Quantcast

Scheduled Recording to USB HDD when TV in Standby Mode not working

I have a LG 55UH615T SmartTV.

1. I setup a few scheduled recordings from the digital TV (via Guide),

2. I have connected a USB HDD to the TV and

3. I then set the TV to standby (i.e. I switch off the TV but the power to the TV is still on).

4. Also, I disabled the HDD Eco mode to ensure the HDD don't go to sleep.

However, the TV doesn't record when the TV is on standby mode. Can anybody tell me how I can record when the TV is on standby mode?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nimazh
      I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 13. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IL.
    • By Ngh
      Can’t rewind and forward most of videos streaming at LG WebOS with VUZE "Devise playback"
    • By [email protected]
      I have a couple of LG OLEDs in shared spaces, with external speakers, one via optical and the other via analog jack (confusingly named headphones). Whenever bluetooth headphones are used and then disconnected, the TV reverts to "internal" terrible audio. For non-technical people this is permanent. Do I have to train everyone to select the device from the long list or can I set a default?

• By ssaguiar
      I am developing an app wich is a video player for an iptv provider.
      The app is based on html5, css and javascript.
      At this point everything done till now is working and tested in 5 different browsers and in a Samsung smart tv.
      The problem is that when I installed this app in a LG tv it messed up all the interface.
      After searching for the problem I discovered that the use og css grid was the problem.
      LG WebOs doesn't have support for the grid system? The css grid exists at least from 2017.
      Any clues on how to solve this problem or I have to rewrite one version of the app only for the LG?

Thanks for any help.
    • By Dafnix
      I have LG 70uk7000yva, when looking for wifi network I get a message that wifi is turned off. I couldn’t find anywhere on system how to to turn in on. 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By seb0071
      I have just bought an OLED 48C14LB, and have mostly got to grips with the OS, except for the programme recording function.
      I tested this by recording the news on BBC1,  via 'Programme Scheduler' whilst watching live tv on ITV3.  All worked ok with the recording  playing back from the 128GB stick in 'USB 1'.
      Having since tried to record something else in the same way, I get an on screen message saying that the recording is about to take place, and I click on 'OK'.
      When the recording starts, the tv station that I am watching switches to the station that I want to record from, and when I switch back, I get a message saying that the recording I have set up is not possible if I change channels.
      Any help wil be much appreciated.
    • By reshmamary
      I am using playstation in HDMI port I wanna to recirds the game which I play.. is that possible. If yes pls ping me the solution
    • By anand shinde
      please permit to record screen through hdmi.
    • By magoo
      Hi all, new TV owner, I bought the 55 inch UM7400 and have it connected to a Sonos Beam with two Play 1's for surround. I have a turntable plugged into the stereo RCA input of the TV to get audio through the soundbar which is excellent, only one problem - the TV obviously does not receive any picture signal and therefore switches itself off after about 20 minutes!
      I have emailed this problem to LG but I find I have to explain the problem to every tech that replies with a basic menu fix (no, changing the Deep Colour setting is not going to fix this problem...!) All the settings that relate to timer/screensaver/energy saving so not seem to be affecting this.
      Does anyone else have a similar setup (turntable>TV>soundbar) and have a fix to keep the TV from going to sleep?
      Cheers!