Quantcast

HotStar App for LG WebOS TV

invinci

Hello Everyone,

I have 2014 LG 47LB750T tv and I am happy with the TVs performance. It has just updated to newer 05.05.25 firmware. New apps are getting added in the store.

I have been following HotStar app in my phone from quite a long time. It has a very good list of shows and movies list. I was wondering if we can have HotStar app for our WebOS tv as well. Recently DittoTV app has too been added which is a boon for those who have frequent DTH cable connection problem. It directly streams live over the Internet and package is very economical.

If LG Developers can also introduce HotStar app for our LG TV it will be a big boost to the platform as it is very popular in India. They also have their own Original series just like Netflix which are also very good. So requesting devs to kindly introduce HotStar app for our WebOS TVs. Thank You.

Link to the HotStar website:

link hidden, please login to view

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Screen sharing while using your System  in window 10

Mine is extremely frustrating it have its days one day it works okay one day I'm having trouble connecting then the next it finally connects stay connected for about 10-30 minutes then the tv says Its  disconnected from the laptop the lg tv and windows 10 laptop are both new so it has to be a lg or Microsoft issue now I'm currently stuck with

app which works fine connecting to my my   tablet.😜

• 1 month later...

had written to hotstar team for this and got below reply

Currently, our Hotstar App is not compatible with Smart/Android TV. However, it is in the Development phase and will be made available soon. Once we upgrade our platform to HTML 5 it should be compatible with WebOS as well. As this may take a while, your patience is appreciated. 

In the meanwhile, you can watch videos on your Smart TV using a Chromecast, Apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick Device. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

It seems we wont see Hotstar on WebOS any time soon. This is the update I got from Hotstar.

Thank you for writing to Hotstar.

We at Hotstar appreciate feedback from our viewers and answer all the queries.

It is good to see your active engagement with our digital platform. We have recently released an app for Android Smart TV. App development for Web OS based Smart TV's is still some time away.

Stay tuned for the updates.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/25/2016 at 6:20 PM, invinci said:

Hello Everyone,

I have 2014 LG 47LB750T tv and I am happy with the TVs performance. It has just updated to newer 05.05.25 firmware. New apps are getting added in the store.

I have been following HotStar app in my phone from quite a long time. It has a very good list of shows and movies list. I was wondering if we can have HotStar app for our WebOS tv as well. Recently DittoTV app has too been added which is a boon for those who have frequent DTH cable connection problem. It directly streams live over the Internet and package is very economical.

If LG Developers can also introduce HotStar app for our LG TV it will be a big boost to the platform as it is very popular in India. They also have their own Original series just like Netflix which are also very good. So requesting devs to kindly introduce HotStar app for our WebOS TVs. Thank You.

Link to the HotStar website:

Hi I would like to see hotstar app in webos. Can you pls share release of this app in webos, if you know??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/26/2018 at 3:10 PM, Siddharth Chauhan said:

Hi I would like to see hotstar app in webos. Can you pls share release of this app in webos, if you know??

it is now available sir .. i have made a vedio on the same but somehow premium content doesnt work well .. 

On 6/19/2018 at 9:50 PM, tony mathew said:

I have purchased LG 554T 43 inch TV , which have webos. Please provide jioTv , hotstar to your product, since this are  India's Netflix .

it is now available sir .. i have made a vedio on the same but somehow premium content doesnt work well .. please check the vedio

1 hour ago, Divyu said:

it is now available sir .. i have made a vedio on the same but somehow premium content doesnt work well .. please check the vedio

Hi Divyu,

Thanks for creating the video on the premium content issue.  I would send the link to Hotstar's support desk as everyone here is just an end user and it would be unlikely that we could solve the issue as it is probably an issue with the service provider not the TV.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

@james jim Hotstar is available only for web os 3.5 or above. It is not available for webos 3.0 and below. You can request hotstar to make the app compatible with 3.0 if possible technically.

51 minutes ago, james jim said:

I am still not getting disney hotstar App on my LG webos tv . Web os version is 5.50.95.

Is there any way  to install it???

• 3 weeks later...