Quantcast

Hello,

I have a weird issue with movies encoded in 3840x2076 resolution on my LG EG920V (WbOS2.0). Somehow the TV doesn't properly handle this resolution. As you can see in the attached picture half the screen is noisy with a green horizontal bar at the bottom. I tried to play the same file (.mkv) from PLEX (Xplay/Plex), EMBY(Emby Theatre/Screenplay), as well as directly from USB HDD - the same result. The conclusion, TV's internal player can't handle 2076 vertical resolution.

As an workaround I added horizontal black bars on top/bottom (42px each) with ffmpeg, but it's a very very slow process - on my AMD Ryzen 7 3700U (8 cores) it runs ~1fps. Anyway the result 3840x2160 runs without issue.

Is there any fix for this issue?

Kind regards,

IMG-20201212-WA0003.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
      Hey there,  I have had a  OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but

I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.

I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.

anyone know how to fix?
    • By anton de Freitas
      Has the lan disconnection reconnection issue been resolved
    • By slee
      I bought a new webos lg tv. I like the style, integration and simplicity of it. Only I miss one feature that I would expect on a new smart TV and that is a picture-in-picture (pip) feature. I understand that's a new platform for tv and some features are still new or in development.
      I hope this feature would be on an future update. Could we make a request on the development team of LG?
    • By Voo Poo
      Hello,
      LG TV running v 05.10.30 
      When I hit my Home button, it shows me a list all my apps.  AirPlay keeps showing up.  So I delete it.  Next time I turn on the TV is back.
      I do not have the app installed  'My Apps'.
      Any idea why it keeps showing up?
      I would like to remove it permanently, or unless I want it.
      Suggestions?
      Thanks,
      tV
    • By Mak
      Hi everyone. I have a LG 49U67V TV. 
      I updated my internet connection to  fiber 100Mbps. My new router  uses both 2.4 & 5.0GHz frequencies. With my mobile phone I check my Internet speed with fast.com and it is 100Mbps. My TV connected also via WiFi in the same network can't reach with fast.com more than 12Mbps. What is the problem? Does my TV not support higher speeds? 
      If I change the router settings to transmit only in the 2.4GHz frequency, would something change? Would I loose speed in other devices such us my laptop and phones? 
      No can't connect via cable to the router. And I'm afraid to pay 50€ or more for a power connection 
      I tried something else. I connected my  tplink WiFi range extender and then via ethernet cable my TV to this range extender. The problem here is that also the range extender can't reach more than 15 Mbps of speed. I tried to conect my phone to the extender and the result was the same the extender did not achieve more than 15Mbps in fast.com. So the extender had also issues achieving the speed of the ne router