Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

DjDiabolik

LG TV - Crash when open "setting" menu...

Question

Model 49lf590v

Firmware 3.21.40

Trouble:

When i turn on my tv... on the very first time i try to open the "setting" menu all goes in freeze and my tv made something like a self reboot.

on tv i can see the red circle whit the "X" on top right corner... but i can't do nothing... the image freeze and no audio.

after about 2 seconds the screen become completely black.

another 2 seconds and all return working... at this point the "setting" menu can be opened whitout any problem but the crash/freeze & reboot cause a complete reset all list of recent app used or input used.

after the crash the tv say "nothing recent activity"... all it's lost.

how i can do for fix this issue? it's someone have a similar trouble on your  lg tv?

7 answers to this question

On 7/7/2020 at 1:30 PM, George Hofmeister said:

Hi @DjDiabolik

Have you tried a hard reset?

As (in TV terms it is I believe running webOS 2) you set is now quite old it may be a physical fault and you may need to consult an engineer.

Hi @George Hofmeister

Thanks for reply and yes i have tryed to "HARD RESET" my TV from the appropriate option in the menu but also have reapply the first next setup this trouble it's not disappears.

What do you mean when you say on tv it's running WebOS 2.x ??? Do you think that two different versions of the WebOS are installed on the TV ?

Unfortunately, because of this "crash" i can check immediatelly after i turn on my tv......... But after that I see WebOS crashing i can see it's correctly reported 3.21.40 it's installed.

You know a procedure for example i can do a manually completely hard reset can do myself ?? For example a some ways i can reinstall this 3.21.40 by a pendrive of somethings similar ?

Or you know if exist an alternative method to check what version of WebOS it's been running on tv immediatelly after i turn on from standby (before i obtain the explained crash) ?

*EDIT*

And sorry if you can't understand some parts of my reply but i'm not english.. i'm italian and in some parts i use google translator to post inside this forum.....

On 7/15/2020 at 11:50 PM, davexnet said:

Try unplugging your TV from the wall for at least 5 minutes, then retry.

Sorry for late answered............... On the previous week i'm goin in vacation and i can't follow this thread.

Return in OT:

On this past week i come out of my home i have turned off my TV from the wall and i come back this past tuesday. I have return on my tv and nothings as change......... the TV continue to crash also as ever do after this recent firmware as been released or installed on my TV.

1 hour ago, davexnet said:

See here for firmware download and instructions

link hidden, please login to view

What i need to do ? I have already installed this 3.21.40 and whit a pendrive i can't reinstall same firmware. It's explained also in the pdf manual............

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.