Quantcast

Google Assistant is coming to LG’s ThinQ TV in seven more countries

Alex

LG’s 2018 lineup of AI-enabled ThinQ TVs are going to be getting Google Assistant functionality in many of its international markets. Starting 8/24, Google Assistant will be available in Canada, Australia, and the UK, with support coming to South Korea, Spain, France, and Germany by the end of the year.

LG’s ThinQ TVs came with integrated Google Assistant when they launched in the US and added support for Alexa commands soon after. The built-in ThinQ AI, which runs on LG’s own WebOS can be used for TV-specific commands, such as “search for the soundtrack of this movie,” while Google Assistant and Alexa can be used as a smart home hub. You can basically use the TV the same way you’d use your Google Home by speaking commands into the mic on your remote.

LG is also planning on bringing Amazon Alexa support to Australia and Canada in the future, but no time is specified yet.

Google Assistant Google Assistant

Source: 

link hidden, please login to view

• 9 months later...

Any information about when it will available for Brazil or any other country from Latin America? Currently I can switch to countries from LA, but none of them is in the above list 😕
The language is not the problem (I usually setup my devices to EN-us) you could just toggle it for our region  or make it clear somewhere for the buyers to see that the feature is not available outside a few main countries...

• 4 weeks later...

So I just moved from the US to New Zealand.  I changed my LG store to allow for local apps to be installed.  This caused the Google Assistant to stop working....

Set the location to Australia as that is listed as one of the working countries (google assistant on my phone is Aussie by default).  This still does not work.

Why are there so many region restrictions on these TV's?  I think I will just buy a Android TV next time.

• Like 1

This was response from LG on January 8 this year for asking when Google assistant will be available in Sweden.

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics. 
We would be grateful if you could rate our service and comment by using the scale in the bottom of this email, thank you in advance. 

Support for Google Home will be released in an update at the start of this year. Unfortunately, we have no exact release date but rest assured it's coming soon. 

We hope you found this information useful. For further questions, you are more than welcome to contact us again. 

Best regards, 

William D 
LG Support Nordic 

LG Electronics Nordics 
Phone: 0770 54 54 54 
Open hours: 08:00 – 18:00 Regular weekdays 

After reply to LG last month requesting on what is the status. I got no feedback. 

Shame that spending money for ThinkQ AI cant include simple stuff. Kodi has plenty of advantages and does not cost.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rob Infantino
      We have two LG OLED TVs. WebOS appears differently on each. And we are able to download the Paramount+ app on one TV, but not on the other.
      OLED65C7P (older) running software version 6.00.25
      WebOS TV Version 3.9.0-62709
      Does not allow the Paramount+ app to be installed
      OLED65C9PUA (newer) running software version 5.10.25
      WebOS TV Version 4.9.3-5340808
      Allows the Paramount+ app to be installed
      How can we get WebOS to appear the same on both TVs?

• By News Reporter
      Doorway to Top-notch Programming with
      Intuitive Controls and Tailored Viewing Recommendations

SEOUL, Oct. 12, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) will substantially expand the availability of content streaming options for third-party TVs running its proprietary webOS platform. With the firmware update now rolling out, viewers with webOS TVs can enjoy an enriched viewing experience with even more popular services to choose from.1
      To expand access to its popular TV platform to more consumers worldwide and strengthen its presence in the TV industry, LG made its advanced webOS platform available to other TV brands starting this year. As both a manufacturer as well as an operating system developer, LG is now better able to deliver its vision for an easier, more streamlined content viewing experience to a wider audience.
      From September through the end of this year, support will be added for a number of premium content services, including Disney+, Vudu, Pandora, HBO Max and SLING TV.2 Disney+, which is quickly becoming a global favorite, will be available on TVs running webOS in every market where the service is currently offered.3
      Disney+ is packed with family-friendly content ranging from beloved classics to original feature-length films, shows and documentaries from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic. Disney+ is the exclusive home of Marvel Studios’ critically and commercially acclaimed original series including WandaVision, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, Loki and its first animated series What If…?. Additional notable original programs on Disney+ this year include Billie Eilish’s cinematic concert experience Happier than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles, Dug Days, a new series based on the 2009 Disney and Pixar hit film Up and the upcoming The Book of Boba Fett, a thrilling Star Wars adventure premiering on December 29.
      Customers of Vudu on webOS-powered TVs will be able to enjoy over 10,000 free feature films without a subscription, as well as rent or buy the latest movies and TV shows.4 Vudu’s early access to new movies allows the service to offer many titles in 4K Ultra HD with support for Dolby image and audio enhancing technologies.
      And on most TVs running webOS, LG’s popular Magic Remote enhances the exceptional convenience and usability of LG’s platform. With its point-and-click interface and intuitive controls, the user friendly LG Magic Remote also offers integrated voice recognition for even more convenient usability.
      # # #
      1  Timing of firmware update varies by country and TV brand.
      2  Availability of channels to vary by region and country.
      3  Available in markets and regions including but not limited to Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States and Latin America.
      4  Available in the US.

• By Information Technology
      Hello Everyone,

I am new here. I have LG Smart TV (50UN7340PVC) and would like to connect with Logitech Conference USB camera (BCC950). Does anyone have idea whether it support or no? When I connect, the message pop up that HID device connected. After that I can't find any option for the camera. Please advise. Thank you
    • By Alex
      Apple has been rolling out the Apple TV app to many different platforms, including smart TVs, games consoles, and third-party streaming devices like the Amazon Fire Stick or Roku streaming sticks.
      In a slight twist, the company is also launching a ‘Apple TV+’ app for older LG webOS TVs. Update: The TV+ app is also now available on older Samsung smart TV models.
      The launch was first spotted by FlatpanelsHD, and later confirmed by an LG support document.
      The standard Apple TV app is available on 2018 and newer LG webOS TVs. This special Apple TV+ app is targeted at 2016 and 2017 models.
      Although the name and logo is different, the actual app experience appears identical to the TV app — except that you can only watch TV+ content. The Watch Now and other iTunes Store tabs are simply missing.
      Somewhat comically, that means this app has just three tabs in the top navigation — Apple TV+, Search and Settings. It also means that the Up Next functionality previously found in the Watch Now tab is now awkwardly located as an inline row at the top of the tv+ page.
      It is true that many proponents of Apple TV+ — including me — have wanted less focus on the iTunes Store in the TV app in order to focus on the content available to us with the subscription, but this particular stripped-down incarnation is not quite what we had in mind.
      Source: 
    • By Alex
      ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Oct. 7, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics USA announced today a  offering the first six months of the HBO Max Ad-Free plan included with the purchase of qualifying 2021 LG OLED and LG QNED MiniLED TVs at LG-authorized retailers and via LG.com effective now through November 12, 2021 ($90.00 value).1 Visit  for full details.
      LG Smart TV owners can now access HBO Max2 on the webOS platform by opening the HBO Max app using their remote or, when available, by saying "HBO Max" into their LG Magic Remote3.
      HBO Max is WarnerMedia's direct-to-consumer platform, offering best-in-class quality entertainment and featuring the greatest array of storytelling for all audiences from the iconic brands of HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and more, as well as all-new Max Originals. LG Smart TV owners will have access to HBO Max's entire catalog of programming, including an array of new series and film debuts. For more information about HBO Max, visit .
      Experts worldwide have hailed LG OLED as the best TV technology ever, thanks to its unique ability to create its own light. Only OLED TVs feature over 8 million self-lit pixels that can be individually controlled, resulting in perfect black, over a billion rich colors and infinite contrast for a viewing experience like no other. Featuring Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, LG OLED TVs elevate your home entertainment experience and bring the magic of movies into your home. The LG OLED C series is currently the top-selling premium TV series in the US4.
      For more information on LG OLED and LG QNED MiniLED TVs visit .
      1    Consumers who purchase an eligible 2021 LG OLED or QNED MiniLED TV between October 1, 2021 and November 12, 2021 from a participating retailer may be eligible to claim the first 6 months of an HBO Max subscription included with your purchase. HBO Max codes must be redeemed by December 19, 2021. New HBO Max subscribers only. Visit  for full terms and conditions.
      2   Separate subscription required.
      3   LG Magic Remote available with select TV models.  Visit LG.com for more information.
      4   Source: The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Weekly Retail Tracking Service, LCD TVs, Jan. 3, 2021- June 5, 2021 combined. LG defines "premium" as products with an ASP of $1,000+ and display size 55 inches+.
      About LG Electronics USA
      LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $56 billion global innovator in technology and manufacturing. In the United States, LG sells a wide range of innovative home appliances, home entertainment products, mobile phones, commercial displays, air conditioning systems, solar energy solutions and vehicle components. LG is a seven-time ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year. The "Life's Good" marketing theme encompasses how LG is dedicated to people's happiness by exceeding expectations today and tomorrow. 
      link hidden, please login to view. SOURCE LG Electronics USA
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By fade2gray
      Hi,

I can turn the Wi-Fi socket on and off using the Google Home app on my mobile phone by using the voice command "turn socket on" and "turn socket off".
      Using the same commands with Google assistant on the magic remote, will turn the socket on but will not turn it off.

Any advice please?
    • By Robin S
      Is there a special trick to login to a Google account with webos? I got an LG CX but I'm not able to login. After I insert my credentials I see a terms of service screen with a disabled "agree" button. When I click on "later" the only other option I'm redirected to the login screen. 
      What can I do? 
    • By Khamikaze
      Hi Everyone,

OK, so what does it take to have full Chromecast support in LG TVs (webOS)?
      a. Either builtin support.
      b. Via webOS app.

The goal / use is simple as any other Chromecast device / TV: be able to say to "hey Google, play this video/music from service-X to LG-TV".

Looking forward to good news and your thoughts.

Thanks,
    • By Alex
      LG's webOS 6.0 smart TVs have a new UI, NFC-equipped remote
      The new smart TV software from LG also has more voice commands for use with Alexa or Google Assistant

Seven years after introducing webOS as the platform for its Smart TV lineup, LG is introducing version 6.0 with a new look and feel for its 2021 4K and 8K TVs. The old blade lineup of apps is gone, with a more modern tile-based layout. LG Home Entertainment president Park Hyoung-sei calls this “the most significant update since we first introduced webOS in 2014.”

An upgraded version of its ThinQ AI has more voice command control than ever whether you’re using Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. For traditional control, this year’s edition of its Magic Remote is a bit more standard than some of the previous versions, but also includes NFC for the first time, which allows users to share content from phone to TV (and back) simply by tapping it.
      The new software includes Magic Explorer, which can pull up related content about actors, locations and items of interest for “select broadcast channels, while Next Picks analyzes viewing preferences to suggest things you might like. There’s no word on opt-in or opt-out preferences for these settings, but we’ll ask about them as the show progresses next week. It’s also unclear whether the updates will extend to older TVs in LG’s lineup, one way or another, the old HP software platform is still rolling on, powering new OLEDs and LCDs for another year.
      News source: