Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

janisad

webos 3.5 set-top-box

Question

Hi!

I bought an LG 32LJ610V TV with Webos 3.5.

I have SAT TV with set-top-box. I connected it with HDMI cable.

I can watch TV, but I can't find the channels, and in the program guide there aren't any channels. It says i must find channels.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

3 answers to this question

Hi!

You have two options:

1. Find channels on SAT TV STB and use STB's program guide. All the control regarding SAT TV channels is done on STB with STB's remote. Connect STB via HDMI with TV.  Switch TV input to HDMI1.

2.  Plug SAT antenna cable into TV, and find channels on TV. In this way, STB is not used anymore. You will also probably need to move smart card for SAT channels decoding from STB to TV.

Thx the answer!

Now i'm using the 1st method, but i'm going to buy a conax modul to insert the SAT TV smart card in.

Normale you change the channels with the remote control which comes with the STB.

But, you can change the Magic remote which comes with the LG. In the connection manager you can tell the TV that a satellite receiver is connected. It will ask the type of receiver and now you should be able to control it with the magic remote. At least, it did it for me when I got a STB for IP TV. LG did a very good job with this feature.