Quantcast

All4 App on LG Smart TV

Hinderslyne

Question

4 answers to this question

@Hinderslyne I se a lot of complaints about this Channel 4 app. It seems to have a lot of trouble handling advert transitions to and from the viewing program. I see that too sometimes with other apps here in OZ. It is possible that their CDN (Content Delivery Network) servers are struggling. Best thing would be for you to log in to that Channel 4 site, and decribe your issues,how many times it happens per day, and what effect it has on your viewing pleasure. The more complaints, the quicker it gets fixed.

Check your network though: Are you using WiFi or LAN internet connection? If WiFi, is it 5GhZ or 2.4GhZ band? Does the signal strength look good on a phone using the same WiFi band as the TV, when you are near the TV?

Edited by td47
typo
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 10:28 AM, td47 said:

@Hinderslyne I se a lot of complaints about this Channel 4 app. It seems to have a lot of trouble handling advert transitions to and from the viewing program. I see that too sometimes with other apps here in OZ. It is possible that their CDN (Content Delivery Network) servers are struggling. Best thing would be for you to log in to that Channel 4 site, and decribe your issues,how many times it happens per day, and what effect it has on your viewing pleasure. The more complaints, the quicker it gets fixed.

Check your network though: Are you using WiFi or LAN internet connection? If WiFi, is it 5GhZ or 2.4GhZ band? Does the signal strength look good on a phone using the same WiFi band as the TV, when you are near the TV?

Hi @Hinderslyne

I agree about the more complaints the better, but you need to complain directly to Channel 4 as it is unlikely that they read this User-to-User forum.  I find a good move to get a corporation's attention is to use Twitter, that way the entire world can see there is a problem and chime in as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ken 43
      I have an LG UJ6200 that has worked fine for several yrs.  and last night I decided to update it from 5.8.03,    I believe to the latest version,   6.04,     I think.
      Every thing is working except for one website that is my favorite.     Prviously I was able to play all streaming video content but now when I try to play a video on the site I get a message:     content cannnot be played
      error code 232011.
      Very frustrating as this is one of the reasons I got the tv in the first place.
      Don't know why this is happening and dont' see a way to go back to the previous update.      
      Would doing a factory reset bring me back to the original operating system setting or just keep the newest update in place?
      Also,   I notice a lot of new user agreements that I probably didn't pay attention to before and didn't agree to.     Is it possible that my not checking the boxes to agree to all the agreements,  that seem pretty invasive to me,  
      is preventing some content from playing?
      This hasn't affected Netflix,  or regular you tube videos,  by the way,  so not sure if my not agreeing to all the user terms is the issue.
      Any help is appreciated.
      Thank you.
    • By News Reporter
      Hopes and aspirations for a good life are universal desires. However, defining what constitutes a good life differs from person to person, culture to culture – there’s just no limit to the myriad of possibilities that brings a ray of light into our lives. This is why LG joined forces with up-and-coming director Jackson Tisi and budding artists around the globe for its Life’s Good Film Project. After all, there’s no better medium than the artistic voice of young souls to explore the multifaceted perspectives that shape our world and the future.

This year, LG called on 531 young auteurs from 33 countries to capture the peoples, cultures and landscapes around the world that highlight the good in life. Tisi led the way with his exceptional creative vision, weaving the clips together into a vibrant 20-minute . The impactful collaboration was shaped around LG’s optimistic message, Life’s Good, but the story is told in the voice of the young visionaries through the lens of their own unique and powerful experiences, delivering a colorful variety to the project both in terms of subject matter and aesthetic visuals.

The film delves into the multitude conditions of the human existence within six chapters that embody a unique element of a good life – from the beauty of nature, the vitality of physical movement, personal growth nurtured in times of solitude to the togetherness and warmth of a close-knit community. The final chapter depicts today’s young generation united in celebration of life, eloquently bringing the film to a close. This emotionally uplifting message – and the amazing depth and range of visual sensations that it accompanies – was lauded by several film industry outlets.

The Life’s Good Film, delivering LG’s brand message, but also gaining sympathy from all around the world in the creative and sophisticated manners, was named a winning entry in well-established film festivals such as the and the . The and nominated the entry as a finalist and the named it second-finalist, a rare feat among brand collaboration films. The much-praised film will be reaching a wider public audience with official screenings at the , , and the in the coming weeks.

“LG hopes to bring a better tomorrow to everyone, especially for the benefit of the younger generation,” said Lee Jung-suk, head of LG’s Global Marketing Center. “We will continue to spread our iconic brand narrative by empowering tomorrow’s leaders and storytellers as the messengers.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By anton de Freitas
      Why does my my Smart TV keep displaying network disconnected network connected
    • By Anurag Rathi
      When I am trying to play premium content on hotstar, it is showing me the playback error. Please resolve this. In other devices it is working perfectly. I have raised this to hotstar they asked me to raise it to TV manufacturer. Attach is the screenshot of the issue.

• By kevin knauss
      The symbolic link within the PC's Pictures  folder is displayed by the LG Webos Photo app as a folder, but when clicked, the app says that the device is not connected. The existing folders under Pictures on the PC do work using the LG Webos Photo app. The symbolic link works properly on the PC itself, so it's not a problem with creating it using mklink. Any ideas? Thanks.