Quantcast

Allow Android apps

Mofa

Hi there,. 

It is now clear that any  OS, except android and apple,  suffers from low number of apps. 

It is a shame to struggle with a 'named smart tv' to run a Web site or find a commonly used app! 

Ok! We are stuck with this rubbish OS (bad OS due to the poor App stoee) , why LG doesn't develop an adapter to run android TV apps on the TV? Maybe after testing them, you can allow certain famous apps. Moreover, why don't they provide an easy porting tool for the developer?

Anyway, if they don't do this, I would advise any one to buy an android TV and ignore the useless OSs such as Tiazen or Webos. 

Regards, 

• Thanks 1

Hi there,. 
It is now clear that any  OS, except android and apple,  suffers from low number of apps. 
It is a shame to struggle with a 'named smart tv' to run a Web site or find a commonly used app! 

Ok! We are stuck with this rubbish OS (bad OS due to the poor App stoee) , why LG doesn't develop an adapter to run android TV apps on the TV? Maybe after testing them, you can allow certain famous apps. Moreover, why don't they provide an easy porting tool for the developer?
Anyway, if they don't do this, I would advise any one to buy an android TV and ignore the useless OSs such as Tiazen or Webos. 
Regards, 

This is a TV and not a PC. It's "smart" in the sense that it can do other simple stuff aside just live TV or pre-recorded video. You can watch YouTube, download available apps etc ..but trying and asking to turn a tv into a full blown emulator? That's a mighty stretch at this stage.

If you want android apps natively on your TV, it would make more sense to buy a TV based on Android. Simples.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, sbzz said:

This is a TV and not a PC. It's "smart" in the sense that it can do other simple stuff aside just live TV or pre-recorded video. You can watch YouTube, download available apps etc ..but trying and asking to turn a tv into a full blown emulator? That's a mighty stretch at this stage.

If you want android apps natively on your TV, it would make more sense to buy a TV based on Android. Simples.

Hi Sbzz, 

That is fine, and based on this, LG shall expect less sales as people will move to Android. Another Nokia story! Fair enough. 

I will do my best to advise anyone NOT to buy a TV with Webos, to avoid spelling his money down the drain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, sbzz said:

Hi Sbzz, 

That is fine, and based on this, LG shall expect less sales as people will move to Android. Another Nokia story! Fair enough. 

I will do my best to advise anyone NOT to buy a TV with Webos, to avoid spilling his money down the drain. 

Hi Sbzz, 

I will do my best to advise anyone NOT to buy a TV with Webos, to avoid spilling his money down the drain. 

Fair enough. Goodluck.

I'm aware that it's a TC that displays whatever signal I feed it. That's how I'm using it. No free to air. No real app use.

The only "issue" I'm having currently is that Dolby Atmos passthrough doesn't work with the Disney Channel app for an LG sound bar. 

By "seamless" what I mean is that the TV gets out of the way of the signal I'm feeding it. I'd like to use it like a dumb monitor for the Apple TV/DVD Player/Whatever unless I want some smartness. So get rid of the "no input" message that comes up while the Apple TV is connecting to the TV, let me hide the Web OS logo,  just recognise that I'm using it for input only and don't want any other intrusions, until I ask for them. In one word: Elegance.

Does that make sense?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.
    • By AlP
      Please add above apps to WebOS
    • By willjim
      I have recently purchased a qned 99 and I can’t see how to close apps running in the back ground like I was able to do with other lg TVs I have.
      The tv is running the latest version webos and obviously tried YouTube for the answer which only seems to say holding down the home button but all this seems to do is open the last app I was using.
      any ideas gratefully received.
    • By Succubus
      Hi all.

I've been very happy with my LG OLED but recently the WebOS updated (to the version with square tiles for Apps); and I can no longer work out how to close Apps.

This is important because I need to close down Apps like Youtube, NOW TV, etc because if I don't, I then have connection problems with other devices (DHCP perhaps), such as my Xbox. The only way to get around this at the moment seems to be "hard resetting" the TV; i.e. turning the TV off completely at the wall (not easy to get to), before trying to boot up an Xbox or similar. This seems to clear the Apps/connections.

It works fine if I was just using the TV for freeview. It's only after streaming something.

I used to accomplish this by going to "Recent" and then closing Apps individually. I can't find a way to close Apps now - is there a way in the new WebOS?

Thanks.
    • By News Reporter
      From Education to Casual Games, Art and Wellness, LG Smart TVs Are Delivering
      Experiences Filled With Enjoyment, Personal Growth and Excitement for All

SEOUL, Dec. 21 2023 —. LG Electronics (LG) presents an array of new apps available on the company’s smart TVs to meet users’ individual preferences and interests. The extensive selection of services is convenient and easily accessible on the big screen at home, enhancing various lifestyles with fun and enjoyment.
      Supporting individuals of all ages on a lifelong journey of learning, the new LG Smart TV services recognize unique learning needs and the desire for knowledge and personal growth. A notable addition to the services is Udemy, a leading online skill development marketplace and learning platform. Marking its first TV product appearance with its debut on LG TVs, Udemy empowers individuals and organizations with flexibility and effective skill development by offering access to over 200 thousand courses across more than 3,000 subjects in over 75 languages. With a track record of benefiting 67 million learners, Udemy allows users to validate their achievements and celebrate their success with the knowledge they have gained. The platform consistently achieves high user satisfaction scores, providing a wide range of courses created by more than 70,000 global instructors tailored to users’ personal growth and professional development, from programming and data science to leadership and team building. The lecture recommendations are personalized to each individual, using the power of AI systems that analyze and match learners’ unique interests and goals.
      LG Smart TVs also provide engaging learning platforms for children. ABCmouse is a comprehensive, research-validated digital learning solution for children ages 2 to 8, offering thousands of individual learning activities for young learners. Designed by leading education experts, children can explore a curriculum that encompasses all key academic subjects, including reading and language arts, math, science, health, social studies, art, and music on an LG Smart TV, diving into a dynamic world of engaging learning experiences. Young learners can also delight in interactive learning with digital educational content from The Pinkfong Company, which presents engaging songs and stories featuring the globally-beloved characters Pinkfong and Baby Shark. What’s more, the upcoming Baby Shark World for Kids app on LG’s webOS platform promises diverse experiences, including English learning, cultivating healthy habits, singing and dancing to the rhythm, and enjoying cinema versions of movies – all within an interface optimized for TV.
      LG Smart TVs further elevate the entertainment experience with the ability to delight in a variety of casual games. Volley, a leading creator of voice AI games like Song Quiz, The Prize is Right and Jeopardy!, brings its top properties directly to the big screens of LG Smart TVs. Anipang Match, a web3 casual puzzle game developed by Wemade Play, integrates a play-to-earn model within the WEMIX PLAY blockchain game platform, delighting users with its cute characters and offering valuable coin rewards. Making its TV product debut, the larger screen will create a more immersive gaming experience, with intuitive play via the LG Magic Remote.
      The most recent services and features available on LG Smart TVs cater to various lifestyles and individual preferences. Users can prioritize their health and wellness with Alo Moves, the award-winning holistic wellness platform by popular athleisure brand Alo Yoga that provides expert-led yoga, fitness, mindfulness, self-care, and nutrition programs for all levels. The platform is hyper-personalized and provides class recommendations based on users’ goals and interests. With Saatchi Art and Daily Art Story, a home will effortlessly transform into a captivating art gallery with professionally curated collections. What’s more, thanks to technologies developed by leading digital art platform company DASVERSE, LG Smart TVs deliver visually stunning quality that brings artwork to life.
      LG’s latest innovations and achievements in creating a smarter, better life will be on show at CES 2024 from January 9-12 in the company’s booth (#16008, Las Vegas Convention Center). To keep up with every LG CES announcement, follow #LGCES2024 on social media.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content