Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Rover

Procedure to get a Web Page Link on the Home Menu

Question

I already linked a few web pages to the LG Home Page on my Smart TV (UK6500AUA), but, that was over a week ago, and I can't remember how I was able to do that.

So let's no confuse this Bookmarks I have already made that I see when I go my Default WebOS page (Google Search).

Referring to this:

item_XL_10885687_28629081.jpg

2 answers to this question

The very first time you bookmark a webpage in the browser the tv asks if you want to also add your favourite bookmarks to your tv home screen. It states that a maximum of 5 bookmarks can be added to your homescreen.

I clicked "no" so havent used the funcionality myself but one would assume that if you click "yes" when first prompted, then each bookmark you save in the browser will be added to your home screen automatically until you have reached the maximum of 5. 

A quick look through both the browser and tv settings suggests there is no way to manually enable/disable this option after the initial prompt other tha n resetting the tv to initial settings. There doesnt seem to be any options when selecting a bookmark either so i would assume the homescreen only displays the first 5 bookmarks in your browser list. Can you rearrange your bookmarks within the broswer? That should change the 5 listed in your homescreen. Other than that you may have to delete bookmarks in order to rearrange your list. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2019 at 7:02 PM, dave2336 said:

The very first time you bookmark a webpage in the browser the tv asks if you want to also add your favourite bookmarks to your tv home screen. It states that a maximum of 5 bookmarks can be added to your homescreen.

I clicked "no" so havent used the funcionality myself but one would assume that if you click "yes" when first prompted, then each bookmark you save in the browser will be added to your home screen automatically until you have reached the maximum of 5. 

A quick look through both the browser and tv settings suggests there is no way to manually enable/disable this option after the initial prompt other tha n resetting the tv to initial settings. There doesnt seem to be any options when selecting a bookmark either so i would assume the homescreen only displays the first 5 bookmarks in your browser list. Can you rearrange your bookmarks within the broswer? That should change the 5 listed in your homescreen. Other than that you may have to delete bookmarks in order to rearrange your list. 

Thanks Dave, I got around to testing what you suggested, and it does work just like you said ---- the first 5 Bookmarks are the ones displayed on the homescreen. And, by moving around the bookmarks, you control what the 5 bookmarks are that appear on the homepage.

• Like 1