Quantcast

Google home integration compatibility

troy olson

Question

4 answers to this question

For what its worth, if you have google chromecast device or amazon fire stick, you can have google home and amazon alexa control your TVs (on or off) you can also control netflix and plex (and maybe some other supported apps) via said home assistants (although you're actually controlling the 3rd party devices and stated apps versus the actual TV).

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I'm really curious about whether LG will add assistant support for webos in general.  I bought my model last year and will be rather frustrated to drop 1500 bucks on a TV that doesn't get this support.  I have connected the tv and my google home device to homeassistant and have made some IFTTT webhooks and shortcuts such that I can get google home to turn the tv up or down and even switch the source to Amazon.

I've reached out to LG support, even volunteering to beta versions in development, but it was just a waste of time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      On the occasion of the local debut of LG’s new LG QNED Mini LED TV series, LG’s team in Hong Kong was determined to create an experience that was memorable and elegant without exposing the audience to unnecessary risk.
      The result, LG Experience Museum, merged LG’s diverse lifestyle products with works of art. As the star of the show, LG QNED Mini LED TV offered a stunning and immersive viewing experience with deeper blacks and more accurate colors, inviting visitors to a unique and dynamic experience.

But LG Experience Museum had even more to offer.
      After pre-registering online, visitors were treated to a special tour of LG Experience Museum and its three unique experience zones – Vintage Zone, Artistic Zone and Black Addict Zone – each offering an exploratory journey into the history of LG’s many innovations.

Adorned with a geometric-patterned backdrop and trimmings reminiscent of the ‘60s and ‘70s, Vintage Zone offered a look back in time to witness the evolution of LG TVs. In this space, the LG Serie 1 Retro Classic TV with its primitive cathode ray tube (CRT) technology set the mood.

The theme of Artistic Zone alluded to the minimalistic and timeless design of LG’s products, with LG PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier and LG TONE Free TWS earbuds posing with historical sculptures. Here, visitors could get up close to both the 4K and 8K versions of LG QNED Mini LED TVs, with their bright, vivid colors on flawless display.

And in stark contrast to Artistic Zone, Black Addict Zone communicated a darker, more luxurious look and feel. Here, LG OLED TV and LG UltraFine Display OLED PRO took center stage against the black backdrop, illuminating the space with their self-lit displays.

In this zone, visitors could experience together for the first time LG’s “The Black Range” of appliances consisting of LG InstaView Door-In-Door® refrigerator, LG Vivace washing machine, LG Styler and LG CordZero wireless vacuum cleaner, representing state-of-the-art designs in classy, chic black.

Throughout the exhibition, guests were given the opportunity to engage with their social media circles to win concert tickets. All fun and informative time for all, LG Experience Museum not only introduced LG’s newest product innovations in style but also demonstrated how they were making Hong Kong lives better.
      Contributed by LG Hong Kong

# # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Chris Jones
      Hi,
      My TV is driving me nuts!

I keep getting reminders for programs starting for programs I don’t watch or have never watched and 2. The tv even switches on for scheduled programs that I haven’t set.. actually I have only ever set one program reminder and that has now been deleted.

I can’t see any programs in the reminder page or anywhere in the tv programmer?

Short of resetting the tv I don’t know what else to try? And I don’t really want to do that until I know how the tv ended up like this? Plus I don’t want to have to reload and sign in to all my apps 😬
    • By mdale9
      Recently bought 2021 model OLED 55” A1 with WebOS 6(I think). When watching anything on all4 ( I know I’m lucky that I could get all4 after reading about 2020 models), but there seems to be an issue that the TV doesn’t seem to realise that there is content playing and so the screensaver comes on every 2 minutes.  
      Anyone else got this issue and more important how to fix it?
    • By Azwan Azahari
      I hope LG will consider to enable the Disney+ Hotstar Apps for Model 2016 LG TV. My LG TV Model is 55UH617T.  I've raised this concern few times and hope LG will take necessary action.
    • By Harima
      I am wondering how can I get my lg SMART TV webOS 3.4 to connect with google home mini?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By fade2gray
      Hi,

I can turn the Wi-Fi socket on and off using the Google Home app on my mobile phone by using the voice command "turn socket on" and "turn socket off".
      Using the same commands with Google assistant on the magic remote, will turn the socket on but will not turn it off.

Any advice please?
    • By MinakshiSamvedi
      I can't connect my google home hub to my smart tv(UK6360PTE) don't say, it doesn't support it because it has an inbuilt Google assistant and also the model no is mentioned on the LG website containing the list of supported models. It's a 2018 model. The app named "connect tv to Google assistant" is missing from the home screen. I tried to be over smart (LOL) and asked the voice command for the app it said opening the "connect tv to Google assistant" app and redirected me to the app store but it said not available.
      HELP ME... 
    • By Santosh Kumar Gupta
      Hi there,
      I have a 32" 32LH604T-TB LG Tv and recently  I bought a Google Home Hub.  I am not sure if my Tv has Google Assistant built-in  but I want to control the TV via Google Home Hub. Unfortunately , I can't find any solutions to connect my Tv to Google Home Hub.
      So, is there a way to connect this two devices without any other equipment (like Chromecast )?
    • By Bîrlă Andrei
      Hi there,
      I have a 50" UK6470PLC LG Tv and recently  I bough a Google Home Hub.  I now that my Tv has Google Assistant built-in ( accesible only with Magic Remote wich I don't have) and I want to control the TV via Google Home Hub. Unfortunately , I can't find any solutions to connect my Tv to Google Home Hub.
      So, is there a way to connect this two devices without any other equipemnt (like Chromecast )?

Thanks in advance!