Quantcast

Google Assistant on G1 series (Singapore)

Marc Yap

UPDATE:

Tried another approach of setting up by asking Google Assistant on my iPad to "set up my device" - couldn't complete as "something went wrong" and left it at that. 

The Google assistant app somehow appeared as a new app this week and the button on the magic finally works to activate Google assistant on the TV.

Not sure what happened but fingers crossed.  

Has there been a withdrawal of Google Assistant on LG TVs in Singapore?

With language, broadcast country and LG services country set to "Singapore" , pressing the Google Assistant button on the Magic Remote shows a message indicating that the service is not available in my country.  My LG account and Google assistant settings for the same account have their location and set up in Singapore too.

The only (unsatisfactory) workaround is to control the TV indirectly using either my smartphone or connected Sound Bar which have Google Assistant installed.

I've tried switching the region to Australia and I'm able to set up Google Assistant on the TV. But with this I'm of course unable to log into the TV using my LG account given the region difference.

How should the set up be done?

IMG_20211228_092552.jpg

IMG_20211228_092232.jpg

Edited by Marc Yap
Update

I am having the same problem in connecting to Google assistant. Apparently this is the latest and top of the line Smart TV model from LG but it is far from  anything smart. LG support is practically non existent here. The TV just shows that Google Assistant and Alexa are not available in the region. My new G165” also shows a weird pink vertical band on the left end of the screen when the content background is supposed to be white. Hoping that these are minor issues that can be updated over software updates. If not, will have to claim warranty already on a 2week old TV!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      With Advanced Technology and On-Trend Design, Company’s Expanded Range of
      Premium Built-in Kitchen Appliances Delivers an Elevated Culinary Lifestyle

SEOUL, Feb. 21, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is set to introduce a diverse range of luxurious built-in kitchen packages at the 2024 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS), taking place in Las Vegas, USA, from February 27-29. Taking center stage, the company’s new Signature Kitchen Suite Transitional Series appliances – including the Combi Wall Oven, Double Wall Oven and Single Oven featuring cutting-edge Gourmet AI technology – boast sophisticated design and intelligent functionality.
      Bold Sophistication With New Transitional Built-in Kitchen Package
      The arrival of the new Transitional Series built-in kitchen package marks a significant expansion of the Signature Kitchen Suite lineup, which continues to set the standard for elegant simplicity, understated luxury and exceptional quality. Joining the existing Professional Series (Traditional) range, the Transitional Series has been created in response to consumers’ growing preference for transitional and contemporary kitchen design.
      Signature Kitchen Suite Transitional Series appliances feature satin stainless steel exteriors with an elegant, velvety matte finish that elevates the kitchen environment. Delivering a chic, minimalist appearance, Transitional Series appliances are equipped with slimmer handles than those found on Professional Series models. The design decision to move away from the use of conventional control knobs also contributes to a sleeker look.
      The Signature Kitchen Suite Transitional Series Built-in Kitchen Package on show at KBIS 2024 includes French-Door refrigerators, column refrigerators, column wine refrigerators, dishwashers, wall ovens and more. The breadth of the brand’s built-in offerings demonstrates a firm commitment to providing consumers with a wide range of premium products to help them complete their dream kitchen.
      Enhanced Cooking Experience With Advanced Gourmet AI Technology
      Debuting at this year’s exhibition, Signature Kitchen Suite’s Gourmet AI-equipped Wall Oven lineups deliver an enhanced culinary experience. The company’s innovative Gourmet AI technology is able to identify ingredients the user has on hand and can automatically suggest optimal recipes from 80 auto cook options. Thanks to the oven’s built-in high-definition camera, users can remotely monitor what they’re cooking via the ThinQ app. LG’s intelligent camera enables features such as time-lapse recording and the ability to capture photos and share them online. Additionally, the inclusion of ThinQ Care means users get to enjoy continuous feature upgrades throughout the life of their oven.
      Another high-performance Signature Kitchen Suite innovation, the Steam-Combi convection oven seamlessly integrates steam and convection cooking functionality for outstanding gourmet results. The Steam-Combi convection system ensures fast and even cooking, using the natural properties of steam to help maintain the taste, texture and appearance of food. Without requiring any preheating, the oven’s steam sous vide mode allows for the creation of delectable dishes that are moist and tender on the inside and crispy and flaky on the outside.
      What’s more, Transitional Series ovens boast LG’s distinctive and highly convenient InstaView window, enabling users to see inside without having to open the door.
      Wide Range of Premium Kitchen Lineups for Diverse Culinary Lifestyles and Spaces
      Other Signature Kitchen Suite innovations featured at KBIS 2024 include 48-inch panel ready kitchen appliances that can be color coordinated to match existing cabinetry, and a streamlined 36-inch French-Door refrigerator designed for smaller spaces. LG’s diverse range of ultra-premium built-in solutions offers each customer the opportunity to create a kitchen that truly embodies their personal style and meets the needs of their own unique culinary lifestyle.
      “Through the expansion of the Signature Kitchen Suite lineup with the new Transitional Series, and the introduction of Gourmet AI-equipped Wall Ovens, LG is strengthening its position in the luxury built-in market and reaffirming its technological and design leadership,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “We will continue to cater to consumers’ evolving tastes, providing a diverse range of ultra-premium built-in appliances offering the very best in performance, convenience and aesthetics.”
      Visitors to LG’s booth (West Hall #2343, Las Vegas Convention Center) at KBIS 2024 will have the opportunity to experience the full portfolio of LG’s premium kitchen solutions. For more information on Signature Kitchen Suite’s new Transitional Series wall oven lineups, visit
      link hidden, please login to view # # #

• By News Reporter
      LG Singapore recently hit another important milestone with the opening of the LG Life’s Good Experience Zone. Officially launched in January in collaboration with leading Australian retailer Harvey Norman, this first-of-its-kind space showcases how LG’s latest smart products seamlessly integrate into, transform and revolutionize practically any space. Visitors to the zone can expect to be treated to a first-hand experience of the interconnected world LG’s innovations create.

The celebrations began with a ribbon cutting ceremony where Gerald Chun, managing director at LG Singapore, and Bernice Kwok, chief operating officer at Harvey Norman Singapore, used golden scissors to officially open the space to the people of Singapore and the world.

As part of the celebrations, a team of red lion dancers performed a captivating routine to bring good fortune and wealth to the new space. Afterwards, Gerald Chun and Bernice Kwok were presented with a pair of traditional blessings as a gesture of long-lasting prosperity.

The special guests were then ushered through the showroom on a private tour conducted by LG Singapore’s insightful product team, giving them the very first look at the Life’s Good Experiential Zone and their first experience of how their lifestyle could evolve to the next level as LG’s appliances work in unison with the LG ThinQ app.

“We are delighted to collaborate with Harvey Norman to introduce Singapore’s first-ever LG shop-in-shop experience zone, a significant milestone that demonstrates our commitment to innovating shopping experiences,” said Gerald Chun, managing director at LG Singapore. “As visitors witness the debut of various LG products in Singapore, our commitment to innovation is on full display. We invite everyone to join us on our journey to shape the future of home living.”

Offering a sneak peek into the future of living, the LG Life’s Good Experience Zone invites you to witness the seamless integration of LG’s cutting-edge technologies. By exploring such harmonious synergy, visitors can discover a connected ecosystem where all products converge and are intelligently managed on the intuitive LG ThinQ app, inspiring them to envision their dream home that elevates daily convenience and quality of life.
      Contributed by LG Singapore

link hidden, please login to view
    • By 152bobby
      I have been trying to get my Google Home and Nest Audio Speakers to turn my LG OLED65C24LA TV on and off.   I have linked ThinQ to Google Home but it still wouldn't work.  So plan B was to get a Chromecast to do this one simple voice activated request....I have no intentions of using Chromecast for anything else!
      So this actually does work, however, when asking it to turn the TV on, it defaults to the home page of Chromecast TV, I want it to just open to my normal TV system, which is Sky Q.  Ideally, I would like to disconnect the Chromecast and just get Google Home and ThinQ to do this !!
      I have checked every setting and trawled the internet for a solution.  I've posted on the AV Forum in the UK and the Google Forum and I'm waiting on a call back from LG Support UK.
      I expected this to be a VERY simple task !!
      Can anyone help with this ?
    • By Maor
      Hi !
      I am going to buy a new LG TV, probably - which comes with WebOS (not android TV). Now, one of the features I really liked with Android TV is the ability to set ambient mode with chosen google photos albums. Is it possible also with WebOS? (without connecting any external streamer, I prefer to use the TV operating system).

Thanks!
      Maor
    • By ForbiddenDOnut
      The title more or less says it. I got an LG C3 over the weekend. I have chromecast with google tv for the other TVs in the house so was hoping to stay within that ecosystem. The native apps work well (except that Plex won't play dolby vision), but I've noticed a strange quirk with the chromecast. It plays Dolby Vision just fine and without issues, but standard HDR content gets played in SDR. I've made sure that the "Deep Color" mode is enabled for that HDMI port, but I'm not sure where the trouble is coming form.
      Any insights or things to try would be appreciated!
  • Similar Tagged Content