Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Question

4 answers to this question

For what its worth, if you have google chromecast device or amazon fire stick, you can have google home and amazon alexa control your TVs (on or off) you can also control netflix and plex (and maybe some other supported apps) via said home assistants (although you're actually controlling the 3rd party devices and stated apps versus the actual TV).

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I'm really curious about whether LG will add assistant support for webos in general.  I bought my model last year and will be rather frustrated to drop 1500 bucks on a TV that doesn't get this support.  I have connected the tv and my google home device to homeassistant and have made some IFTTT webhooks and shortcuts such that I can get google home to turn the tv up or down and even switch the source to Amazon.

I've reached out to LG support, even volunteering to beta versions in development, but it was just a waste of time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Is there a google assistant with LG C8 in the philippines

Why on earth that philippines has no google assistant with LG C8? Seems I saw with their advertisement on youtube that google assistant on LG C8 model is active and can be operated. And even I saw children speaking over the microphone commanding what they want on their tv to show up, and it was amazing it did show up the game they wanted to play, weather, movies, actor of that movie, soundtrack of the movie, really smart and amazing. But why on earth we dont have like that in the philippines with the LG C8. Not worth buying because u got the high end tv one but what u were expecting to have on the tv was not activated. So sad

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Procedure to get a Web Page Link on the Home Menu

I already linked a few web pages to the LG Home Page on my Smart TV (UK6500AUA), but, that was over a week ago, and I can't remember how I was able to do that. So let's no confuse this Bookmarks I have already made that I see when I go my Default WebOS page (Google Search). Referring to this:

• Question: LG WebOS version 5.30 Not showing Google Assistant set up

Trying to connect my tv to google assistant. Tv is up to date to version 5.30 but it doesn’t show the google Assistant set up tab like it says it should on the lg website. Can anyone help. Model number 65uh5500

• HU80KA 4K UHD Laser Smart Home Theater CineBeam Projector

From 4K UHD resolution to the built-in Smart TV, project movies, shows and more at up to 150” with the feature-loaded HU80KA projector. 4K Ultra HD  With an incredible 8.3 million pixels (3840 x 2160), even an image up to twelve-and-a-half feet remains clear and crisp. The HU80KA 4K Ultra HD projector delivers home theater with impeccable precision and detail at four times the resolution of Full HD 150" Screen Size  Transform a wall or even a ceiling into a sprawling projection screen for an image up to 150 inches across (diagonally). That's more than twelve feet of picture, displayed in the vivid clarity of Ultra HD 4K resolution. At this epic scale, movies, games and photos will look and feel truly cinematic.    2500 Lumen Brightness Enjoy movies and more, bigger and bolder, in any room, day or night. Rated at 2500 lumens, the HU80KA is LG's brightest projector, perfectly suited for use in environments with a variety of ambient lighting conditions.  2500 Lumen Brightness  Enjoy movies and more, bigger and bolder, in any room, day or night. Rated at 2500 lumens, the HU80KA is LG's brightest projector, perfectly suited for use in environments with a variety of ambient lighting conditions.  Smart TV LG's exclusive Smart TV streaming content platform is simple to set up and offers fast and fun discovery of exciting premium movies, TV shows and more from the most popular content providers.* The included Magic Remote makes navigation a breeze.  More information

in LG webOS Smart Projector

• Question: Google Movies App update expected?

Trying to find out if the Google Movies App will be updated to support 4K anytime soon?   There was an article stating this will happen on WEBOS soon, but no news since.  Update:  Well, it appears that the 4K on Google Movies App is now working.  I show 4K plus HDR, but didn't see an actual update from the APP.   Oh well, this is good news!  

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions