Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

cloudstardust5

Scheduled Recording to USB HDD when TV in Standby Mode not working

I have a LG 55UH615T SmartTV.

1. I setup a few scheduled recordings from the digital TV (via Guide),

2. I have connected a USB HDD to the TV and

3. I then set the TV to standby (i.e. I switch off the TV but the power to the TV is still on).

4. Also, I disabled the HDD Eco mode to ensure the HDD don't go to sleep.

However, the TV doesn't record when the TV is on standby mode. Can anybody tell me how I can record when the TV is on standby mode?

My biggest mistake i brought lg tv even i called the support in iraq they hired stupid people they even didn't know what I'm talking about all they care it's taking your money

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: UAE TV in UK best setup?

I live in England, United kingdom. But I bought the TV in the United Arab Emirates.  What is the best region and setup for LG Web OS TV 65UB980T-TA?

By Daniel Hancock, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: LG UHD TV digital sound out popping noise problem

Dear Readers,

I've a strange issue that I've been struggling for a week. I bought an LG43UJ634V UHD TV and an LG LHB645N Home Theater in a Box system.
      I use HDMI ARC to connect the audio from the TV to receiver. LG has an option to chose between PCM or Auto at the Digital output settings.

If I use the PCM option everything sounds great, but I don't have 5.1, only 2.1.
      And here comes the problem. When I choose Auto, 5.1 is on, sounds great but I have occasional popping noise (like when play something on an old LP player) it happens random, but for example during a film, it is very annoying. It happens with YouTube, Netflix, DLNA streaming, external devices, so the content doesn't matter. I think I've tried everything. I tested it with different HDMI cables, optical cable, but still have the problem. I tested it with a sound bar as well, the problem is the same.
      When I play content from the receiver, there is no problem, the sound is wonderful, no popping. Also, the TVs speakers are okay.

I don't think it is a hardware issue, because the TV's sound is OK, the home theater's sound is OK, the problem only happens when I want to use the digital output of the TV (either HDMI ARC or Optical) with auto setting.
      I called LG as well, the rep. said the she will pass this info to the technical team.

Do you have any idea, that it can be solved, or I need to wait for a software update?

By Krash01, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 1 vote
      • 22 answers
    • Question: Setup default startup app to Youtube on LG Web OS tv

Hello,     When I startup my TV I want my channel to always be YouTube. Right now it is HDMI2 and I have nothing on it. Anyway to do this?

By Salil Surendran, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 2 votes
      • 2 answers
    • Intuiface Announces Interactive Digital Signage Support for LG webOS Smart Displays

CHICAGO, ILL. AND TOULOUSE, FRANCE (PRWEB) JULY 24, 2018 Intuiface, provider of the world’s premier interactive experience creation platform, is pleased to announce support for the LG webOS operating system. All multi-touch content created with Intuiface software can now be run on all smart devices running webOS 3.0, 3.0+, and 4.0, including the LG TC3D series of Integrated Touch Boards with PCAP (projected capacitive) touch technology. With this announcement, Intuiface provides multi-touch signage option for webOS, enabling businesses to invest in and to realize the added benefits of interactive over passive signage. Built from the ground-up with touch capabilities at its core, Intuiface is a no-coding software platform enabling any organization to create and deliver gratifying, purposeful, data-driven digital experiences that connect people to place, powered by the latest interactive technologies. Advantages of interactive digital content include deeper, lasting engagement thanks to real-time personalization and the ability to track user preferences in context, generating actionable business insights. Organizations adopting webOS devices for digital signage distribution can now use the IntuiFace platform, empowering them to create personalized, template-free visual content, incorporate live connections to cloud-based data and APIs (including social networks, IoT, Web triggers), and adopt all core capabilities necessary for successful signage and kiosk deployments such as remote deployment, fine grained user data collection and analytics, scheduling, and the ability to work offline. The marriage between the Intuiface platform and webOS is rooted in work by Intuiface to port its HTML5-based runtime (aka Player) to the touch-enabled webOS Web browser. The result - complementing Intuiface’s previous work for other platforms – enables users and partners to both manually access and remotely deploy interactive experiences simply by entering a URL. The combination of Intuiface’s unique capabilities with the dramatically reduced total cost of ownership achieved by SoC-based LG webOS devices creates a compelling low-cost option in the signage market for content creation, deployment, and monitoring. It is estimated that projects built with these two platforms will reduce total cost of ownership by 65% and time-to-deployment by 50% over conventional display and content delivery approaches. “Devices running LG webOS, coupled with premier PCAP touch technology, have a price point and convenience that make interactive signage deployments – the natural evolution of passive signage – an excellent choice for businesses of any size,” added Vincent Encontre, COO, Intuiface. “Thanks to our technology partnership with LG, Intuiface has been able to make interactive signage creation accessible as well. We believe the market will be amazed at what can be achieved, triggering a significant increase in interactive webOS-based projects.” “Giving LG digital signage customers the ability to create multi-touch digital content through the Intuiface platform is consistent with our strategy to offer the best technology currently available in the industry,” said Jongjin Woo, ID Business Unit R&D Head, LG Electronics. “For organizations in search of an affordable, accessible path to creating interactive digital signage – even organizations with no development skills - Intuiface and LG offer a uniquely compelling, turnkey package.” Interactive experiences built using Intuiface Composer can be published to a public or private cloud storage account and then downloaded and run, using Intuiface Player, on the PCAP-based LG TC3D Interactive Digital Boards as well as on any other LG display series running LG webOS 3.0, 3.0+, or 4.0. Both Composer and Player can be trialed for free – without a time limit – or licensed with an annual subscription. Information for getting started can be found here. About Intuiface 
      Intuiface is the world’s premier platform for creating, deploying, measuring and managing deeply interactive digital experiences without writing code. Over 1400 companies across 90+ countries are connecting people to place using interactive options such as touch, RFID/NFC, beacons, Web APIs, Internet of Things, and much more. For any industry – including retail, hospitality, real estate, tourism, education – and for any intent – from digital signs to self-service kiosks and assisted selling. More at http://www.intuiface.com. About LG webOS Smart Signage Platform 
      LG webOS Smart Signage is a web-centric platform that powers the LG Digital Signage products. This developer-friendly platform provides powerful features to create your own web apps. Best of all, webOS Signage is compatible with major programming languages and technologies you are already familiar with, such as HTML, JavaScript, CS, and more. Source: https://www.prweb.com/releases/intuiface_announces_interactive_digital_signage_support_for_lg_webos_smart_displays/prweb15635607.htm

By Alex, in LG webOS for Signage

• 1 reply
    • channel guide sync between multiple TV's

I have 3 LG TV's in the house. Would be nice to have apps, channel list, etc. sync between the TV's such that it's a seamless operation between them.

By al_wilson, in LG webOS Wish List

• 0 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Tobias Claren
      I use Enigma2 for watching TV, recording etc.
      Is WebOS an alternative?
      Enigma2 can:
      Unlimited number of simultaneous recordings.
      Streaming (Intranet and Internet)
      Softcam (for pay-TV card) <= Alternative: support for "Unicam" etc.
      NAS instead of USB HDD.
      Unencrypted recordings.
    • By runely
      Hi
      I've got the LG OLED55B7V. I have connected a Chromecast to HDMI4 and USB power from USB port 3. Is there any way to not turn off usb power on this USB port, or any other USB port, when turning off the TV?
      Since webOS still doesn't have a Spotify app i need a Chromecast to listen to music, and so i would like to have the Chromecast powered from the TV but the TV turned off. I know i can use screenmode to only turn off the screen, but since i can't enable that with a single button from my remote control this isn't a good enough solution.
    • By Martlea
      Make 2017 TV sets that have latest USB ports, at least 3.0 so it is possible to find a compatible USB HDD  WebOS will work properly with.
      Install sufficient memory to run WebOS Apps without constant restarts or inform customers  apps may not work properly.
      Put a clearly accessible filer by Genre choice from the main program guide (something Toshiba TV and others have had for many years on their EPG's). Going out of the main EPG into the limited snapshot guide then finding the sort by Genre option is clunky.  A zoom function on the main EPG to show more than just a couple of hours ahead would be ideal as well. Even my £70 supermarket own brand TV can manage these simple functions so come on LG match up.
    • By Steven2302
      Hi, I have a 43uj635v running webos3.5, and a few external hard drives. I only got it 2 days ago. My 2tb Seagate expansion works with the TV, and also a 1tb works, but I try and use my Seagate 2tb back up plus slim, and it doesn't find it. Sometimes it says unknown usb device connected, and sometimes it says please reconnect after disconnecting, and that pops up quite a few times, until you remove it. I just don't get why one 2tb drive works, but another, newer one doesn't. But they both work perfectly with my old LG tv, and with PC's and my xbox