Quantcast

Hotstar

safiyullah mohamed

Question

7 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Thinakaran Thina said:

Why hostar app is not available in lg smart tv ? 

The reason a Hotstar app is not available for LG webOS is because they, Hotstar, have not yet release one.   Generally speaking LG themselves do not produce apps for the eco-system, in much the same way that Google and Apple do not create all the apps available on their respective platforms.  If you want a Hotstar app then it is they that you have to request it from.  If you look through the forum the issue of a Hotstar app has been raised before an someone has quoted that Hotstar has said they were working on one due for release (I think from memory) in April 2018, but as yet it has not appeared in the app store.

5 hours ago, Sudeep Sarkar said:

me too disappointed by LG for their inability of Hotstar in WebOS. A lot of low profile company include the best popular apps in their Smart tv, but LG is the 1st Category company in the world and the Smart TV is Unsmart for their consumer. It's very painful for the WebOS user. 

Please see my preceding answer.  The fault lies squarely with Hotstar who have said they will produce an app but do not appear to have done so.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Sur Partha
      I want to install MX Player on my LG Smart TV. I checked LG Play store for content. It is not available. Is it possible ?
      Regards,
      Partha

• By kerry gerakiteys
      I have a 2014 LG Web os smart TV    ( 65UC970T ) and I don't have any access to apps.  There used to be a selection of apps and now there's none. How do I access them?
    • By Arun A
      Hotstar, Sun NXT, Zee5 apps not found on content store.  My model number is 43LF6300 and firmware version is 4.06.40.
    • By Miroslav Tuhársky
      Hello, I have LG OLED CX and recently the Youtube app has incorrect geographic data- CH. I am from Slovakia, the TV has never been to Switzerland. Nor physically, nor virtually (VPN). I am getting CH ads, which I dont mind so much, but I am afraid of possible in app geo restrictions.
      I already tried everything, even resetting the TV to default.  No other TV app is affected.
      Anybody please advise.

• By Hissy
      I finally updated the software on my TV, and now I have to force a reset whenever I want to turn it on. (Unplug for 60 seconds.) The TV will not turn on without a reset, from either the remote or the power button. Once it's on it responds normally to the remote.  It doesn't matter how long the TV's been turned off - when I want to turn it back on, I have to reset it.
      Has anyone else had similar problems?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By siddhu
      is  disney+hotstar app  available for LG LF6300 tv  web os version is 04.06.40.??

• By Surojit Roy
      How can I watch Hoststar streaming service on LG smart TV. When I search on the App Store I don't find the Hotstar app. Please suggest.
    • By raghav prakasam
      Hi,
      Prime and hotstar are becoming widely used in India past one year.Its so sad to see 49LH576T doesn't have these apps in content store.
      Please can some one from the technology team of LG answer this question why it has not yet been done and when will you accommodate these apps in your store.

Cheers
      Raghav
    • By Amit-32LH576D
      I have "32LH576D" LG Smart TV with the software version 05.00.07. I am not able to see Hotstar, PrimeVideo, ZEE5 etc entertainment apps on the LG content store in the tv. The software update says the most current software is installed. Can someone help me to figure out what is wrong? Is it possible those apps are not available for my tv?