Quantcast

LG UN 7350 PTA auto Wifi connection is takes approx. 4 minutes to WIFI router/hotspots

Hi All,

Purchased LG UN 7350PTA 43 inch tv 7 days back. 

Steps for reproduce

1. Configure TV WIFI with WIFI router

2. Turned off TV

3. Turned on TV

4. Takes approx. 4 minutes to auto connect WIFI, at that WIFI searching time, i did not even seen any WIFI name, it populated  all WIFI available after 4 minutes.

Contacted LG Customer care, He told it takes  4 minutes to connect WIFI. nowadays Mobile phone is takes approx. 30 seconds  to connect WIFI. 

Note: tried with mobile hotspots, it is same behavior. it could be SW issue from LG TV. Reset TV 2 times but no luck

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, Yes, mine issue resolved after setting 8.8.8.8 DNS server. You can try at your end and check it is working for you. This LG web os issue. I think they will fix soon. I already reported t

Posted Images

@Vijay Kumbhani If you check your smart phone WiFi "bars" in the room where the TV is located  (NOT the phone network signal bars), does the strengh look "good" (i.e. all arc lines), or just a couple highlighted?

Is the TV using a 2.4GHz band, or a 5GHz band?  Which is the best/strongest signal in the TV room?  What channels are those bands using (log into the router, go to config -> WiFi -> advanced settings to check). If on defaults (say 1 and 100), change them to channel 8 for the 2.4GHz, and 36 for the 5GHz, and ensure that the SSID names are 8 characters or less, with NO special characters in the name.

The router make and model would be useful to know.

Hi 

Thanks for reply,  I given remote support to LG customer care executive. They said setting are fine and good. They said it takes approx. =~ 4 minutes to connect Wi-Fi, that answer is not valid.  explained LG customer care, can check wifi on your smartphone, it takes less than 1 minute to connect. 

I observed few things, One TV power on, I  went to Connection  -> WIFI Connection, it shows cursor stuck even didn't turned off WIFI at that time, I will need to wait approx. =~ 4 minutes after that I will change WIFI settings. I think, This is Web Os Bug.  

Is the TV using a 2.4GHz band, or a 5GHz band? 

I think 2.5 GHZ

Which is the best/strongest signal in the TV room?

strongest

BTW, attached Image

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-11 at 10.34.54 AM.jpeg

I think actually I found issue, it looks like web os SW issue.

Open Netflix on Tv after TV on. But Netflix is playing video after 30 seconds at that time Network WIFI option is in waiting for connect to internet. 

Rest of all apps except Netflix working.

Once Network WIFI option show connected to internet after that all apps work.

It looks like, rest of the all apps is checking network status of Web OS SDK.

@Vijay Kumbhani The picture does no really show us anything, other than the TV settings UI is waiting. Did you check with your smartphone as requested in my previous post, to see the strength of the WiFi arc/bars ICON at the top of your phone, when near the TV? Do you know if the 2.4Ghz and 5GHz WiFi bands are using the same SSID name, or have different names on your router? Some routers have them the same, which makes it difficult to know which band you various devices are connected to. The signal strength   by the TV would be useful to know . How far is the TV from the router by the way?

If you have a Windows 7 or 8.1, or Windows 10 laptop, download the excellent utility from NIRSOFT, called WiFiInfoView, that will give you details of ALL reachable WiFi routers and SSID names "near" you. Of course the strongest signals are going to be the ones from YOUR router, and even if the SSID names are the same for both bands, this utility will show your both, and the strength and quality of the signals for both bands. It is also useful to find if your neighbours routers are using the same channels, so you can check your router, log in and change the channels to ones with less interference (see my earlier post reproduced below for suggestions on that).

link hidden, please login to view

NOTE: the download link is about three-quarters of the way down the page. When downloaded, unzip the ZIP file into its own empty location, then double-click on the .EXE file inside your newly created folder for that program.

In case you missed it, here is my previous recommendation to follow, and suggested WiFi channel numbers to try. Also, if yo have a very old router, that could be your issue (e.g. an N600), so please post the make and model of your router).

"If you check your smart phone WiFi "bars" in the room where the TV is located  (NOT the phone network signal bars), does the strength look "good" (i.e. all arc lines), or just a couple highlighted?

Is the TV using a 2.4GHz band, or a 5GHz band?  Which is the best/strongest signal in the TV room?  What channels are those bands using (log into the router, go to config -> WiFi -> advanced settings to check). If on defaults (say 1 and 100), change them to channel 8 for the 2.4GHz, and 36 for the 5GHz, and ensure that the SSID names are 8 characters or less, with NO special characters in the name.

The router make and model would be useful to know."

@Vijay Kumbhani Are you saying that by changing the DNS server to  8.8.8.8 fixed your slow WiFi startup? 

If your router DNS service is set to that (8.8.8.8 primary with 4.4.4.4 as secondary DNS server), then the default in the TV would be to use the routers setting, that should use what the router is using anyway.

The automatic settings leave it to use your ISP DNS services, which is not always the most secure or safest thing to do.  If you are saying that the default setting in the TV is slow (and you have your router already set up for 8.8.8.8/4,4,4,4), but using 8.8.8.8 in the TV DIRECTLY (i.e. specifically defining it there) stops the slowness issue, then that is definitely a buggy situation with the LG TV WiFi  DNS usage and operation.  Unless of course you have some unusual or special advanced DNS settings in your router, or you have IPV6 services enabled, or an IPV6 server setup (not normally necessary for Home Networks).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Sourav Pathak
      I often feel the need to turn off my TV's screen after I select a playlist and start playing. Can we have this option in the Spotify app. We do have this option in the inbuilt music player where we can turn off the display while the music plays in the background and we can turn the display back on by pressing volume up button on the remote. Felt that this option could be added to Spotify app as well.
      Thanks
    • By RobNBill
      Since this update the Apple TV 4K can no longer connect to Dolby via HDMI.  Immediately prior to this update - it worked.
      Now, if you attempot to connect and set it to Dolby - the screen flashes the Apple TV screen on and off - it can't stabilze.
      This happened immdeiately after the update.  
      Can I revert back to the prior software?  Or, can you send me a version that does not have this issue.
    • By puma99dk
      Hi,
      I got 2 LG smart TV's running Software Version 06.00.15 and after this update WiFi has stopped working and the WiFi in both TV's will only stay connected when I am in All settings-->Network-->Wi-Fi Connection and the TV's are also feeling really slow in the menu but the moment I plug in a ethernet cable and disable WiFi everything works and the menu is smooth so I believe there is something up with this software version.
      I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max, Laptop and some other devices on WiFi no issues at all.
      The TV in the living room is a LG 49UJ701V the one in my bed room is a LG 55UK6100PLB.
      Anyone got a suggestion I can try? I do not want to reset them because I do not want to calibrate them both again it's a pain.
    • By Dan of Durham
      I have a OLED55B7A that's connects to my network with an ethernet cable. Short of removing the back cover and disconnecting the wifi module, can the wifi in this TV actually be turned off? I don't want it even trying to connect to my wifi network.
    • By News Reporter
      With one of the most aggressive vaccination campaigns on Earth, Israel has demonstrated the efficacy of the coronavirus vaccine as the country nears herd immunity. With the light emerging at the end of the tunnel for Israelis, LG in Israel saw an opportune moment to celebrate the citizenry’s efforts and the country’s cautious emergence from the darkness of the pandemic.

So with lockdown restrictions eased and more people returning to life as it used to be, LG Israel felt it was the perfect time for a real live event to celebrate the local launch of LG’s 2021 TV lineup. In cooperation with its exclusive home entertainment product distributor, H.Y.E. Group, LG Israel last month invited 1,100 special guests to see the newest LG TVs in all their vibrant glory.

Under the theme of LG OLED: The King of TVs, the venue showcased the complete lineup of LG’s newest OLED TVs – LG OLED G1, C1, B1 and A1 – as well as some of the company’s NanoCell and QNED MiniLED TV models. Here, the special guests could see for themselves the just how much better LG’s OLED technology is across various TV sizes, because sometimes you just have to see to believe.

As a part of the LG’s campaign, the large space was separated into four distinct zones representing key TV segments: sports, cinema, design and gaming. Each interactive area was faithfully designed to emphasize the various elements and unique values the impressive TVs have to offer every kind of viewer.

With food and drinks galore, attendees sang passionately along during the concert of popular Israeli singer taking to the stage to make it an even more memorable night to remember.

As one of the region’s first major offline events in more than a year, the electricity in the atmosphere was palpable. Israelis who had been patiently waiting for the end of social distancing were finally able to release all their pent-up energies in one fell swoop. And they had good reason to be hopeful. With one of the highest vaccination rates in the world, Israelis had good reason to start enjoying life again.
      In the meanwhile, LG will continue to pursue unique and safe ways to introduce its innovative products to consumers around the globe.
      Contributed by LG Israel
      # # #

• Similar Tagged Content

• By alizadeh
      Hi, 

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 

In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 

Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards 
      Alizadeh 

• By Alex
      LG's webOS 6.0 smart TVs have a new UI, NFC-equipped remote
      The new smart TV software from LG also has more voice commands for use with Alexa or Google Assistant

Seven years after introducing webOS as the platform for its Smart TV lineup, LG is introducing version 6.0 with a new look and feel for its 2021 4K and 8K TVs. The old blade lineup of apps is gone, with a more modern tile-based layout. LG Home Entertainment president Park Hyoung-sei calls this “the most significant update since we first introduced webOS in 2014.”

An upgraded version of its ThinQ AI has more voice command control than ever whether you’re using Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. For traditional control, this year’s edition of its Magic Remote is a bit more standard than some of the previous versions, but also includes NFC for the first time, which allows users to share content from phone to TV (and back) simply by tapping it.
      The new software includes Magic Explorer, which can pull up related content about actors, locations and items of interest for “select broadcast channels, while Next Picks analyzes viewing preferences to suggest things you might like. There’s no word on opt-in or opt-out preferences for these settings, but we’ll ask about them as the show progresses next week. It’s also unclear whether the updates will extend to older TVs in LG’s lineup, one way or another, the old HP software platform is still rolling on, powering new OLEDs and LCDs for another year.
      News source: 
    • By Vijay Kumbhani
      Purchased LG UN 73 UHD model.
      Able to pair bluetooth peripheral to LG TV.  LG TV won't reconnect bluetooth peripheral automatically. The user needs to click bluetooth peripheral on LG TV.
      This is basic features, all smartphone are supposed auto connect bluetooth peripheral. 
      Contacted LG TV customer support, they does not have information for my issues
    • By rphillips068
      Hi All,
      What is the latest with HBOmax and LG? 
      Are they playing nice in the sandbox or is HBO still not have its act together?

I have a SK8000PUA 4K HDR Smart LED SUPER UHD TV w/ AI ThinQ

Thanks.
      Rob