Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Alex

How to Control Your LG TV with Your Phone, Mirror Your Screen & More (2016)

Did you know you can use your phone as a remote for your LG Smart TV with webOS 3.0? You can also mirror your smartphone screen to the TV or play content from your smartphone. With the LG Device Connector, it’s all easy to set up! After watching the video, grab your remote and press the Home button to get started. Pretty soon your smartphone will be paired with your Smart TV, creating the perfect combination of state-of-the-art technology that puts all your content literally at your fingertips. Learn more about LG Smart TVs here: http://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs/s... LG Device Connector Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

What a ripoff!!!!  It says connect a "Smartphone".  I have an iPhone, that everyone in the world would consider a "Smartphone".  It isn't until after I bought the TV and got into the connection process that they define a "Smartphone" as not including an iPhone.  That is just totally misleading!!!!!  If they don't support iOS then they should make that *very* clear up front.

I tried it on our ipad mini and it worked. The app was... well crap but it worked. They really need to work on the ui and remove the "connecting with device" message that appears constantly. Also, they should provide support for other content services like google, dropbox, onedrive. We have nothing stored locally, everything in the cloud. Samsung has this, why not LG?

/MrNorth

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By alan dickinson
      I have two very thin but very distinct parallel, vertical lines on the left of my screen. Is this a hardware or software problem?
    • By Eiskaffee
      Hi there,

a few weeks ago i got the 43uj6309 LG SmartTV and now i got a question to this TV.

My plan is to install a Ambilight for the TV itself, without HDMI input (as I got none). I red the last days a lot about it and it seems its not that hard.
      The only problem is, every topic is about grabbing the video source of an HDMI device, not the TV screen itself.  As i dont use any HDMI Device and just stream TV, Netflix and Amazon my ambilight setup has to get the video information from the TV directly.

So i came up with an idea... maybe its not (yet) working or just a stupid idea...

Is it possible to stream the Video signal of the TV to any device trough my network at home? Screensharing or miracast work the same way, dont they? There are Apps like the WEBOS app, where i can scroll trough my photos, so there must be a way to share my TV screen to another WIFI device in the network.

If that works or if  there is any way to get the f*** video signal of my TV to the raspberry Pi my ambilight setup would work.

so thanks to anyone who is into the topic and knows someting about it. 
      peace
    • By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
      Hey there,  I have had a  OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but

I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.

I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.

anyone know how to fix?
    • By Alex
      Want to customize your LG TV viewing experience? There’s a setting for that! And it’s inside our easy-to-use menus. To begin, just touch the Settings menu on your Magic Remote and you’ll discover simple features let you watch TV your way. Colorful icons guide the way so you can experience the magic of LG Smart TVs the simple way, while bringing a world of entertainment right into your home. From customizing the picture and sound, to connecting to the internet and so much more, this is the place to get started. Watch the video now and discover more about the user-friendly innovation behind every LG Smart TV here: http://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs/s...