Google home integration compatibility

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

When will LG add Google home compatibility? Ifttt would also be beneficial.

4 answers to this question

For what its worth, if you have google chromecast device or amazon fire stick, you can have google home and amazon alexa control your TVs (on or off) you can also control netflix and plex (and maybe some other supported apps) via said home assistants (although you're actually controlling the 3rd party devices and stated apps versus the actual TV).

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I'm really curious about whether LG will add assistant support for webos in general.  I bought my model last year and will be rather frustrated to drop 1500 bucks on a TV that doesn't get this support.  I have connected the tv and my google home device to homeassistant and have made some IFTTT webhooks and shortcuts such that I can get google home to turn the tv up or down and even switch the source to Amazon.

I've reached out to LG support, even volunteering to beta versions in development, but it was just a waste of time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Most everyone agrees that technology and innovation have made our lives immensely easier and more productive. Two decades ago, working and studying from home was an entirely different experience without broadband, smartphones or Zoom. But there has been a need to make such technological innovation more accessible to everyone.
      As part of the company’s new ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) initiatives covering human rights, LG is committing to making its home appliances more accessible to the physically challenged. The new vertical laundry solution, WashTower, will be the first appliance from LG to include audio instructions and braille overlays. LG will increase the number of more accessible home appliance products and markets over the course of the year, starting with the enhanced WashTower and CordZero M9 robot vacuum cleaner.

Voice instructions in LG WashTower and CordZero M9 vacuum will make it easier for customers with visual impairment to access the appliance’s many advanced features via audio prompts alone. Additional tones will be implemented throughout the washing machine so there is clear feedback whenever a button is pressed to better guide the user in selecting the correct function and options.

Navigating LG WashTower’s Center Control for visually impaired customers will be infinitely more convenient with the use of braille overlays. Accessibility enhancements for more LG products including robot vacuums, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, refrigerators and air conditioners are in the works.
      With a greater commitment toward good ESG management, LG is putting in place the necessary components to help ensure a better society for all and a better life for every customer. This effort has not gone unnoticed by LG’s long-time accessibility partner in the United States, the National Center for Accessible Media (NCAM), who is also a member of the LG Accessibility Advisory Council.

“LG’s U.S. accessibility council activities are particularly noteworthy; global teams from LG come together to host nearly a dozen leading U.S. accessibility experts and disability advocacy organization leaders,” said Donna Danielewski of NCAM. “They provide candid and critical input and feedback on LG’s latest hardware, software, and planned activities – while also receiving updates about LG’s progress along its accessibility journey. Our team in NCAM is always grateful for the opportunity to learn from the council participants (as well as representatives from all levels of LG) while also bringing our own expertise to the table.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      Life as we knew it may never be the same again. More time spent at home has piqued the interest of consumers looking to adopt a more intelligent way of living. This growing desire for seamless, connected, “work and play” environments is what is bringing the future faster to consumers today. Fortune Business Insights predicts1 the smart home market to reach USD 622.59 billion by 2026. In fact, that’s barely scratching the surface if LG ThinQ as anything to say about it.

What makes the smart technology less daunting today is because now everyone has a smartphone. And through that smartphone, consumers can control all aspects of their connected devices from the bed, the car or the office. The fact that the app has been downloaded over 30 million times is proof that there is an audience that’s hungry for the conveniences offered by smart products. But what conveniences are we talking about here?
      Well, in one research study, LG ThinQ app users in the US said they were most satisfied with the app’s remote-control capabilities.2 Although some smart appliances such as robot vacuums are able to do the work for you, there still isn’t a washing machine that can pick up dirty clothes off the floor or a refrigerator that stocks itself. But just being able to control and monitor the home ecosystem from any location brings a whole new dimension of convenience.

The LG ThinQ app was designed to seamlessly connect with the company’s AI-enabled products and services, giving the user full visibility and access to all compatible home appliances while home or on the go. One Korean user discovered LG ThinQ to be an invaluable solution for her laundry routine. “With remote control and monitoring, I can set the washing machine to finish according to my schedule, which means I’m always free to take the laundry out immediately. I no longer have to worry about smelly or wrinkled clothes,” the user said.3

Proactive Customer Care (PCC) and Smart Diagnosis expand the user experience and is another key way ThinQ has made customers’ lives easier. After self-diagnosing every connected appliance on the system, the ThinQ app alerts users and relays insightful suggestions and tips for maintaining their products’ peak performance, such as changing the filter at appropriate times. “It’s great to have the ThinQ app on hand to remind me when it’s time to replace the air purifier filter,” said one participant in the survey. Instead of having to call in and wait hours (or days) for a service technician to visit, PCC and Smart Diagnosis help users identify and resolve the issues themselves. One ThinQ user noted, “Thanks to the PCC feature I’m able to receive alerts on my parent’s appliances so I can do all the maintenance work for them.”

Beyond adding value, LG smart home solutions are delivering more environmentally friendly features to match the priorities of environmentally-conscious consumers. In fact, energy-saving capabilities are one of the top drivers for American consumers switching from conventional devices to smart home products, according to the survey.
      On the LG ThinQ app, energy monitoring dashboards displaying monthly usage information are available for every appliance so that users can see where they might be able to save energy by modifying their behavior. “I can never remember if I shut the refrigerator door all the way or switched the TV off,” admitted an environmental advocate who participated in the research. “Being able to check and control all of this on my phone is a huge relief.”
      Vacation mode is another proven way to minimize energy use in the home when empty, and features such as Active Save perform tasks like measuring refrigerator openings throughout the day so that refrigerators can switch from low to high power modes automatically, all according to when the user prefers using them.

The ThinQ app is constantly evolving to better meet consumer needs. Additional features to be introduced in the 1st half of this year include Scan-To-Cook and Meal Kit orders which take the stress out of planning and preparing meals at home. Future features and services will focus on delivering the freedom and convenience that make LG customers’ lives measureably more comfortable than without ThinQ.
      Learn more about LG’s smart appliances and the ThinQ app at .
      # # #
      2 Kantar survey commissioned by LG surveyed 500 respondents with household incomes within the top 60 percentile in New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago.
      3 Nielsen survey commissioned by LG interviewed 40 Korean IoT brand users between ages 20-44.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By drapec
      I updated my TV webOS latest version (05.30.10), but still cannot see the Home Dashboard in the ribbon. 
      How to activate it? The model is LG 55UK6200PLA
      I already have smart ThinQ laundry and other devices so it would be handy to see everything on the dashboard.
      Thanks!
    • By MinakshiSamvedi
      I can't connect my google home hub to my smart tv(UK6360PTE) don't say, it doesn't support it because it has an inbuilt Google assistant and also the model no is mentioned on the LG website containing the list of supported models. It's a 2018 model. The app named "connect tv to Google assistant" is missing from the home screen. I tried to be over smart (LOL) and asked the voice command for the app it said opening the "connect tv to Google assistant" app and redirected me to the app store but it said not available.
      HELP ME... 
    • By maj
      hi,  can I not download any app I like? I wanted to ad Les Mills On Demand so I can exercise from TV screen as it doesn't work well via the internet browser option but it appears I can't download my own Apps? 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By MinakshiSamvedi
      I can't connect my google home hub to my smart tv(UK6360PTE) don't say, it doesn't support it because it has an inbuilt Google assistant and also the model no is mentioned on the LG website containing the list of supported models. It's a 2018 model. The app named "connect tv to Google assistant" is missing from the home screen. I tried to be over smart (LOL) and asked the voice command for the app it said opening the "connect tv to Google assistant" app and redirected me to the app store but it said not available.
      HELP ME... 
    • By Santosh Kumar Gupta
      Hi there,
      I have a 32" 32LH604T-TB LG Tv and recently  I bought a Google Home Hub.  I am not sure if my Tv has Google Assistant built-in  but I want to control the TV via Google Home Hub. Unfortunately , I can't find any solutions to connect my Tv to Google Home Hub.
      So, is there a way to connect this two devices without any other equipment (like Chromecast )?
    • By Bîrlă Andrei
      Hi there,
      I have a 50" UK6470PLC LG Tv and recently  I bough a Google Home Hub.  I now that my Tv has Google Assistant built-in ( accesible only with Magic Remote wich I don't have) and I want to control the TV via Google Home Hub. Unfortunately , I can't find any solutions to connect my Tv to Google Home Hub.
      So, is there a way to connect this two devices without any other equipemnt (like Chromecast )?

Thanks in advance!
    • By [email protected]
      I have a LG 49UJ6500  TV with WebOS 3.8.  Is LG planning to release latest update of 4.0 for this model?  Really I need to use the google assistant . Are there any alternate ways? Please suggest