Quantcast

Hotstar app not working

Anurag Rathi

Question

30 answers to this question

On 7/5/2020 at 6:30 PM, Anurag Rathi said:

When I am trying to play premium content on hotstar, it is showing me the playback error. Please resolve this. In other devices it is working perfectly. I have raised this to hotstar they asked me to raise it to TV manufacturer. Attach is the screenshot of the issue.

IMG_0837.jpg

Unfortunately I doubt that HOTSTAR the creators of the webOS app actually frequent this User-to-User forum, so you would be better off contacting their customer support.

Having the same problem, Contacted Hot star they said that its not an issue from their end but in the TV manufacturer's end... Most of the content I intend to watch returns me this error PL 6006 NAS, Uh,oh, The platform does not seem to be best suited for playback of this content.

Tried to find a solution from Multiple places, Checked media settings of my router, My time and location on the TV and everything but still this issue persists.

On 7/5/2020 at 11:00 PM, Anurag Rathi said:

When I am trying to play premium content on hotstar, it is showing me the playback error. Please resolve this. In other devices it is working perfectly. I have raised this to hotstar they asked me to raise it to TV manufacturer. Attach is the screenshot of the issue.

IMG_0837.jpg

On 7/8/2020 at 6:04 PM, George Hofmeister said:

Unfortunately I doubt that HOTSTAR the creators of the webOS app actually frequent this User-to-User forum, so you would be better off contacting their customer support.

Hi

I am having the same problem in my LG tv. Try playing it with your mobile hotspot. Its the issue from hotstar and the TV.

On 1/19/2021 at 1:27 PM, Austin George said:

Go to settings 

Click on connection settings

Disable ivp6 

Mark dns server as 8.8.8.8

And done now you can watch Hotstar in your lg smart tv!!

Hi,
Settings of what? Router or TV??
Thanks

On 7/5/2020 at 11:00 PM, Anurag Rathi said:

IMG_0837.jpg

I have the same problem. Their 1800 number doesn't work as the contact centre is closed due to covid. Chat is managed by a bottle and no resolution so far. We're you able to get this issue fixed? I think we need to flood them in Twitter with complaints

I have the same problem. Their 1800 number doesn't work as the contact centre is closed due to covid. Chat is managed by a bottle and no resolution so far. We're you able to get this issue fixed? I think we need to flood them in Twitter with complaints

On 4/24/2021 at 12:59 PM, Brijesh said:

Hi,
Settings of what? Router or TV??
Thanks

I don't get anything under connection settings except for the wifi connection details, which has none of the aforementioned things. 

Go to settings 

Disable ivp6 

This is what I get when I click on connection settings. No option to enable to disable anything. Please help

16202853208132705063026815471342.jpg

3 minutes ago, Meetu said:

This is what I get when I click on connection settings. No option to enable to disable anything. Please help

16202853208132705063026815471342.jpg

First try connecting with your mobile hotspot and see if you're able to view your respective hotstar content.

If the Mobile hotspot worked, then definitely you'd have to change your DNS settings, for which you'd have to follow below steps:

TV settings > Connection > Wi-Fi Connection > Advanced Wi-Fi Settings > Edit > DNS server = 8.8.8.8

2 minutes ago, kaly said:

First try connecting with your mobile hotspot and see if you're able to view your respective hotstar content.

If the Mobile hotspot worked, then definitely you'd have to change your DNS settings, for which you'd have to follow below steps:

TV settings > Connection > Wi-Fi Connection > Advanced Wi-Fi Settings > Edit > DNS server = 8.8.8.8

Thank you. I figured it out (lol)and playing it now. Thanks! Would this affect any other app, I mean, the change of settings

Change DNS IP on Your TV

link hidden, please login to view

If Hotstar works fine on mobile data, you can change DNS IP on your TV, as given below. Note that steps may vary based on the make and model.

1. Navigate to the Wifi menu on your Smart TV.
  2. Ensure that you’re connected to your home Wifi network.
  3. Go to ‘Advanced Wifi Settings’ or ‘Advanced Options.’
  4. Scroll down to “IP” and set it to Static.
  5. Then, change the DNS 1 servers to 8.8.8.8 

On 5/6/2021 at 3:25 PM, kaly said:

Hi,

Is the DNS server 8.8.8.8 applicable to all country? As of im from malaysia.

Go to settings 

Disable ivp6 

Thank you Sir!! Could you please tell us how did you reach this solution and what the problem is with IPv6 streaming?