Streaming TV Apps please

Spencer Cook

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

That's not true. I have the UK streaming apps, iPlayer, ITVHub, My5 and, until last weekend, All4. Now All4 does not work - I have deleted the app and re-installed it but it doesn't start at all, I get error T006. All the other UK streaming services still work, and Netflix. What could be causing that All 4 error? Some licensing agreement? Why not just say that and not quote error T006?

When I bought my LG the only questions I asked were about downloading apps from the Internet. The store assistant assured me that I could - not exactually lying through his teeth, I asked the wrong questions -  whilst never mentioning the "LG Content Store" and that restriction.  If I had known that I could not download any and all apps, I would never have bought  this stupid "LG smart TV" - that restriction is not mentioned in any LG marketing literature which must surely contravene EU law.  In my opinion, calling such LG TVs "smart TVs" is false advertising. 

If there are licensing agreements impeding consumers enjoyment of their so-called "smart TVs",

a,) then LG has to inform its customers before purchase, and I suspect not doing so is illegal under EU law (if my All4 doesn't reappear I will consult a lawyer - I live in the EU, therefore outside the UK)

b.) why does LG  supply 4 IPTV browsers  in its "Content Store"?

A different question; why doesn't the "LG Content Store" include at least one VPN?

I have lots of doubts about WebOS - it's not user-friendly and I suspect riddled with bugs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.