Quantcast

Why only 100Mbit wired connection?

Nick Payne

Question

I've just been testing playing 4k UHD Blu-Ray rips from my DLNA server to the DLNA client built into my OLED 55 B6T. The playback keeps stuttering because the bitrate can exceed 100Mbit, and the Ethernet connection on the TV is only 100Mbit. I know the problem isn't with the DLNA server because I can stream the same rips from the server to my PC, which has a gigabit NIC, and get no stuttering.

Do later model LG sets have gigabit connections? I had a look on the LG website, but the specs for the sets just say they have a LAN connection without specifying the speed.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

On 10/11/2020 at 3:19 AM, Nick Payne said:

I've just been testing playing 4k UHD Blu-Ray rips from my DLNA server to the DLNA client built into my OLED 55 B6T. The playback keeps stuttering because the bitrate can exceed 100Mbit, and the Ethernet connection on the TV is only 100Mbit. I know the problem isn't with the DLNA server because I can stream the same rips from the server to my PC, which has a gigabit NIC, and get no stuttering.

Do later model LG sets have gigabit connections? I had a look on the LG website, but the specs for the sets just say they have a LAN connection without specifying the speed.

We don’t have gigabit ethernet because they don’t assume one would be using DLNA or PLEX for such high bitrate files.For streaming 30 is more than sufficient, hence 100 Mbit.

For 4K remuxes use wifi ac with decent signal (I easily get 200+) if your OLED has it.I use wifi ac with C8 & it works flawlessly.

If you want to go hardwired get a Gigabit LAN to USB 3.0 adapter. You can search for compatible models on reddit. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By lambrkt
      Hi all, I'm new to the forum(s).  I have looked at discussions on the net and can't seem to find a definitive answer to my rather simple question.  I purchased this TV from COSTCO in AZ 2019.  I 'cut the cord by installing a TV antenna and using the NETFLIX and Prime streaming apps pre installed on the TV. Now my question: Can this TV record OTA TV stations, ABC, NBC, FOX etc.??
      From what I have read US models cannot record while ones sold in say the UK or other foreign countries have a built in recording feature.  I have seen articles saying press the Q123 button on the magic remote or press the center wheel to record what you are currently watching.  There is no Q123 button anbd pressing the center wheel does not record anything.  What if I bought a UK version of the remote would the TV now record?  Any help greatly appreciated.
    • By LPT
      Hi.
      When Im playing a movie in an app on my LG OLED TV the screen is turned off after 15 minutter and only showing for the lack of other words its "digital fireworks» and the text "Turn on screen by pressing any button on remote except power button».
      Its really annoying. 
      Every power/eco mode is off and no timer is active?
      Anyone?

• By Christian Caporrimo
      Any reason I can't find HBO Max on my LG OLED C6? WebOS is fully updated. I was told it was available on WebOS now but it's nowhere. If it's bc my TV has an old WebOS I'd like to know if I can install a newer one or of the hardware simply isn't compatible and I need to buy something like Fire stick just so I can have HBO Max (f'in absurd if that's the case)
    • By Rob007
      LGTV had a new Sling TV app update which left me with no Channels option in Sling. I only have the Guide and Search Options. How can I get the Channels selection back?
    • By Arthur Dent
      Just getting the runaround from LG, only want a baseline figure, they sent me this

, our technicians have explained that we cannot calculate the unit's actual power consumption when not in standby because there are too many factors that could affect this calculation. These factors include how many pixel refreshers are run, whether the unit is connected to the internet, external devices connected, speakers connected, sound systems connected, HDD connected and recording set ups. I am afraid that we consequently cannot answer your question.

we all know LG are not helpful to customers , but there’s no need to keep proving it.
      this TV has a good energy rating so figures must be available, they either dont care or understand what I am asking

thanks