Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Pekka Jalonen

better videoplayer with MKV support

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: files on USB device shown as ._xxx.jpg

To have a picture  show on my new LG OLED55B87LC I've connected an external USB 3.0 hard disk (formatted with MS-DOS FAT32 on my iMac) that I've filled with hundreds of pictures from my Fotos App.  But when I open this drive on the TV the jpg pictures (numbered 1.jpg to 999.jpg) show up as ._1.jpg to ._999.jpg. When I scroll down at the end the list then the real jpg`s appear. So it looks like there's a copy of each file on this drive starting with  ._  ?? And all of them can't be shown on the TV - they look faulty ?  I've tried out with another drive / USB stick - just the same problem. Does anyone experience the same problems ? Do USB devices have to be formatted in a special way ? Any idea how to solve this ? 

Ah - and beside this strange thing - is it normal that it last that long for the system of the TV to create all the thumbnail pictures to show on the TV ? When I scroll through a long list of pictures it lasts always a few seconds until the icons of the pictures really show the contents. This is really annoying because it makes the feature useless if I need several minutes to find a picture I'm searching for. Why is it that slow ? Is the USB connection only with 2.0 Standard ? Or is it a performance problem of WebOS ?   

By rologoetz, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 2 answers
    • IPv6 support please

It's 2016 now. IPv6 has been around since 1997. Some countries are close to 50% deployment of IPv6. Even my home printer supports IPv6. The Linux kernel, on which webOS is based has been supporting a stable IPv6 implementation since the 2.6 kernel series.   This was certainly my main disappointment when I bought a LG Smart TV.

By doggie, in LG webOS Wish List

• 7 replies
    • Question: Player problem

I used to cast from ace stream directly to my UJ6300 and I had no problems until a few days ago when the TV got an update for WebOS 3.7 I think. Now whenever I try to cast to the TV it just shows a black screen on the "Web App Viewer" app, I was wondering if maybe I could set a different player as default player when streaming from my phone instead of the Web App Viewer, as when I play from other sources it starts the "Photo&Video" player.  Otherwise I think I would have to downgrade the OS to the previous stable version.  Anyone else having this problem? 

By Luis Araos, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 2 votes
      • 8 answers
    • Magic Remote support for controlling Definitive Technology Studio W sound bar

The Magic Remote has universal remote control support for a number of different sound bar brands, but not for Definitive Technology and their W Studio sound bar model.  I would like to see this support added.  It would also be nice if the interface allowed manually setting the remote control codes for various functions, in the case where corresponding devices are not listed.

By slewis7, in LG webOS Wish List

• 3 replies
    • Question: Point and click to play video for youtube app not working

I have purchased lg smart TV having webos in month of may. After updating YouTube app last week , selecting video with magic remote pointer and play video is stopped . I have to use navigation key to select video and play .  Please look into to it

By Shekhar Rajepandhare, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 0 answers
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By mmerc2004
      I have 2 LG TV's both running different versions of WebOS 3.x (UJ6300 and UH6550). The 6550 picks up my DLNA NAS, but the 6300 does not AFTER I unplugged and moved my NAS. Everything else works fine - can see the storage on my computer on the other TV (and play content), but not on the 6300. This used to work fine, but after cleaning up my server room, this one TV is uncooperative. 
      Any ideas?

• By Appergioz
      Hi all,
      I have a question in using SmartShare on LG WebOS 2.0 (my LG TV is 43UF770T, a 2015 model).
      Recently I often use the TV to view pictures from files located in my NAS through DLNA capabilities in SmartShare app. I found out that when I view pictures with resolution smaller than 4K, then the pictures are shown in the center of the TV screen and cannot be shown full screen (automatic best-fit). This is quite annoying because when viewing older photos taken from old phones with 1920 x 1080 resolution for example, then the picture will look small because it is not shown full screen.
      For comparison, when viewing video files, the TV automatically resizes the images until best-fit full screen, i.e. video with smaller resolution than 4K still shown full screen. This is exactly what I want.
      Does anyone here know how to get full screen image shown for smaller pictures (auto resize upscale to best fit full screen), just as with video files in SmartShare?

Many thanks in advance.
    • By Mihai B.
      Few days ago I received my new 55EG920V 4k OLED TV 2015 model with passive 3D and after a brief testing it turned out that 4k over DLNA isn't supported in WebOS2.0 - LG customer support already confirmed that. Of course, this limitation isn’t explicitly stated anywhere, neither in the the owner’s manual nor on the LG official website. The same MKV HEVC file would play well enough through USB, but not DLNA. So for the unlucky WebOS2.0 4k TV owners, the only way of playing 4k content from the home network is through USB. This is mind blowing, in the high speed internet connections and gigabyte ethernet era, LG force its own customers to move USB sticks between computer and TV.
      Leaving out important information through omission means misleading commercial practices: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/unfair-treatment/unfair-commercial-practices/index_en.htm.
      Are LG or WebOS developers willing to fix this issue through a future firmware update?

PS. the passive 3D is spectacular, this is the main reason I bought this somehow outdated 4k TV
      PS2. could someone with a WebOS3.0 or 3.5 TV confirm that 4k over DLNA is supported with this newer OS versions?
    • By Dor Nissan
      Hello, 
      I have a problem enabling my subtitles on my LG UH65 TV.
      All my computers are connected to the same network and are in the same HomeGroup (windows 10 feature), my LG-TV is connected to the same network.
      My primary computer is working as a media server without any applications (like Plex etc..).
      I have been working on it for days and now I got to the point where I can view the videos which located on my primary computer, on the TV.
      At this point I wanted to watch the videos with subs so I did the following actions:
      1. Pressing on Photos and Movies.
      2. Choosing the videos folder, navigated to "All Videos"
      3. The video has started
      4. Pressed on the "3 points" button and saw there is a button called subtitles but it was grayed out and disabled.
      What can I do in order to make it work?
      Few things that I think you need to know:
      - the subs has the same name
      - the files (movie and subs) located at the same directory
      - for some reason, I have to put the videos (and the music and the photos) on my library on Windows Media PLayer to be able to see them on "All Videos" directory
      Thank you very much !!