Quantcast

Updates, App Store and web os for 55LW5600 discontinued?

On 2/2/2019 at 9:42 PM, GerryP said:

GHave they stopped all app updates and web OS updating for the Lg tv 55LW5600

Sadly webOS 2 is very outdated now, although you were one of the lucky ones who where at least able to upgrade from NetCast to start with.  Unfortunately the hardware technology in TVs is rapidly being outpaced by software developments and upgrades, but as long as the TV still works it can have a device such as a ROKU or Fire stick added to it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Puja aingh
      Dear LG TEAM,       Kindly update my content store because I can't find the HOTSTAR APP AND JIO CINEMA ZEE5 AND SONY LIV   THANK & REGARDS VIKASH SINGH  
    • By Ahmad Baeisa
      I bought an lg pf50kg  smart projector and can't find netflix, youtube and no app store so i paid for a projector that should be smart and ended up having a normal one this is cheating lg .
    • By Alex
      There's been a lot of frustration over the years since LG aquired webOS and moved it into all their TVs, specifically around software updates. After a year or so, updates are not always available, mostly due to model and hardware limitations. Now come teh 2024 webOS TVs and LG is promising to keep you updated for at least five years! That's quite a turnaround from years past..

The news is part of the recent 2024 QNED Announcement:
      LG 2024 QNED TVs also elevate the home entertainment experience with versatile personalization and increased convenience. With the webOS Re:New program,* LG is offering an upgrade to the latest version of its webOS smart TV platform to give more smart TV owners the most up-to-date user experience for the next five years. This notable offer comes to LG QNED Mini LED 8K models launched in 2022 (QNED99 and QNED95 series) and will be extended to additional models in the QNED TV lineup worldwide in the future.
    • By Wiliam
      Having a LG OLED65CX6LA 2 FROM 2021 / software version is 04.41.45
      Living in Switzerland as a English expat 
      BBC IPLAYER IS NOT PRESENT IN APP STORE 
      Please advise or help. Thx 
    • By Puja aingh
      Respected LG Team
          Please provide me the app AIRTEL XTREAM and VOOT and EROS NOW this app is not available in LG content store