Quantcast

Why only 100Mbit wired connection?

Nick Payne

Question

I've just been testing playing 4k UHD Blu-Ray rips from my DLNA server to the DLNA client built into my OLED 55 B6T. The playback keeps stuttering because the bitrate can exceed 100Mbit, and the Ethernet connection on the TV is only 100Mbit. I know the problem isn't with the DLNA server because I can stream the same rips from the server to my PC, which has a gigabit NIC, and get no stuttering.

Do later model LG sets have gigabit connections? I had a look on the LG website, but the specs for the sets just say they have a LAN connection without specifying the speed.

2 answers to this question

On 10/11/2020 at 3:19 AM, Nick Payne said:

I've just been testing playing 4k UHD Blu-Ray rips from my DLNA server to the DLNA client built into my OLED 55 B6T. The playback keeps stuttering because the bitrate can exceed 100Mbit, and the Ethernet connection on the TV is only 100Mbit. I know the problem isn't with the DLNA server because I can stream the same rips from the server to my PC, which has a gigabit NIC, and get no stuttering.

Do later model LG sets have gigabit connections? I had a look on the LG website, but the specs for the sets just say they have a LAN connection without specifying the speed.

We don’t have gigabit ethernet because they don’t assume one would be using DLNA or PLEX for such high bitrate files.For streaming 30 is more than sufficient, hence 100 Mbit.

For 4K remuxes use wifi ac with decent signal (I easily get 200+) if your OLED has it.I use wifi ac with C8 & it works flawlessly.

If you want to go hardwired get a Gigabit LAN to USB 3.0 adapter. You can search for compatible models on reddit. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kuriko
      Hey, I have 3 NAS (DLNA) successfully connected to my OLED65C97LA since months and from one day to another all three have the same issue. So I must be a bug in LG TV? But I do not know what to do?
      - I can click on all 3 DLNA and its open a choice box for "music" or "image and video".
      - Click on all 3 DLNA for "music" and I get access to this DLNA and see my music files and can play it.
      - Click on all 3 DLNA für "image and video" and I get now only a black screen. I can move the cursor and open menus, but DLNA is black.
      Am I the only one with this problem?
    • By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By Jibun no Kage
      Asking this hear, since I could not seem to find a better place... Wake on LAN only works for a few minutes after TV is turned off?  If I turn of LG TV (WebOS 8.x) and then send a Wake on LAN (WoL) packet, it works.  If turn off the LG TV, then I wait about 15 minutes or so, then send the same WoL sequence, using the same code, script, etc., it fails, the LG TV never turns on.  THe LG TV is configured both for wired ethernet (preferred) and WiFi.  Any idea why this behavior?  It almost seems like the LG TV goes into standby, via phone app, remote, even CEC, etc., then drops from the network?  Mobile is enabled on the TV, hence the phone app works.  Why would the LG TV stop responding to WoL packets?
    • By JohnS
      Hi, 
      New user on here. 
      I bought this new TV last week and it is honestly driving me bananas. 
      When I click "Home" after using an App, etc, it brings me to the WebOS interface but then automatically selects the last used device (e.g. Fire stick, LG Channels, etc) despite me not wanting it to. 
      Is it possible to disable this, i.e. "Home" brings me to WebOS and stays there? I'm sure its a setting etc which I'm missing. 
      Device is LG UQ91 43 inch 4K Smart UHD TV, pretty sure its all up to date. 
      Thanks in advance. 
    • By Bob17821
      I have problems with one of my WebOS TVs which looks like a speed problem, but when I do a speed check on my iPhone from just a few feet away the connection speed looks fine.  Thanks,  Bob