Use external subtitles for netflix

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

That's interesting because TV's with android have this funcionality however it is only available for android. This is why I ask, because I want to know what you have developed for this purpose. Netflix supports only 6 languages. It's not serious to ask Netflix since there are around 40 languages world wide and they cant have subtitles for all of them. However in the internet you can find subtitle for every language. And since Android has a solution I just want to know whether you have as well. Because Android supports many applications, much more than any other operating system, but for some reason you dont want to use android in your TV.

@Petar FYI:

1) LG TV's use WebOS, NOT Android, that is why the name of this peer-to-peer forum is LGWebOS).

2) This forum may have the name LG in it, but it is used just to identify the subject matter for enthusiasts to help other users. It has NO affiliation with LG at all, and they do NOT participate in any support issues, or comments made here.

Your last post seemed to be assuming that this site IS part of LG, and that "we" could help in some way. Sorry that is not the case, but some users on here may be able to suggest workarounds for issues, and provide technical expertise, but that is the limit of what we can do.

By the way, are you saying that you had an Android TV, and it DOES provide external speech driven Close Captions to the Neflix Player, provided "on-the-fly" via an internet connection?

It does not provide subtitles on the fly. The web app Substital finds subtitles from a database for the specific movie and plays them. If I could download the subtitles myself and insert them via USB in the TV for example this could also be a solution.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By jaculson
      I have a LG TV model: 47LB652V-ZA, webOS version 1.4.0-2523 (afro-ashley). Why isn't Spotify supported for this TV if its from 2014 and it says that devices from 2013 and onwards will be supported
    • By News Reporter
      LG Opens Popular Platform and Integrated Content Services to
      Manufacturers to Deliver Better TV Experience to Even More Consumers

SEOUL, Feb. 24, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announces the availability of its popular webOS TV platform ecosystem to other TV brand partners, disrupting the status quo in an industry known for its proprietary operating systems across different manufacturers. LG is now expanding its expertise beyond TV manufacturing to encompass webOS TV software platform development and adoption by other TV brands. This has the potential to reshape the TV business for both technology and content providers while significantly growing LG’s presence and prominence in the global home entertainment market.
      As an integral component of LG’s preeminent home entertainment ecosystem, webOS has delivered exceptional ease of use for LG TV owners through its intuitive interface design since 2014. Licensees of webOS TV receive the familiar and highly acclaimed UX design along with a rich pool of features such as voice search and control, integrated AI algorithms and easy connectivity that have earned webOS positive industry and consumer accolades. With LG webOS TV, partners also get a diversity of content options including access to global streaming service apps such as Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video and sports streaming service DAZN as well as LG Channels, the company’s free premium content streaming service.* Compatible TV models also include the dedicated Magic Motion remote controller.
      Over twenty TV manufacturers from around the world have already committed to the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka with more partners expected to join in the future. The webOS ecosystem is supported by technology partners such as Realtek, Nuance, Gracenote, CEVA and Universal Electronics, among many others.
      “The webOS platform is one of the easiest and most convenient way to access millions of hours of movies and TV shows,” said Park Hyoung-sei, president of the LG Home Entertainment Company. “By welcoming other manufacturers to join the webOS TV ecosystem, we are embarking on a new path that allows many new TV owners to experience the same great UX and features that are available on LG TVs. We look forward to bringing these new customers into the incredible world of webOS TV.”
      # # #
      * Content app availability vary by region.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By DaleeW
      We recently purchased an LG Oled TV:  OLED55B6P

We tried to access our photo library in Google Photos using the LG's web browser. We initially got access but after a few minutes we were kicked out and a message advised that we had to "Update the Browser" and links to the major browsers appeared. When we selected any of the browsers and attempted to upload a browser update we were informed by another message the this tv "Does not support downloads".  We can no longer open Google Photos.   Other sites seem to be accessible through the browser - the only one we can't access it seems - is Google Photos.
      Questions:
      1.  How do we update the LG's browser so that we can access Google Photos?
      2.  Is there any other way to access Google Photos?
      Our computer is an iMac and we have iPads and iPhones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    • By Lgoled65pau
      My 1 yr. old LG OLED “Smart” tv is anything but smart. I should have bought a Samsung. Why can’t the software engineers in this hapless company keep updating new apps such as AT&T Now  streaming service. Must I buy a Roku or Firestick to get that subscription? LG is a pathetic company. 
    • By bluesbones
      Oled65CX6LA  shows no subtitles when playing movie from NAS only if audio format from the movie is not supported, like DTS.
      If audio format is supported, like AC3 then the TV shows subtitles.
      So there is in the software a link with the audio format and  subtitles.
      Like: 
      If audio format is supported then show subtitles (SRT)
      If audio format is not supported then show NO subtiles.
      It would be nice if this link in the software would be removed

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Chandra Vravi
      Undeniably hotstar is the worst user interface app in my new LG smart tv...browsing the app is a headache...can't turn on English subtitles for regional language shows and movies, where we can do in mobile app. My webos is 5. 0 version, still I am facing the issue...very dissapointed in hotstar and LG tv..
    • By powder
      Hello friends,
      I have setup a home network in Windows 10, I think it uses DLNA. I can play all the files from the computer or the USB stick in the router with no issue but the external subtitles (correctly named) are not working in my 65C9, only internal ones. 
      If I access the same files in the network from a computer, there is no problem and subtitles are shown, it's only the TV not displaying them.
      Can someone help in how to make external subs work when played from a local network or what to check?

Thanks

• By fli na
      Netflix app just disappear on LG smart Tv.... [LG] WebOS TV LH590V
    • By Nashbarry
      After switching to a new modem, the "Netflix" button on the LGSmartTV remote will not connect to the app. (I cana get to Netflix via the cable box app, on same TV, or even Apple TV, but not the easy LG remote button.  NO FAQ suggestions seem to fix it.   What to do?