Quantcast

Programme Manager- Favourites for UK Freeview & Freesat Problems

Room13

Question

Hi,  I have a 55 C9- on the 4.80.03 firmware- I love it but one aspect is driving me crazy- the Programme Manager- Edit Favourites with the UK's Freeview via antenna and Freesat. I like to arrange my channels in a certain order as favourites both on my TVs and my hacked Windows MCE. BUT after I have done this, about 6-12 channels have jumped out of order by the next morning. Also, when I then try to move a channel favourite, some of them are very stubborn and won't move- keeping their original position- forcing me to clear the favourites and start again. Not sharing a favourites name seems to have helped with the Freesat favourites not jumping around. But even switching off Programme List Update has not done any good with Freeview which has still changed. In fact having Programme List Update switched on caused a pop up- asking me about auto tuning new channels- even though I had the Smart Retuning option turned on, when I went to my saved Freesat favourite list it had been wiped clean. As I say- frustrating! I don't want to reorder channels- and Freesat won't let you anyway- I just want to be able to reorder favourites- and for them to not move! Thanks in advance

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Den C
      LG50UK6950. The programme guide is slow to load, and has to re-load for each page. My previous LG tv (a 49UK.....) was the same.
      Samsung, Panasonic, Toshiba and Sony are almost instantaneous.
      Is this a hardware problem, eg lack of memory, or software - in which case is it ever going to be fixed?
    • By Batman
      I have a LG 43QNED756RA AEK Smart TV 
      If I go to General -> Programmes -> Programme Manager -> Edit All Programmes, I only get the options to Lock/Unlock and Skip/Restore
      So I cannot Move or Edit Program Numbers or Delete
      Any help and comments would be appreciated

• By JayDee
      With so few apps available, I find the need to use the janky included browser. It's bad enough but having to type in my account AND password every time? I love that the apps I *can* download work great -- even when I'm at the end of my data plan and everything is hampered by the slower speed!
      You'd think something called "WebOS" would work with.. the web... a little more reliably. Let us download JioPages, OpenBrowser, SOMETHING that makes our TVs easier to use.
    • By mix-e
      Yes! Freesat does work on the LGE TV that I have 2021 model. Using a SKY DISH and LNB in the UK. Okay now that sorted out.
      With WEBOS 3.34.95
      Then you launch the guide on freesat the preview window does not display a picture. Just says downloading" If you then select a channel from the guide the TV picture is shown.
      Looks like a bug to me...
      Also on the channel info screen. The displayed info screen box is very big and the font size is very very small even on a quite large TV.
      It would be better is a bigger font could be displayed.

• By Trollpaw
      Hello.
      I have an issue with my tv losing connection.
      It seems like it's not uncommon for it to happen from time to time. but is has gotten worse the past couple of months. It can happen several times per day. usually when using netflix, but it can happen whenever.
      i regularly lose the bluetooth connection to my magic remote, and a lot of the times when this happens i also lose connection with the wifi, The remote is still usable, in a somewhat limited capacity(no pointer, and need to have a more clear line of sight to the tv)
      when the wifi disconnects it sometimes connects automatically, sometimes i have to manually connect it again, and sometimes the wifi function gets turned off, and can't be turned on again. usually this solves itself by putting the tv on standby and starting it again. using cable instead of wifi is not possible for the moment.
      the remote. what usually works is pulling the plug on the tv for a while, and then it functions again. sometimes it's enough just putting it in standby mode for a minute or 2. sometimes i have to unregister and re-register the remote. THere's not one thing that works all of the time, so i have to try several things, but i've found that pulling the plug usually works best.
      it's rarely enough to un-register and re-register the remote, i usually have to either put the tv in standby for a couple of minutes, or pull the plug
      it's getting very frustrating dealing with this, so i'm asking to see if anyone knows what to do as a more permanent solution. i have no issue with doing factory resets or anything like that.

Thanks
      Regards
      Stoffe