Quantcast

How do you use the Favorites channel list for cable?

Mark Tiede

Question

6 answers to this question

Ok, the "list" button now shows just my favorites.  I'm not quite sure why.  I'm pretty sure it showed ALL of the channels before, but I just went to the rename of the favorite group dialog and I think that may have flipped some flag in the code.  Now it just shows my favorite TV changes and I can navigate through them.  So that is only a couple of clicks to go to the next favorite.  

Two other buttons would have been nice on the magic remote.  One to record what I'm watching.  The other would have been a "goto next favorite" channel.

Nemilose:  I don't see a way to export the favorites, but there is a "flip order" button that would allow you to rearrange things probably easier than an export, rearrange, import operation.

Custom channel sorting is a challenge. Favourites is your best bet where you basically end up with types of sort. By channel number or name, or the order in which you add the channels.

You can then adjust the order of those channels by using the swap channel position order. This is basically useless as you have to choose 2 channels to swap position which in reality is no good. Say you add a new channel, it will go to bottom of favourites. now you want to move this to say the 3rd position. Using swap the channel currently in 3rd postion would end up in the last position which means your previously sorted channel list is messed up.

I have a live LG support question open which apparently is now with development team. My idea is when you add a channel from All to Favourites instead of adding to the last position instead it would place it above the currently selected favourite channel. Fingers crossed this gets implemented.

I ended up tossing the magic remote, plugging all devices into the AVR and HDMI from there to TV.  Then bought Logitech Elite remote with hub.  Now I have favorite buttons on the remote for all the favorite channels.  Then I also made a button on the remote learn the "fav" of the cable box remote which runs through the list of favorites on the cable box.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Citron2010
      Hi,  I have an LG 43UN71006LB with OS v4.50.53 (latest)

I want to buy a TV for my mother who has dementia & poor eyesight.

She needs to be able to control the TV with Alexa - i.e. voice only without having to hold a button on a remote down.
      I thought I'd test this on my TV and it works very well.  I've even set "routines" on Alexa so that saying "Alexa, BBC 1" is a shortcut for "Alex, change the channel on LGTV to 101" etc.

But - it doesn't work for radio channels (channel 704 is BBC Radio 4):
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to 101" - works perfectly (101 = BBC 1 - a TV channel)
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to 705" - "that command doesn't work on device LGTV"

It basically won't work with any of the radio channels (700 to 790)
      Also tried:
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to BBC RADIO 4" - "hmm - I don't know that"
      "Alexa, play BBC Radio 4 on LGTV" - "I didn't find anything called LGTV that can play music"

I thought I'd try to change 704 to another channel outside of the 700 to 790 range but when I tried:
      "The programme number cannot be edited between programme 700 to 790"

I tried playing the Radio on the Alexa then using Sound Share to turn the TV into a Bluetooth speaker - this works really well - except that I can't turn Sound Share on using Alexa:

"Alexa, enable Sound Share on LGTV"  - "that command doesn't work on device LGTV"

Anyone have any ideas?  
    • By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By margorjon
      Hello, I would like to get our new TV to show the home screen at startup instead of a Rakuten channel were never interested in.
      I have set the settings to show the home screen at startup yet it's still not working, at startup were still only getting Rakuten...
    • By Mike Cass
      So I've probably pressed something on the remote to cause this, but if I switch channels to say BBC1, the channel name banner will stay on the screen instead of disappearing. Holding the back button makes it go away, but don't want to do that all the time. Any ideas?
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s SIGNATURE OLED M 97-Inch TV Honored for Delivering 4K Without the Cables

ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, Oct. 25, 2023 — This week, TIME revealed its annual list of the Best Inventions, naming
      link hidden, please login to view to the list which features 200 extraordinary innovations changing our lives. Launched in the U.S. this past August, the LG SIGNATURE OLED M is the world’s first OLED TV with 4K 120hz wireless connectivity and is available in 97-, 83-, and 77-inch models. The TIME’s Best Inventions of 2023 list is compiled by nominations from TIME’s editors and correspondents around the world, and through an online application process, paying special attention to growing fields—such as AI, green energy, and sustainability. Each contender is evaluated on a number of key factors, including originality, efficacy, ambition, and impact. See the full list here: .
      Of the new list, TIME’s editors write: “The result is a list of 200 groundbreaking inventions (and 50 special mention inventions)—including the world’s most powerful supercomputer, a game-changing entertainment venue, and a new shape—that are changing how we live, work, play, and think about what’s possible.”
      Drawing on a decade of OLED innovation to deliver exceptional viewing experiences, the LG SIGNATURE OLED M is a testament to LG’s technical and design prowess. The LG SIGNATURE OLED M features a Zero Connect Box to wirelessly transmit high-quality video and audio to the screen at 4K 120Hz, leaving the area around the screen free from the visual distractions of cables and TV accessories. The LG SIGNATURE OLED M’s wireless solution represents true innovation and a crucial step forward in the evolution of TVs.
      To learn more about the LG SIGNATURE OLED M, visit .
      # # #

• Similar Tagged Content