Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

magoo

Keep TV on with audio only (RCA input)

Question

Hi all, new TV owner, I bought the 55 inch UM7400 and have it connected to a Sonos Beam with two Play 1's for surround. I have a turntable plugged into the stereo RCA input of the TV to get audio through the soundbar which is excellent, only one problem - the TV obviously does not receive any picture signal and therefore switches itself off after about 20 minutes!

I have emailed this problem to LG but I find I have to explain the problem to every tech that replies with a basic menu fix (no, changing the Deep Colour setting is not going to fix this problem...!) All the settings that relate to timer/screensaver/energy saving so not seem to be affecting this.

Does anyone else have a similar setup (turntable>TV>soundbar) and have a fix to keep the TV from going to sleep?

Cheers!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By -ethan-
      After updating my TV (OLED65GXPUA) on August 31, 2020 the HDMI-ARC volume support changed: pressing the volume up/down button once on the magic remote will continuously apply volume changes until the volume has reached the maximum or minimum value.  Prior to this update volume changes over the HDMI-ARC interface behaved as expected: one press of the remote button would apply one increment or decrement to the volume.  A Klipsch Bar 48 is attached to the TV over the HDMI-ARC interface.
      After the update the TV is running:  webOS TV version 5.1.1-3701, Software version 03.10.41.  I do not have the version information prior to the update.

• By Alcides Andrade
      I have lg tv model 49UJ6525, last weekend the tv updated to version 05.80.35, but now I realized that I can no longer use the 5 GHz WIFI network, the network is disconnecting and connecting all the time. I did a test with the 2.4 Ghz network and it works normal, but I would like to use the 5GHz network.
      Is it possible to solve this problem?
    • By Rosefay
      Hi
      how do I get Ten Play catch up tv  on my new LG55UN7300PTC??
      Can get ABC IView  9Now  SBS & 7 (Seven) but not 10 (Ten) must be something simple I am not doing
    • By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By Ian Mikutel
      Just purchased a new C9 65" and when playing YouTube videos at any speed faster than 1x on WebOS, the audio in the video distorts. A friend confirmed the same on his LG. Is this a known issue, any workarounds, or anyone we can notify on WebOS team to help address?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By DWINKS49
      I have  a UK6090PUA 55" SmartTV. All firmware and  WebOS software and is up to date.
      I have connected a Roku 2 and LG BP-M25 Bluray/DVD player to HDMI ports 1 and 2.
      I get an audio pop whenever content play starts on both the Roku and DVD player.
      If I use the WebOS apps there is no pop. First inkling is that the HDMI connection is the issue. 
      Has anyone experienced this and is there a fix?
      Honestly I like the Roku streaming apps better than the internal apps. Playback is smoother. While using the internal WebOS Hulu or Prime Video apps I catch an occasional stutter.
    • By runely
      Hi
      I've got the LG OLED55B7V. I have connected a Chromecast to HDMI4 and USB power from USB port 3. Is there any way to not turn off usb power on this USB port, or any other USB port, when turning off the TV?
      Since webOS still doesn't have a Spotify app i need a Chromecast to listen to music, and so i would like to have the Chromecast powered from the TV but the TV turned off. I know i can use screenmode to only turn off the screen, but since i can't enable that with a single button from my remote control this isn't a good enough solution.
    • By cloudstardust5
      I have a LG 55UH615T SmartTV.

1. I setup a few scheduled recordings from the digital TV (via Guide),
      2. I have connected a USB HDD to the TV and
      3. I then set the TV to standby (i.e. I switch off the TV but the power to the TV is still on).
      4. Also, I disabled the HDD Eco mode to ensure the HDD don't go to sleep.

However, the TV doesn't record when the TV is on standby mode. Can anybody tell me how I can record when the TV is on standby mode? Can anybody tell me how I can record when the TV is on standby mode?
    • By cloudstardust5
      I have a LG 55UH615T SmartTV.

1. I setup a few scheduled recordings from the digital TV (via Guide),
      2. I have connected a USB HDD to the TV and
      3. I then set the TV to standby (i.e. I switch off the TV but the power to the TV is still on).
      4. Also, I disabled the HDD Eco mode to ensure the HDD don't go to sleep.

However, the TV doesn't record when the TV is on standby mode. Can anybody tell me how I can record when the TV is on standby mode?