Quantcast

LG WebOS "this app will restart to free up more memory"

I went out on boxing day pick up a new TV in the sales and ended up with an LG 43UJ634V from Currys that was knocked down to £349.

The image on the screen is impressive and I love watching 4k content using the built in YouTube App. Unfortunately I keep getting the error "this app will restart to free up more memory" , mostly when using the YouTube app but sometimes using Netflix and other times simply when browsing the menus. I've deleted pretty much every other app aside from Netflix, YouTube, Iplayer and 4od but still the problem keeps cropping up. I'm considering returning the TV over this issue if I can't find a solution, it pretty much defeats the purpose of a "smart" TV if I can't even use the supplied apps without them crashing.

I made sure that other apps are closed from the "recent" screen and that the firmware has been updated to the latest version, is there anything else I can try?

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 31/12/2017 at 6:10 PM, T0m said:

I went out on boxing day pick up a new TV in the sales and ended up with an LG 43UJ634V from Currys that was knocked down to £349.

The image on the screen is impressive and I love watching 4k content using the built in YouTube App. Unfortunately I keep getting the error "this app will restart to free up more memory" , mostly when using the YouTube app but sometimes using Netflix and other times simply when browsing the menus. I've deleted pretty much every other app aside from Netflix, YouTube, Iplayer and 4od but still the problem keeps cropping up. I'm considering returning the TV over this issue if I can't find a solution, it pretty much defeats the purpose of a "smart" TV if I can't even use the supplied apps without them crashing.

I made sure that other apps are closed from the "recent" screen and that the firmware has been updated to the latest version, is there anything else I can try?

Yes this is very annoying and happens a lot for us as well. I wonder if it's really a memory issue or something else. Don't these rings get tested before release?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Company’s New Cinema Screen Brand, LG Miraclass Leverages LED Technology to
      Take the Big Screen Viewing Experience to New Heights

SEOUL, Feb. 9, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) announced the launch of its new LED screen brand for cinemas, LG Miraclass. Ideal for theater operators eager to present moviegoers with new, premium services and immersive viewing experiences, LG’s latest lineup of LED screens delivers realistic images with natural colors and deep blacks.
      The name ‘Miraclass’ – a combination of the words Miracle and Class – means incredible image quality that can enhance audiences’ sense of immersion. Thanks to their advanced LED technology, LG Miraclass displays help bring movies to life, improving the theater-going experience and offering new value to venue owners and operators.
      LG Miraclass currently consists of four product lineups offering different sizes (from 14 to 101 square meters) and screen resolutions (4K/2K) to choose from. At five meters-wide, models LDAA025-1 and LDAA012 are good options for small-capacity theaters, which have become increasingly popular with audiences in recent years. All Miraclass displays provide compatibility with Dolby’s Integrated Media Server, IMS3000, meaning theater owners can deliver premium image and sound to elevate the customer experience.
      Employing self-emissive LED pixels, each LG Miraclass model delivers 24-bit color processing and outstanding contrast to give on-screen images depth and vibrancy. They also boast strong, consistent brightness with no corner dimming and produce clear, distortion-free pictures. What’s more, LG Miraclass is capable of displaying 68.7 billion color variations, enabling viewers to experience movies just as their creators intended them to be seen.
      LG Miraclass also provides easy management for movie theater operators thanks to its intuitive software and facilitates greater space efficiency through eliminating the need for projection rooms. Additionally, the screen brightness of LG Miraclass can be adjusted across five stages, from 48 to 300 nits, offering suitability for various use scenarios – from playing 2D/3D movies to delivering content for company presentations or special ceremonies.
      “LG is confident that LG Miraclass will satisfy the needs of operators and meet the expectations of moviegoers seeking memorable cinematic experiences,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “To accommodate rising demand and the diverse requirements of movie theater companies, more lineups and models will be introduced in the future.”
      Despite the relative newness of LED movie screens, LG’s LED based displays can already be found in several major theater chains around the world, with more installations on the way throughout Asia, Europe and North America. In Spain, LG Miraclass screen was recently installed in the Odeon Multicines theater in Vilanova, with more displays arriving soon in Odeon Multicines theaters in the cities of Madrid and Barcelona. To learn more about LG Miraclass, visit
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #

• By News Reporter
      CEO William Cho Discusses Current B2B Businesses and Underscores Providing
      Outstanding Customer Experiences via Advanced Integrated Solutions

SEOUL, Feb. 8, 2023 — LG Electronics’ (LG) CEO William Cho highlighted strategies to strengthen the company’s presence in the global B2B market during his recent visits to the USA and Europe. While meeting with the heads of local subsidiaries, CEO Cho underlined the need to deliver outstanding customer experiences through advanced, integrated solutions that seamlessly combine software and services with differentiated hardware products.
      Beginning in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA at the start of the year, where the CEO attended CES 2023 and discussed the electric vehicle component business with strategic partners, including GM and Magna, CEO Cho visited Barcelona, Spain this month, where he attended ISE 2023, Europe’s largest display exhibition. After witnessing the latest industry and technology trends first-hand, Mr. Cho met with the CEO of Odeon Group, Europe’s largest cinema operator. CEO Cho toured local Odeon theaters equipped with LG Cinema LED screens and held discussions around mid- to long-term strategies, potential partnerships and future challenges in the information display (ID) business.
      “The exceptional customer experience provided by LG’s ID business is based on in-depth research into what customers in each market value,” said CEO William Cho. “We will continue to improve our capability to deliver customized, integrated solutions that further anticipate customer needs.”
      LG plans to further grow its global ID business by strengthening software and service capabilities. To increase sales of its integrated solutions, the company aims to provide highly profitable services that utilize the company’s Pro:Cloud platform.
      CEO Cho then traveled back to the USA, stopping in Atlanta, Georgia, to attend AHR Expo 2023, one of the world’s largest heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) industry events. The CEO stated that LG will continue to bolster its cutting-edge HVAC technologies, which include AI-powered, high-efficiency solutions that save energy as well as smart home platforms that can be controlled and monitored remotely.
      “To become a top player in the global HVAC market, we must provide excellent customer experiences by leveraging our advanced home appliance technology,” emphasized CEO Cho. LG is expanding its number one position in the system air conditioner sector to new and growing markets.
      In rapidly growing system air conditioner markets in Latin America and Central Asia, the company is also seeking to reinforce its strong position by securing cost competitiveness and strengthening its product lineup and after-sales service infrastructure. In Europe, the company will pursue growth by aggressively investing in the development of optimized heating systems.
      Additionally, LG is diversifying its profit structure by expanding its B2B business areas through continuous investment, mergers and strategic cooperation. The company currently offers a wide range of B2B solutions including ID, information technology (IT), robotic and electric vehicle charging solutions (Business Solutions Company); infotainment, electric vehicle powertrain and vehicle lighting systems (Vehicle component Solutions Company); system air conditioners and building management systems, built-in home appliances and component solutions including compressors and motors (Home Appliance & Air Solution Company); and the webOS platform (Home Entertainment Company).
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      CASACOR, which celebrated its 35th anniversary in 2022, is the largest integrated exhibition of architecture, interior design and landscaping in Latin America. Held in the city of São Paulo, Brazil, between July and September last year, the wide-ranging event featured more than 60 architect- and designer-led projects and attracted more than 115,000 in-person visitors.

The official technology partner of CASACOR for four consecutive years, LG Brazil hosted a stylish lifestyle exhibit at the show, pairing modernist interior design with cutting-edge home innovations from the 2022 LG product lineup.

Called
      link hidden, please login to view and designed by architect , the 415 square-meter exhibition space was transformed into a stunning indoor environment complete with gorgeous, understated furnishings and LG’s premium lifestyle solutions. Among these were the LG G2 Gallery Series OLED TV, OLED Objet Collection Posé, side-by-side refrigerator, Styler, WashTower, PuriCare 360° Air Purifier and ARTCOOL Gallery air conditioner. The company’s state-of-the-art appliances blended in perfectly with the curated selection of vintage furniture pieces and interior objects to create a space of effortless comfort, convenience and aesthetic beauty.
      The layout of LG Magenta House was centered around a central island that divided the space into a living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and clothing area. The façade of the project featured walls made entirely of transparent glass bricks, a distinctly modernist touch that lets in natural light and warmth while still maintaining the privacy of those inside.

Drawing inspiration from the Conjunto Nacional – which was completed in the 1950s and has the distinction of being one of São Paulo’s first modern multi-use buildings – the LG Magenta House was awarded the VEJA SP Award for Best CASACOR Environment in the category of “Best Suite.” LG Magenta House was also recognized with the “Best of 2022” award from Archello, a global platform that connects professionals such as architects, sculptors, painters and engineers.

(From left to right) LG Magenta ambassadors at CASACOR 2022: , and
      During CASACOR 2022, LG also announced the next phase of “” – a relationship program designed especially for architects and interior designers – with the launch of a new platform that offers dedicated content, special discounts and exclusive benefits as well as training from industry professionals.

Stay tuned to to learn more about LG’s inspiring projects and collaborations, and to check out the many ways that the company’s smart, innovative products continue to enhance the lives of consumers worldwide.
      Contributed by LG Brazil 
      # # #

• By arshad khawaja
      I have an led LG 43uj651u model.it's colour has more blue.
      I can't fix it.also I have reset but blue colour remains. 
    • By Hblone
      Hallo, I bought a 55un74006LB smart tv in Italy. It seems not to have usb recording capabilities, according to the information on the italian website, but the UK site declare it has. I think it's the same product with the same functions, so how can I turn the live tv and usb recording on? I think I found the options in the service menu but I cannot change the values. Any suggestion?