Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

janisad

webos 3.5 set-top-box

Question

Hi!

I bought an LG 32LJ610V TV with Webos 3.5.

I have SAT TV with set-top-box. I connected it with HDMI cable.

I can watch TV, but I can't find the channels, and in the program guide there aren't any channels. It says i must find channels.

4 answers to this question

Hi!

You have two options:

1. Find channels on SAT TV STB and use STB's program guide. All the control regarding SAT TV channels is done on STB with STB's remote. Connect STB via HDMI with TV.  Switch TV input to HDMI1.

2.  Plug SAT antenna cable into TV, and find channels on TV. In this way, STB is not used anymore. You will also probably need to move smart card for SAT channels decoding from STB to TV.

• Like 1

Normale you change the channels with the remote control which comes with the STB.

But, you can change the Magic remote which comes with the LG. In the connection manager you can tell the TV that a satellite receiver is connected. It will ask the type of receiver and now you should be able to control it with the magic remote. At least, it did it for me when I got a STB for IP TV. LG did a very good job with this feature.

On 8/30/2017 at 0:35 PM, nemilose said:

Hi!

You have two options:

1. Find channels on SAT TV STB and use STB's program guide. All the control regarding SAT TV channels is done on STB with STB's remote. Connect STB via HDMI with TV.  Switch TV input to HDMI1.

2.  Plug SAT antenna cable into TV, and find channels on TV. In this way, STB is not used anymore. You will also probably need to move smart card for SAT channels decoding from STB to TV.

Hey,

My questions about LG Smart TV are somewhat similar and related to this. Will you be able to answer them? LG Support hasn't been of much use to me

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.