Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

max883

LG WebOS. Are DLNA external subtitles supported?

Question

Hi guys,

I wanted to know if native WebOS media player on LG tvs, support streaming of movies with EXTERNAL subtitles present in folder where the movie is - via DLNA

I purchased Sony XG95 recently, but it seems that native player does not support DLNA external subtitles - only embedded ones. This is joke as even my old samsung from 2015 could deal with it.

Is anyone perhaps streaming movies via NAS using DLNA server (like Universal media Server, TwonkyServer, Servioo) and can confirm whether external subtitles are supported or not?

I'm considering switching to LG C9 oled if it has support for these DLNA subtitles.

1 answer to this question

DNLA subtitles are supported but not in all languages (as you can find on this forum).

The Media player is a bit simple. It works with Serviio (I have used it) but there are nicer solutions. 

I myself use Plex but there are more apps that do the same.  For Plex there is a native app on the TV and that works great.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jayaram
      Can anyone guide me on where and how i can check the WebOS on my LG Nanocell NANO80 TV?
      Thanks, JR.
    • By Peter Sjostrom
      Hi everyone!
      I have an  LG - 43" Class LED HD Smart webOS TV (Model 43UM6910PUA). 
      I keep all my videos stored on an external hard drive. When I connect this drive, a SEAGATE Expansion Portable 2TB External Hard Drive HDD (Model STEA2000400), to the USB port (back, side) and go to thumbnail view all I see are generic folders with the titles I have given to them. I do not see any of the  "folder.jpg" poster/cover art images which I have in included in every folder together with the video(s) themselves. Why are these folder.jpg images not showing up in thumbnail view? I have no problem on other (older) televisions I have (none of which are LG however). Am I doing something wrong? I have contacted LG support both via email and online chat but have unfortunately not been able to get an answer from them.
      I have included an image of the what I mean by generic folders in thumbnail view (see below). Thank you!
      Peter 

• By Victoria lola
      I was wondering if there’s any chance that we going to have iTunes on webos 
      I own like 300 movie plus tv show on iTunes  just got my first new oled c8  Now there’s a lot rumors about airplay 2 only for 9 generation . 
    • By PVN Satyanarayana
      Hi, I purchased my SMART TV model 43LF6300 in the year 2016 and current Firmware Version 04.06.40. Every one India using their favorite app like Disney Hotstar+, Zee5, Aaha and many more apps but those are not available on my TV which is annoying.. I spent Rs. 54000 to buy LG Smart TV but all the latest apps are not available. Please release the latest Web OS for these models at least Beta version unless the TVs like this will be useless and no one trust LG products. Thanks in advance and hope to receive latest Web OS soon.
    • By leader6234
      Hey guys !!!
      I have a UHD UJ634v  LG webos Tv  that lately an error message pops on the screen staying : Tv signal has been lost due to the satellite LNB short.Check LNB connection"
      This is really getting on my nerves because I can't get any signal even after resetting the TV or even updating to the last  software version.
      I check my cable line and fixed every possible problem. The error message keeps showing up even after disconnecting cable line from the back of TV just as if a short circuit or something has happened inside the Tv.
      Do you think that'd be software or hardware failure or something else??? How to fix it?
      Please help me out with this cuz all my lovely satellite TV channels are gone 😐
      Here is the actual error message on the right top o the screen 
      Thanks in advance !!!