Quantcast

LG WebOS. Are DLNA external subtitles supported?

max883

Question

Hi guys,

I wanted to know if native WebOS media player on LG tvs, support streaming of movies with EXTERNAL subtitles present in folder where the movie is - via DLNA

I purchased Sony XG95 recently, but it seems that native player does not support DLNA external subtitles - only embedded ones. This is joke as even my old samsung from 2015 could deal with it.

Is anyone perhaps streaming movies via NAS using DLNA server (like Universal media Server, TwonkyServer, Servioo) and can confirm whether external subtitles are supported or not?

I'm considering switching to LG C9 oled if it has support for these DLNA subtitles.

1 answer to this question

DNLA subtitles are supported but not in all languages (as you can find on this forum).

The Media player is a bit simple. It works with Serviio (I have used it) but there are nicer solutions. 

I myself use Plex but there are more apps that do the same.  For Plex there is a native app on the TV and that works great.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Roy Brown
      webOS updated, I think to 2023, on my C2 a couple of days ago. Since then the News option on the Sky News app no longer works, instead timing out. The Weather and Climate options still work, though.
      I have deleted and reloaded the Sky News app, but the problem remains.
      Does anybody have any suggestions of what I might try to get this working again, or is this something for LG, or Sky, to fix?
    • By quentar82
      In the specifications of this LaserTV it is shown that WebOS 6.0 should be installed on this device.
      The latest Device Firmware Version is 3.01.02 and i am missing the RTL+ App (Germany) which should be available with WebOS 6.0 
      So any info when there will be a "real" WebOS 6.0 available on the Cinebeam HU915EQE?

• By delos
      Hey everyone,
      I'm new here, so first of all, hello I'm delos.
      I own two LG OLED55G19 TVs, one at home and one elsewhere. At home, I have a QNAP NAS (TS451) with DLNA functionality. Accessing it at home works great.
      The "Home" and "External" networks are connected via VPN. Thus, both networks have different network addresses.
      Now I want to access the home network from the external network with the LG via VPN in order to integrate the DLNA server. The LG doesn't "see" the external server because it's not in the same network. However, I wonder why you can't just enter the IP address of the server in the LG.
      Does anyone have a solution?

Many greetings
      delos
    • By dolbnya
      I have a mediaplayer connected to my TV OLED55C6V through HDMI. For every video playback the player tries to select an output HDMI signal format automatically depending on both video framerate/resolution and framerate/resolution supported by the connected TV to show the video as close to original as possible with the TV without any scaling. And here I have a problem: the maximum resolution the player selects is 1080p despite of the videofile has resolution 4k and the TV supports playback of the input signal up to 4K60p. I can change the output signal resolution on the player manually after blayback starting and it works, but it's not convenient. As far as I know the only way of getting information about videosignal format supported by TV for the player is EDID on HDMI channel. So is it possible to fix the issue? Maybe some hidden setting in TV could change the version of EDID?
    • By nkat
      Hello Team,
      I'm unable to play any video  any video on LG TV WebOS browswer. 
      I've tried to play
      link hidden, please login to viewm also, but no luck. I've toggled (on and off) the 'Adpative Javascript video stream' settings in browser but no luck.
      Can any one help on this .?