Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

cloudstardust5

Scheduled Recording to USB HDD when TV in Standby Mode not working

3 posts in this topic

I have a LG 55UH615T SmartTV.

1. I setup a few scheduled recordings from the digital TV (via Guide),

2. I have connected a USB HDD to the TV and

3. I then set the TV to standby (i.e. I switch off the TV but the power to the TV is still on).

4. Also, I disabled the HDD Eco mode to ensure the HDD don't go to sleep.

However, the TV doesn't record when the TV is on standby mode. Can anybody tell me how I can record when the TV is on standby mode?

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

My biggest mistake i brought lg tv even i called the support in iraq they hired stupid people they even didn't know what I'm talking about all they care it's taking your money

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Martlea
      Make 2017 TV sets that have latest USB ports, at least 3.0 so it is possible to find a compatible USB HDD  WebOS will work properly with.
      Install sufficient memory to run WebOS Apps without constant restarts or inform customers  apps may not work properly.
      Put a clearly accessible filer by Genre choice from the main program guide (something Toshiba TV and others have had for many years on their EPG's). Going out of the main EPG into the limited snapshot guide then finding the sort by Genre option is clunky.  A zoom function on the main EPG to show more than just a couple of hours ahead would be ideal as well. Even my £70 supermarket own brand TV can manage these simple functions so come on LG match up.
    • By Steven2302
      Hi, I have a 43uj635v running webos3.5, and a few external hard drives. I only got it 2 days ago. My 2tb Seagate expansion works with the TV, and also a 1tb works, but I try and use my Seagate 2tb back up plus slim, and it doesn't find it. Sometimes it says unknown usb device connected, and sometimes it says please reconnect after disconnecting, and that pops up quite a few times, until you remove it. I just don't get why one 2tb drive works, but another, newer one doesn't. But they both work perfectly with my old LG tv, and with PC's and my xbox
    • By Peter Johnson
      I am trying to record terrestrial digital programs from my 2016 LG webosTV to a USB stick- if I set up a few programs to record, a few work,  but after a day or two it will fail. and from that point all will fail.

The TV does still try to record, as I can see it pop up a notification if I am watching, but nothing is recorded. (No error message is shown then.)

If I look at the "scheduled recordings" page, it shows an error, and "Unable to load" for the start and end time of the failed show.

If I go to "recording history" for that show, I see a message saying "incomplete, Cable/broadcast service changed programming" but that can't be the case for so many different shows,

There is plenty of space on the USB stick.
      I have tried LG support, but they can't tell me what the message means, and suggest returning the TV for repair.

As a side note: I don't usually watch terrestrial TV through the television- we still use Sky (which is why I want to get this working!) I only say that in case it was a reason that show schedule information is not being updated.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.
    • By cloudstardust5
      I have a LG 55UH615T SmartTV.

1. I setup a few scheduled recordings from the digital TV (via Guide),
      2. I have connected a USB HDD to the TV and
      3. I then set the TV to standby (i.e. I switch off the TV but the power to the TV is still on).
      4. Also, I disabled the HDD Eco mode to ensure the HDD don't go to sleep.

However, the TV doesn't record when the TV is on standby mode. Can anybody tell me how I can record when the TV is on standby mode? Can anybody tell me how I can record when the TV is on standby mode?