Quantcast

Can you stream videos from websites on the TV?

Vas

Question

This pertains to the model 65UK6360PTE. 

Ideally, I want to stream TV shows/movies that are not available on the applications, but are present on streaming websites and can be watched through the browser of the smart TV. 

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me if they are able to watch videos on the following websites through their LG smart TV: 

link hidden, please login to view

1 answer to this question

I'm not familiar enough with the features of webOS devices of even my older LG television to have a Plan A answer.

I seem to remember that my old Nexus 5 smartphone (by Google, but made by LG) could directly cast to my LG smart tv (requiring no other hardware).

Plan B answer: receive the streams on another device (like a smartphone) and cast these to your screen using a Googlecast or similar device. I recently replaced my older Apple TV and Chromecast devices with Mi Box S devices (by Xiaomi). These suit me, but they have a limited framerate at 4k. Or the HDMI version may be a bottleneck. From memory: 30 fps.