Quantcast

Streaming TV Apps please

Spencer Cook

I Bought a 

link hidden, please login to view
 after having massive hassles with a Philips TV and BBC iPlayer, ITV player etc.
A friend recommended LG, so I bought one.

NOW I find while you have iPlayer, ITV, Ch4, Ch5 players AREN'T available for my 2020 edition TV.

Is this going to be resolved or will I be returning the TV?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

That's not true. I have the UK streaming apps, iPlayer, ITVHub, My5 and, until last weekend, All4. Now All4 does not work - I have deleted the app and re-installed it but it doesn't start at all, I get error T006. All the other UK streaming services still work, and Netflix. What could be causing that All 4 error? Some licensing agreement? Why not just say that and not quote error T006?

When I bought my LG the only questions I asked were about downloading apps from the Internet. The store assistant assured me that I could - not exactually lying through his teeth, I asked the wrong questions -  whilst never mentioning the "LG Content Store" and that restriction.  If I had known that I could not download any and all apps, I would never have bought  this stupid "LG smart TV" - that restriction is not mentioned in any LG marketing literature which must surely contravene EU law.  In my opinion, calling such LG TVs "smart TVs" is false advertising. 

If there are licensing agreements impeding consumers enjoyment of their so-called "smart TVs",

a,) then LG has to inform its customers before purchase, and I suspect not doing so is illegal under EU law (if my All4 doesn't reappear I will consult a lawyer - I live in the EU, therefore outside the UK)

b.) why does LG  supply 4 IPTV browsers  in its "Content Store"?

A different question; why doesn't the "LG Content Store" include at least one VPN?

I have lots of doubts about WebOS - it's not user-friendly and I suspect riddled with bugs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.
    • By NickL
      Hi,
      I recently bought an LG UK6500PLA TV (my first LG), but I have a difficult time streaming content (Wifi connected), e.g. Netflix series is streaming in low resolution.  The router is only 10 feet away from TV (but ethernet is not an option) and uses a 5GH frequency range.
      I have tried making a speed test at fast.com, for both the TV (through the Webbrowser) and for my laptop and iPhone. The speed test for TV showed 2.5 Mbps and my laptop and iPhone showed 110 Mbps. Can there really be such a big difference? I am starting to wonder if this might be a warranty issue?
      Do any of you guys have experience with bad Wifi reception on your LG TV or have any suggestions on how to fix it? 

Br,
      Nick
    • By AlP
      Please add above apps to WebOS
    • By willjim
      I have recently purchased a qned 99 and I can’t see how to close apps running in the back ground like I was able to do with other lg TVs I have.
      The tv is running the latest version webos and obviously tried YouTube for the answer which only seems to say holding down the home button but all this seems to do is open the last app I was using.
      any ideas gratefully received.
    • By Succubus
      Hi all.

I've been very happy with my LG OLED but recently the WebOS updated (to the version with square tiles for Apps); and I can no longer work out how to close Apps.

This is important because I need to close down Apps like Youtube, NOW TV, etc because if I don't, I then have connection problems with other devices (DHCP perhaps), such as my Xbox. The only way to get around this at the moment seems to be "hard resetting" the TV; i.e. turning the TV off completely at the wall (not easy to get to), before trying to boot up an Xbox or similar. This seems to clear the Apps/connections.

It works fine if I was just using the TV for freeview. It's only after streaming something.

I used to accomplish this by going to "Recent" and then closing Apps individually. I can't find a way to close Apps now - is there a way in the new WebOS?

Thanks.