Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Hinderslyne

All4 App on LG Smart TV

Question

4 answers to this question

@Hinderslyne I se a lot of complaints about this Channel 4 app. It seems to have a lot of trouble handling advert transitions to and from the viewing program. I see that too sometimes with other apps here in OZ. It is possible that their CDN (Content Delivery Network) servers are struggling. Best thing would be for you to log in to that Channel 4 site, and decribe your issues,how many times it happens per day, and what effect it has on your viewing pleasure. The more complaints, the quicker it gets fixed.

Check your network though: Are you using WiFi or LAN internet connection? If WiFi, is it 5GhZ or 2.4GhZ band? Does the signal strength look good on a phone using the same WiFi band as the TV, when you are near the TV?

Edited by td47
typo
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 10:28 AM, td47 said:

@Hinderslyne I se a lot of complaints about this Channel 4 app. It seems to have a lot of trouble handling advert transitions to and from the viewing program. I see that too sometimes with other apps here in OZ. It is possible that their CDN (Content Delivery Network) servers are struggling. Best thing would be for you to log in to that Channel 4 site, and decribe your issues,how many times it happens per day, and what effect it has on your viewing pleasure. The more complaints, the quicker it gets fixed.

Check your network though: Are you using WiFi or LAN internet connection? If WiFi, is it 5GhZ or 2.4GhZ band? Does the signal strength look good on a phone using the same WiFi band as the TV, when you are near the TV?

Hi @Hinderslyne

I agree about the more complaints the better, but you need to complain directly to Channel 4 as it is unlikely that they read this User-to-User forum.  I find a good move to get a corporation's attention is to use Twitter, that way the entire world can see there is a problem and chime in as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.