I could download the subtitles myself and insert them via USB in the TV for example this could also be a solution.