Quantcast

49SJ800V Image Distortion Problems

Hello Everyone,

Model: 49SJ800V-ZB (WebOS 05.80.60)

I have no problems with TV broadcasts.

I updated to last official version  a few days ago. When I try to watch videos through internet applications or web browser, I encounter such a situation. For example, the incident I encountered in watching a YouTube video. It can't be watch in this way.  I think it's software problem.

The factory defaults have been restored twice but it hasn't changed. I couldn't find a solution.  What can I do? Thx.

MVIMG_20200906_151403.jpg

@Cengiz Haskan  I agree, it seems like a software issue. At a guess, I would say that the wrong "codec" is being called, or there is a corruption of a software routine (or a firmware issue).

Youtube App and the site should be able to use and decode the following formats (first 5 the most common). To test if the app or browser is at fault, use your laptop/PC to find a few videos to download, put on a USB stick and plug it into the TV, see if the built-in player will play any of them. See if there are any outstanding updates to either of those apps.

FORMATS:

.MOV,   .MPEG4,   .MP4,  .AVI,   .WMV,   .MPEGPS,   .FLV,
 LESS COMMON:   .3GPP,   .WebM,  .DNxHR,  .ProRes,  .CineForm,   HEVC (h265) 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By William Quay
      We have a new 32” LG tv. The picture is great. Sound is great. Controls are confusing to us.
      when using DVDs the resolution seems fine. But when cable tv is on the image overflows the screen, cutting off parts of the picture. 

we can’t figure out how to fix. Probably simple, but we can’t find it.

Help?
    • By News Reporter
      The Company’s First Diagnostic Monitor With IPS Black Technology,
      Features an 8-Megapixel Resolution and a 2,000:1 Contrast Ratio

SEOUL, May 30, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) has launched its 31.5-inch IPS Black diagnostic monitor (model 32HQ713D). The company’s first medical monitor to employ IPS Black technology, the new model provides sharp, clear images with vibrant colors and a 2,000:1 contrast ratio. LG’s new diagnostic monitor delivers consistent image quality via automatic self-calibration and ease-of-use with 6 convenient hotkeys.
      Thanks to an 8-megapixel resolution (3,840 x 2,160 pixels), LG’s IPS Black diagnostic monitor offers the level of clarity needed for medical imaging, including x-rays, mammograms and CT scans. With Multi-Resolution Mode (8, 6 and 4MP), users can adjust screen resolution to suit the type of image being viewed.
      Equipped with IPS Black technology, the 32HQ713D provides clear image definition with deep blacks and detailed expression in the low gray tones. LG’s diagnostic monitor also features a built-in front calibration sensor that enables automatic self-calibration to help keep image quality stable.
      Additionally, the 32HQ713D comes with Focus View Mode and Pathology Mode. Controllable with either mouse or keyboard, Focus View Mode makes it possible to select a specific part of an image to review – dimming the rest of the screen to help highlight the area of concern. Pathology Mode provides image clarity and accuracy as if looking at a microscope.
      LG’s new diagnostic monitor offers a convenient user experience with 6 hotkeys that make it quick and simple to adjust various settings, including mode, screen resolution and lighting. For convenient management, the Presence Sensor automatically turns the display off after 5 minutes if no motion has been detected. The monitor also comes with a one-click stand that simplifies the installation process and offers ergonomic comfort with adjustable tilt, height and swivel.
      “LG’s new diagnostic monitor offers the high contrast needed for displaying clear medical imaging,” said Silas Choi, vice president and head of the B2B solution business division of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “Leveraging our outstanding display technology, we will continue to provide medical monitors that meet the specific needs of medical professionals.”
      The 32HQ713D is now available worldwide. For more information about LG’s diagnostic monitors, visit
      link hidden, please login to view. Key Specifications:
      LG Diagnostic Monitor (32HQ713D)
      Panel Panel Type IPS Black Inch 31.5-inch Aspect Ratio 16:9 Resolution 8MP (3840 x 2160) Color Gamut (Typ.) sRGB (CIE 1931) 100 % Brightness (Typ.) 1000cd/m² Contrast Ratio (Typ.) 2000:1 Response Time (Gray-To-Gray)
      14ms (GtG, Overdrive Not Supported) Feature DICOM Compliant Yes Hardware Calibration Yes (Software Application: LG PerfectLum)
      Display Mode Multi-resolution Mode (8/6/4MP), Focus View Mode, Light Box Mode, Pathology Mode Video Signals Input Terminals DisplayPort x2 User
      Convenience PBP / Dual Controller Yes (2 PBP) / Yes Lighting Yes Hot Key Yes (6 keys) Presence Sensor Yes Physical Specifications
      Adjustable Stand Swivel: ±15° / Tilt.: -5°~15° / Height Range: 110mm * Product specifications may vary by region and are subject to change without notice.
      # # #

• By Carl83
      Hi
      I have a LG 65NANO80VPA which works perfectly overall.

The only issue is that when I connect bluetooth headphones or earphones, the audio is initially perfect but after a minute or two it starts distorting. If I disconnect and reconnect the bluetooth device, the sound goes back to being perfect, but only briefly before developing scratchy distortion as before. I have found this to be the case with Sony XM5 headphones as well as Samsung Galaxy Buds Live.
      I have tried various audio settings on the head/earphones and on the TV and nothing fixes it.
      When I connect a UE Boom 3 bluetooth speaker to the TV, it works flawlessly with no distortion.
      I thought it might be my TV unit that has a problem. I went to a local retailer who has a LG ultra short throw laser projector on display (Cinebeam HU715Q). I took my own head and earphones with and connected to the projector and had exactly the same audio distortion issue, identical to my TV.

This leads me to think it is some compatibility issue between the LG WebOS software and bluetooth earphones/headphones?
      I have searched the web and couldn't find any complaints about the same problem.
      A friend has an older LG TV with an old WebOS version and that TV doesn't give the same bluetooth distortion with my audio devices.
      This issue is a dealbreaker for me and I am looking at getting a different brand of TV as a result, unless someone can come up with a solution?
      Thanks
    • By Gecko64
      Hello, the wifi of my smart TV is broken since the last update.
      The remote control from my phone too when i use an opérational ethernet connection.

Tried : 
      Full setting reset
      Reboot
      Power reset

Observed :
      After the power reset and unplugged during at least 10 min, the WiFi networks was at new listed but impossible to connect, it says WiFi network not found.
      After a new power off, the searching of wifi networks didn't end without result.
      The remote control also lag a lot each 10 seconds and during 3 or 4 seconds.

TV Informations :
      Model : 49SJ800V-ZB
      Devide Name : [LG] webOS TV SJ800V
      Serial Number : 711MAVDM8903
      webOS TV Version : 3.9.0-62709 (dreadlocks2-dudhwa)
      MAC  Wired : 38:8C:50:F3:2B:5D
      MAC Wireless : 7C:1C:4E:A0:E8:C7 
      ESN : LGTV20171=11002626448
      VSN : 5DBF066A
      Widevine : LGTV17CLGE005126094

Question :
      Is there a way to downgrade by putting the firmware on a USB Key with a FAT 32 filesystem on to be sure it could be read by the TV ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• By Trollpaw
      Hello.
      I have an issue with my tv losing connection.
      It seems like it's not uncommon for it to happen from time to time. but is has gotten worse the past couple of months. It can happen several times per day. usually when using netflix, but it can happen whenever.
      i regularly lose the bluetooth connection to my magic remote, and a lot of the times when this happens i also lose connection with the wifi, The remote is still usable, in a somewhat limited capacity(no pointer, and need to have a more clear line of sight to the tv)
      when the wifi disconnects it sometimes connects automatically, sometimes i have to manually connect it again, and sometimes the wifi function gets turned off, and can't be turned on again. usually this solves itself by putting the tv on standby and starting it again. using cable instead of wifi is not possible for the moment.
      the remote. what usually works is pulling the plug on the tv for a while, and then it functions again. sometimes it's enough just putting it in standby mode for a minute or 2. sometimes i have to unregister and re-register the remote. THere's not one thing that works all of the time, so i have to try several things, but i've found that pulling the plug usually works best.
      it's rarely enough to un-register and re-register the remote, i usually have to either put the tv in standby for a couple of minutes, or pull the plug
      it's getting very frustrating dealing with this, so i'm asking to see if anyone knows what to do as a more permanent solution. i have no issue with doing factory resets or anything like that.

Thanks
      Regards
      Stoffe