Quantcast

Question

I can't connect my google home hub to my smart tv(UK6360PTE) don't say, it doesn't support it because it has an inbuilt Google assistant and also the model no is mentioned on the LG website containing the list of supported models. It's a 2018 model. The app named "connect tv to Google assistant" is missing from the home screen. I tried to be over smart (LOL) and asked the voice command for the app it said opening the "connect tv to Google assistant" app and redirected me to the app store but it said not available.

HELP ME... 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Legion
      I just bought a OLEDG177PUA with what I assume is webos 6.  Why is there not a setting available for me to set the default home screen.... to the home screen?  I am constantly ending up on some random live LG TV channel, and having to wrestle it to go "back" to "home" by pressing the home button over and over.  At the very least let me easily switch to a gallery picture as a home screen option.  It's a gallery TV after all is it not?
      I haven't watched live TV since 2003. With all the app options on the home screen now, why on earth would I need to start now? Please enable a way to make live TV stop being the default. It was bad enough that I had to endure a static screen to constantly wrestle back out of to get to the home screen, but I'm not sure what's worse, static or Ancient Aliens. 🙄

Also explain HBO Max. How do you guys have ancient aliens but not HBO Max?
    • By Jjufyu23
      Hi,
      I'd like to easily stream/cast some movie files (.mkv, .mp4 etc...) on my Ubuntu 21.04 PC to a LG Smart TV having WebOS 4.9.x.
      Both TV and PC are connected on the same LAN network via ethernet cable!
      My router does not provide any UPnP feature!
      I tried to use (with no success):
      - Kodi - enabled UPnP/DLNA and shared my library, then right clicked on a movie and ran "Play using", selected "TV" but I was not able to see anything on my LG TV (i went to Movies and Photos and did not see any remote device or other stuff) (does this method nroamlly work? Maybe there is something wrong with my Kodi / Router configuration? What screen do I have to access on the LG TV to see the DLNA devices?)
      - Integrated Ubuntu "Media Sharing" (see https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2020/04/home-media-server-ubuntu-2004/) - same as above, I could not see any device from the TV when this option is enabled
      - VLC UPnP feature - same as above
      What options do I have, without buying any additional device like Chromecast, Raspberry PI etc...?
    • By Jonos1
      Anyone have a problem with this app running on LG 4K TV?
      iPlayer app constantly buffers or locks up
      I switch to NOW TV box (not app) & can watch  iPlayer without an issue.
      Also NETFLIX & other catch up apps  work without any buffering or locking.
      Interested to hear your thoughts....

• By Michał Jurczuk
      Is there any music app like Spotify, Tidal, Google Music, anything? How can I stream for example from my phone?
    • By Spraoí
      Recently bought an LG Smart TV in Ireland. 43Nano796NE .

There is a button on the remote for Google assistant. Nothing happens when it is pressed. I downloaded the ThinQ app and have paired it to the TV and Google home assistant. I can turn on off the TV via Google and at best turn on Netflix via Google . Just wondering am I missing something else here given the button on the remote doesn't do anything? There is  also a buttonn for opening up Disney plus and that doesn't open up the app. The app button for Netflix and Prime does work. Maybe a first world problem only. Apps for Ireland are not great, would love to be able to download Virgin media player and All Four.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Vetald
      tell me what the problem is, nanocell 916, in the dolby vision format, the image flickers. in other modes this is not the case. video enclosed,.
    • By Vetald
      what's new for tv in this update? Does it need to be installed or will it degrade the software capabilities of the TV?
    • By jaculson
      I have a LG TV model: 47LB652V-ZA, webOS version 1.4.0-2523 (afro-ashley). Why isn't Spotify supported for this TV if its from 2014 and it says that devices from 2013 and onwards will be supported
    • By Greg Bryant
      I'm trying to add channels using LG's guide / channel manager to favorite groups.  When I try to select a channel to move to the favorites group, the app tunes to that channel and closes; never giving me the opportunity to add it to my new group.  I was going to add all channels and try to remove the ones I don't want in that group but I can't because there's a limit.
      At first, I thought the issue was the 'remote control' input the TV created when I added my Direct TV remote (I had all my HDMI connections through my home receiver with only one HDMI connection to the TV) so all the inputs on the TV were listed as HDMI 2 with different names.  Going through the receiver, I had a 'set top box' HDMI 2 input, PS5 HDMI 2 input, etc.; when I attempted to add the direct tv remote control option to the 'set top box', the software created a new input - Direct TV on HDMI 2 but the set-top-box remained.   Initially when I tried to add a channel to my favorites, the software would change from the direct tv input to the set-top-box input and tune to that channel ( I thought it was confused by the basically the same input twice).  However, I connected the Direct TV input directly to the TV and the channel favorites editor still tunes to the channel selected and closes the app.
      Any ideas?
      I'd really like to pair down the channel list to only what I watch in a few categories.