Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Mark Tiede

How do you use the Favorites channel list for cable?

Question

So I set up favorites for cable.  How do I USE them with the magic remote?  When I'm watching cable, and I click on the scroll wheel, there aren't any choices to "goto favorites" or anything like that.  How do I invoke the favorites that I created?

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

With my TV, I press List button on the remote, then click on Filters, and finally I choose a Favorite group. All in all, far from user friendly.
I exported the list of channels to USB flash, arranged them in ChanSort, and imported to TV.

Ok, the "list" button now shows just my favorites.  I'm not quite sure why.  I'm pretty sure it showed ALL of the channels before, but I just went to the rename of the favorite group dialog and I think that may have flipped some flag in the code.  Now it just shows my favorite TV changes and I can navigate through them.  So that is only a couple of clicks to go to the next favorite.  

Two other buttons would have been nice on the magic remote.  One to record what I'm watching.  The other would have been a "goto next favorite" channel.

Nemilose:  I don't see a way to export the favorites, but there is a "flip order" button that would allow you to rearrange things probably easier than an export, rearrange, import operation.

Custom channel sorting is a challenge. Favourites is your best bet where you basically end up with types of sort. By channel number or name, or the order in which you add the channels.

You can then adjust the order of those channels by using the swap channel position order. This is basically useless as you have to choose 2 channels to swap position which in reality is no good. Say you add a new channel, it will go to bottom of favourites. now you want to move this to say the 3rd position. Using swap the channel currently in 3rd postion would end up in the last position which means your previously sorted channel list is messed up.

I have a live LG support question open which apparently is now with development team. My idea is when you add a channel from All to Favourites instead of adding to the last position instead it would place it above the currently selected favourite channel. Fingers crossed this gets implemented.

I ended up tossing the magic remote, plugging all devices into the AVR and HDMI from there to TV.  Then bought Logitech Elite remote with hub.  Now I have favorite buttons on the remote for all the favorite channels.  Then I also made a button on the remote learn the "fav" of the cable box remote which runs through the list of favorites on the cable box.