Quantcast

LG webOS 3.5 USB power in standby

runely

Question

Hi

I've got the LG OLED55B7V. I have connected a Chromecast to HDMI4 and USB power from USB port 3. Is there any way to not turn off usb power on this USB port, or any other USB port, when turning off the TV?

Since webOS still doesn't have a Spotify app i need a Chromecast to listen to music, and so i would like to have the Chromecast powered from the TV but the TV turned off. I know i can use screenmode to only turn off the screen, but since i can't enable that with a single button from my remote control this isn't a good enough solution.

1 answer to this question

4 hours ago, runely said:

Hi

I've got the LG OLED55B7V. I have connected a Chromecast to HDMI4 and USB power from USB port 3. Is there any way to not turn off usb power on this USB port, or any other USB port, when turning off the TV?

Since webOS still doesn't have a Spotify app i need a Chromecast to listen to music, and so i would like to have the Chromecast powered from the TV but the TV turned off. I know i can use screenmode to only turn off the screen, but since i can't enable that with a single button from my remote control this isn't a good enough solution.

Hi Runely,

Unfortunately I cannot help you with your USB issue but I thought you might like to read the following article from Spotify (of course if you have not already seen it):

link hidden, please login to view

or, TL;DR - Spotify dropped support for many SmartTVs earlier in the year.

Of course loads of people on Spotify's community boards asking for it to return: