Quantcast

Steam Link app, please!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually, I believe this is on LG's part and not Steam/Valve.  As far as I know, the only official from Valve appp support is for Android. I believe the version for Samsung TVs was technology licensed from Valve but the app was actually written by Samsung themselves. With this said, I suspect the only was it'll end up on WebOS is if LG licenses it from Valve and writes a WebOS version themselves.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scowz said:

Actually, I believe this is on LG's part and not Steam/Valve.  As far as I know, the only official from Valve appp support is for Android. I believe the version for Samsung TVs was technology licensed from Valve but the app was actually written by Samsung themselves. With this said, I suspect the only was it'll end up on WebOS is if LG licenses it from Valve and writes a WebOS version themselves.

Yup, I think it's true. Does LG's officials answer on this forum? We'd like to get some info.

16 hours ago, Дмитрий Павлов said:

Yup, I think it's true. Does LG's officials answer on this forum? We'd like to get some info.

Right, here we go again.

First.  Nope there are no LG officials on this site, it is a user-to-user forum.

Second.  Like every other operating system out there the manufacturer of said system does not produce every single app for said platform, see Microsoft Apple etc for examples. 

So why do all LG TV owners expect LG to produce every single app for the platform?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2019 at 5:42 PM, George Hofmeister said:

Right, here we go again.

First.  Nope there are no LG officials on this site, it is a user-to-user forum.

Second.  Like every other operating system out there the manufacturer of said system does not produce every single app for said platform, see Microsoft Apple etc for examples. 

So why do all LG TV owners expect LG to produce every single app for the platform?

"Right, here we go again."

First. Why are you sounding so irritated about people giving a suggestion?
Second. With the rise in popularity of streamable games people hope and wish it was more accessible... hence the suggestion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/22/2019 at 1:01 AM, Dannyboon said:

"Right, here we go again."

First. Why are you sounding so irritated about people giving a suggestion?
Second. With the rise in popularity of streamable games people hope and wish it was more accessible... hence the suggestion.

Because this is not the first time somebody suggested that LG should make an app because everybody want the 'hotstar app', the 'steam app', 'sony life' app, the 'hulu app' the 'hbo app', etc. etc. etc.

So George explains time and time again that:1: LG can not make the apps because only hotstar, steam, sony etc has the knowledge to make the apps and 2: this is not a LG forum, it is a lg USER forum.

And it is hot here with record breaking temperatures, so maybe not enough energy 🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PeterV said:

Because this is not the first time somebody suggested that LG should make an app because everybody want the 'hotstar app', the 'steam app', 'sony life' app, the 'hulu app' the 'hbo app', etc. etc. etc.

So George explains time and time again that:1: LG can not make the apps because only hotstar, steam, sony etc has the knowledge to make the apps and 2: this is not a LG forum, it is a lg USER forum.

And it is hot here with record breaking temperatures, so maybe not enough energy 🙂 

Hi PeterV,

Thanks, I try to keep my (metaphorical) mouth shut when people repeatedly ask the same questions obviously I was having a bad day when I posted my comments. 

One of my rules for good forum etiquette:

Use the search facility

If the search facility flags up something that looks related to you query read thread(s)

If once you have read the thread(s) and your query is not answered then make a post

-------

Question, has anyone made LG aware of the petition at Change.org? 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...